PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:06:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
0 Members and 13 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 408 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.  (Read 1609087 times)
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
Re: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
« Reply #4830 on: 2009 August 18, 05:06:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I like that MTS takes the high road.  And I'm probably the only person who actually wants Chaz to post there again, just once, he's so damn lulzy.  The jealousy just cracks me up.

Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: 2009 August 18, 05:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feh, I've had enough run ins with Delphy from the TS2 days to know he is not all high road. He does play the PR game well though and seems to want to try to be all things to all people as much as he can, at least publicly.

Personally I have no tolerance for such things and if that means I take the low road then oh well. Tongue

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: 2009 August 18, 10:40:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone want a wedding dress?

This is only part one. Chaz is going to release all of Britney's clothes from her Circus tour thing.(I need a scared smiley here)

Boy is she deformed.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: 2009 August 18, 11:49:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing is, this "high road" stuff is NOT WORKING. It's also completely alien to anyone who's familiar with other gaming communities. You don't treat criminals and con artists politely. You don't respect the opinion that paying for game mods is okay, it's far too stupid an opinion. When people want to destroy your community for their own profit you beat them with warhammers. They don't have the right to sell parts of the game, and they don't have the right to pretend they give the tiniest little damn about the quality of their mods, the game, or anyone else in the community.

I left a site I had a lot of friends on because I was told I'd have to play nice with these fuckwits. Sometimes the "high road" is really just another way of saying "cowardice".

Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4834 on: 2009 August 18, 14:02:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree. Again see my post in the TSR virus thread about the Elder Scrolls Community vs this one.

Paysites don't exist there because the community absolutely under no circumstances will tolerate it. Whenever someone attempted something even remotely resembling a pay mod they got a new asshole ripped a hundred times over and run of the board on a rail, so to speak.

Such behavior may displease the BBS/N99/MTS (and obviously TSR) crowd but you know what? It was effective. Their community doesn't have pay sites and ours does. Even a modder who was pay in the Sims community didn't dare attempt it when he modded for Elder Scrolls. Now that tells you something right there. It exists because the community allows it to exist by playing nice and taking the high road.

The thing is, they don't care if you take the high road. They really don't. They're still laughing all the way to the bank. All it is some public face and reputation preserving thing so that you look good in the eyes of other people. I personally don't care about that. I'm going to say what I think and people can feel however they want about that.

Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: 2009 August 18, 16:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with you Motoki--especially since modding for TES is much more complicated than doing an ugly colorfill for Sims 2.  Even I can do the latter, but I failed something awful just trying to figure out the coordinates for placing objects with the TESCS.

But I'm afraid the masses have been thoroughly brainwashed at this point.  I'm not sure how to get them to realize that paying for stuff is stupid.

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: 2009 August 18, 16:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That wedding dress is disgusting. Clearly someone work very hard on their new tinfoil pattern. Roll Eyes

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: 2009 August 18, 18:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I like that MTS takes the high road. And I'm probably the only person who actually wants Chaz to post there again, just once, he's so damn lulzy.  The jealousy just cracks me up.

No you're not. I luv Chaz *does jazz hands*.  But I understand that HP wants to keep the threads on topic. Well actually we have no choice do we. Their site their rules. Fair enough.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #4838 on: 2009 August 18, 19:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Take the high road", and "nice", do not mean "bend over and take it up the ass".  I'm not asking anyone to be friendly to Thoma$ or Peggy.  Not asking anyone to tolerate paysites.  I'm saying when a *player* voices pro-paysite arguments, disagree with them, argue passionately, but in a civil manner, because insulting people does not convince them.  While calling them stupid and lost causes may be entirely true in many or even most cases, it doesn't help convince those who could be convinced.  Neriana and others, I don't blame you at all for being fed up and frustrated after so much time and effort, and little apparent change.  But why dissuade others from trying civility?  You may consider it a complete waste of time, but it's other people's time to waste, isn't it?

Andais
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: 2009 August 18, 20:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had this really big urge to go to TSR and comment under any celebrity that Chaz did that Stefan has also done and comment "Stefan did it better" or "doesn't look anything like him/her."

And it is very, very indicative of the differing attitudes that comments on something at MTS can be compliments and also constructive criticism/suggestion to help the item be better.  I don't believe that constructive criticism is welcome at TSR.  Of course, most people just post something to get their kudos point.  Doubt they even actually look at or try out the item.  (Not to mention that TSR prompts you for a comment when you download -- you aren't even encouraged to see how it looks in game and then come back and comment)
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4840 on: 2009 August 18, 22:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But why dissuade others from trying civility?  You may consider it a complete waste of time, but it's other people's time to waste, isn't it?

Er... why try to persuade anyone of anything? Because I want others to use their time in a more effective fashion.  I believe this "civility" is counterproductive. I want people to be actually scared of saying they support paysites. I want people who support paysites to feel they will be shunned. They don't actually have the right to buy illegal products anyway. This idea of "rights", when people say "stop being mean to him/her s/he has a right to think that," is always a red herring in social intercourse in any case. I'm not the government.

I joined MTS2 in 2004. It's been 5 years. Nothing's different. If anything, paysites have gained ground. I compare communities where the idea of paysites is anathema to the Sims community. What they do works. What the Sims community does, doesn't work. I'm sick of failing.

Actually, I think that real progress starts being made when part of an activist group radicalizes. All of a sudden the other part of the group starts looking quite moderate and sane in comparison to others who might not have given them a second glance before. And the seeming "moderates" aren't scary, unlike those crazy radicals, so the powers that be start accepting them, and eventually the entire community accepts the activists group's goals. I don't mind being the lunatic fringe Wink.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 18, 23:12:02 by neriana » Logged

Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4841 on: 2009 August 19, 00:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People have a right to believe what they will, but that doesn't make their belief any less idiotic.  And I definitely have the right to tell them that.  That's what people fail to understand when they try to be all whiteknight and defensive.

I have noticed over the years that being blunt initially and then broadening the explanation of your position seems to be a hell of a lot more effective than trying to be especially polite and not tread on any toes from the get-go.
millahnna
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4842 on: 2009 August 19, 01:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's good and inevitable that there's different approaches to this; good because what reaches one person might not reach another and inevitable because it seems that there's a timeline to the whole thing.  I know I used to be nicer about the debate, then I got meaner, then I found some middle ground that feels best for me when articulating my thoughts on the subject.

"I always look like a heart floating in a jar of formaldehyde when I go swimming. Always. I make a point of it. Doesn't everybody?"  -- HeyBubbe
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: 2009 August 19, 03:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of high roads. In light of Miss Thing's recent bitch attack I though it appropriate that we look back and and appreciate the wonder that is Chaz Designs *jazz hands*

I call it Hommage à Chaz. That's Fronch.

We love you Chaz

There's two hours of my life I'll never get back.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: 2009 August 19, 03:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my god. Laughing so hard! Stop, it hurts!

Poor Barbara to be associated with that.  Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 408 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: