PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:01:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
0 Members and 12 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 408 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.  (Read 1608764 times)
redraw
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
« Reply #5205 on: 2009 September 27, 21:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing too Ugg worthy with those toddler's dresses, except for the bump mapping with the pony dress, what appears to be early 3d spaceships on black skirted dress, and the ruffle glitch that happens to the Child formal dresses from the base game for the polka dot dress.

Nuke paysites from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: 2009 September 28, 03:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't Disney leave one movie alone, and not ruin it?

No. #1 was great. #2 was so bad I didn't bother to see #3.

These are the people who made the raping-history-fest that is <i>Pocahontas</i>, after all.

Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: 2009 September 28, 11:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm from Virginia (which is where Jamestown is located) and the National Park and Festival Park were livid at what Disney did with that movie. You do not mention that movie at either place without expecting to get ripped a new one.

To explain the parks, we have the site of the actual town (which is foundations and archeological digs) that is run by the National Parks service, the Festival park is a recreation of the original fort and part of the indian village that Powhatan governed. Nearby is Yorktown and Williamsburg.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: 2009 September 28, 16:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention that there was no happy ending for Pocahontas, she died of either smallpox, tuberculosis or pneumonia at age twenty-two, and far from her homeland. She married John Rolfe and went to live with him in England. They were on the voyage back to her homeland when she fell ill and died, never getting out to sea but only as far as the River Thames. She converted to Christianity and in those days, you can pretty much bet that it was only done in order to save her own life. She and John Rolfe had one son before her death, named Thomas Rolfe and he has many famous descendants. Yeah, the Disney movie was a total whitewash of bullshit, done to make money and brain wash the kiddies that the white man has always been good and honourable in his dealings with those of other cultures. I think we all know how that rolls, though.  Tongue
« Last Edit: 2009 September 28, 16:40:28 by Paden » Logged

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: 2009 September 28, 17:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG you mean the pilgrims didn't spontaneously burst into song at every opportunity?! Noooooo!! My childhood. It's ruined!
Ah, well. *sigh* It sure did have some catchy tunes. Smiley

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: 2009 September 28, 17:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The tunes are great but what they presented sure the hell wasn't what happened. Change the names of the characters and it's not so bad, but they sure butchered the fuck outta history.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: 2009 September 28, 17:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always been curious just how many children believe Disney's version of history. I was lucky enough to have a mother who told me every other time The Little Mermaid was on (which was quite often) that "That wasn't the way Hans Christian Andersen wrote it!" and proceeded to outline the sad tale that was really what he wrote. [Did I say lucky? I meant unfortunate!] And of course this type of thing wasn't limited to that one film, or even just Disney films. However, I also knew a girl who, at the age of 9, refused to believe that the characters in cartoons weren't real. She swore to me that they were real life actors, and I was absolutely wrong wrong wrong! Her mother wasn't about to dash her daughter's fantastic notions, however odd and unrealistic they were. Which brings me back to - I wonder how many children these days really believe Disney's version of history?

rapture
ARR!

batman geek

View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: 2009 September 28, 17:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know about the little mermaid until... last week, actually. xD I knew the disney version wasn't right, but I didn't read the actual story until that point.

But I always hated cinderella as a kid, and I'd insist on telling everybody about how the stepsisters mutilated their feet so they could wear the glass slippers. At the time, I thought it was kind of funny.  D:

Sims LJ

But how did one make a horse go?
"...Giddyap?"
paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5213 on: 2009 September 28, 21:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Little Mermaid was one of my favorite stories when I was little, because it showed that there aren't always happy endings and the knight in shining armor wasn't going to come and rescue you just because you're a beautiful princess.
In the original story, the mermaid doesn't get the love of the prince she desires and is turned into sea foam. It's very sad, but it taught me not to expect someone to come and rescue me and make all my dreams come true. I learned that you have to count on yourself.
Disney's version completely misses the point, and further convinces little girls that they are princesses and that a man will ultimately make them happy, which is total bullshit.

My Deviant artwork here.
Austere
Sexist Creep
ARR!

No one is ugly except those who call people ugly.

View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: 2009 September 28, 22:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they make another Cinderella sequel, I'm going to throttle someone. Walt Disney would turn in his grave if he knew what his company is doing as of 2006.

I remember watching Pocahontas and Cinderella and Little Mermaid with some kids I babysat back in the day and thinking, "Oh, these kids are going to be pissed when they read the real stories." And I was right. =P
Now Disney's got Marvel. And frankly, I'm scared.

That's not funny, you nimrods. Now get that crap out of my member title.
aeris
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: 2009 September 28, 22:43:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Disney's version completely misses the point, and further convinces little girls that they are princesses and that a man will ultimately make them happy, which is total bullshit.

Exactly. I find this stupidly annoying. And that's why I love comics. Ok, it's drawn by men so women usually have big boobs and some of them look like they're fighting crime in their underwear. But at least, they are badass and they don't wait for a man to do their job.

Austere: Yeah, Disney's bought Marvel. Don't know why, but when I read that I immediately pictured Wolverine with a pink tutu. Scary. But hey, as long as they stay away from DC comics and Batsy, I'm ok. Cheesy

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: 2009 September 28, 23:01:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now Disney's got Marvel. And frankly, I'm scared.

Oh, crapola. The hubbs and I were watching The Hulk the other night and he said something about Disney buying Marvel and I flat out told him that I didn't believe him because no one could be so cruel as to do such a thing. Guess I owe him an apology!

rapture
ARR!

batman geek

View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: 2009 September 29, 00:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Disney bought Marvel as a business. It's going to work the same as Pixar: Marvel will do its own projects, but with a bigger budget and financial backing, and it'll have the disney logo next to the marvel logo. So no worries, guys. Smiley

This will mean more money for movies and publishing, but it shouldn't affect the comics at all. Because they know how temperamental we nerds can be. Wink

What Disney's getting out of this is more money (duh, lol) and they're hoping to get more young adult men in their demographic, since they've already got little girls worshiping Disney. So to speak.

So it's a business decision, not a creative decision. I'm still keeping my ears open.. just in case.

Sims LJ

But how did one make a horse go?
"...Giddyap?"
aeris
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: 2009 September 29, 07:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So it's a business decision, not a creative decision.

Yep. Just like when some company decided to create a one-shot issue about Stephenie Meyer's life.(you know, the writer of Twatlight) How she grew up, how she met her husband... I thought it was a joke. But it wasn't. The few panels I saw on the internet were terrifying. $3.99 of pure ugliness.

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
emethyst
Landlubber

Lurks and learns

View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: 2009 September 29, 09:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

a one-shot issue about Stephenie Meyer's life

What the hell? Why would anyone in their right mind buy that? Who actually thought the rabid Twilight fans would be interested in the first place? Unfortunately, the franchise is dipping it's greedy fingers into everything while it can (eerily reminiscent of a certain paysite), so look forward to more crap being churned out.

Reminds me of that book on Robert Pattinson. The horror, the horror.

I lol'd.
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 408 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: