PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:01:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
0 Members and 9 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 408 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.  (Read 1609691 times)
Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
« Reply #3660 on: 2009 April 05, 19:17:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kind of liked this bedroom set. the colors were nice and it seemed to be reasonably made.  I could live with the fact that the pillows swallowed the Sims heads.

But then it developed a tumor:

I'm just glad I didn't actually pay for the damn thing.  Tongue

What happened to the table next to the bed? The lamp appears to floating above a box of pillows.

And looky here:
http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo20/paperbeth/PeggyDONATIONmesh0051.jpg
It looks decent enough from the front (which is the only view you get at her site), but turn it around and WTF!
I remember a while back, Cala talking about the infamous "Peggy Gap". Now I see what she was talking about.
The poor guy looks like a victim of radiation poisoning. Oddly though, the female version of this hair doesn't have the gap.
I included Rissa's recolor to show that the gap still shows up, it's part of the mesh.
This is unacceptable for a "donation" mesh.  Peggy, for shame!

(edited to avoid posting twice in a row)

Sorry that my post is so late...

The fixed mesh is included at my site as well as you can see from the mesh and texture information!
Seems like you have the broken version somewhere in your folder. Just remove it and add the mesh by Thebes (which fixes another problem with the teen texture).
The hair is working fine in my game thanks to her for more than a year already.
Btw, Peggy fixed it herself some weeks after is was released first (it was in her announcements and even made it to the frontpage of her site), but aparently nobody bothered to upload the fixed mesh here.

keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: 2009 April 05, 20:54:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is his head so square and flat? This reminds me of Herman Munster with his hair grown out.  Tongue

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
EmilyTwitch
Mentally Retarded
ARR!

is still in 12-school...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3662 on: 2009 April 05, 20:56:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay now I feel bad because my real-life hair looks pretty much exactly like that.... Is there a female version?

Oh look, I get a speshul title. Thanks Pescado.
Artwork?
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: 2009 April 05, 21:02:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay now I feel bad because my real-life hair looks pretty much exactly like that.... Is there a female version?

The hair itself is a lot like mine too, but the head looks like someone indulged in a little head shaping when the Sim was a baby. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: 2009 April 05, 21:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't see a female version, but, go ahead and request it. She seems to do alot of requests.

@ I wasn't saying the hair was bad. It's the head that freaks me out.  Cheesy

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3665 on: 2009 April 06, 02:19:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kind of liked this bedroom set. the colors were nice and it seemed to be reasonably made.  I could live with the fact that the pillows swallowed the Sims heads.

But then it developed a tumor:

I'm just glad I didn't actually pay for the damn thing.  Tongue

What happened to the table next to the bed? The lamp appears to floating above a box of pillows.

And looky here:
http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo20/paperbeth/PeggyDONATIONmesh0051.jpg
It looks decent enough from the front (which is the only view you get at her site), but turn it around and WTF!
I remember a while back, Cala talking about the infamous "Peggy Gap". Now I see what she was talking about.
The poor guy looks like a victim of radiation poisoning. Oddly though, the female version of this hair doesn't have the gap.
I included Rissa's recolor to show that the gap still shows up, it's part of the mesh.
This is unacceptable for a "donation" mesh.  Peggy, for shame!

(edited to avoid posting twice in a row)

Sorry that my post is so late...

The fixed mesh is included at my site as well as you can see from the mesh and texture information!
Seems like you have the broken version somewhere in your folder. Just remove it and add the mesh by Thebes (which fixes another problem with the teen texture).
The hair is working fine in my game thanks to her for more than a year already.
Btw, Peggy fixed it herself some weeks after is was released first (it was in her announcements and even made it to the frontpage of her site), but aparently nobody bothered to upload the fixed mesh here.
Thanks for the info. I didn't know the mesh was old. I'll try the fixed one. Without the gap, I think it's one of the few of Peggy's that I like.
I hope evryone understands that I used your recolor to make a point about the mesh. I really like your recolors, and was not ripping on them at all.

My Deviant artwork here.
Ash Redfern
Infamous Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: 2009 April 06, 02:50:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, we did.

Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: 2009 April 06, 04:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

those pictures of the freak chair made me laugh so hard I woke up my husband!  I am going to download that set now just to see if I set floating sims!

Someone could recolor that peggy hair and make a helmet out of it.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: 2009 April 06, 05:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Goes on rant about lack of male hair that looks like male hair*

paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3669 on: 2009 April 06, 05:19:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree. Why is it so hard to find any male hair that looks even close to any real hairstyles that men actually wear? The only ones I have found are Nouk's and maybe 2 or 3 others at MTS2. Everywhere else I look, I find nothing but outrageously feminine, anime style hair for men. *gag*

Side note: is it just me, or do Rose's blonde hair colors look green and/or brassy. Not natural blondes at all. Does she even know what real blonde hair looks like? Some of the brown shades look really green also.   Piss yellow does not equal blonde.

edited to add: I think Peggy suffers from the same type of colorblindness.

My Deviant artwork here.
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: 2009 April 06, 05:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is it so hard to find any male hair that looks even close to any real hairstyles that men actually wear? The only ones I have found are Nouk's and maybe 2 or 3 others at MTS2.

Nouk's Sport It hair is amazing. Just a nice short gelled-looking hairstyle.

Nutty
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: 2009 April 06, 11:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got a bit of catching up to do, it seems:

<chair macro>

LOL! Love it. That so needs to be secreted Wink

Yeah, aren't there canned animations that are assigned when you make a chair?  It's amazing that she could make it that WTF.  And, even though I know they're sims, looking at those contortionist moves creeps me out a little. Embarrassed

I don't think Peggy's latest free hair has been posted, and it definitely deserves a place in this thread.

<snip>

It's just...no one's hair is THAT big.  It looks absurd.  I think I'd fall backward from the weight of that thing.

1) Me too. The mind boggles Undecided

2) That hair looks like it escaped from an Austin Powers movie.

Why is his head so square and flat? This reminds me of Herman Munster with his hair grown out.  Tongue

<snip>

I have to agree o_O

those pictures of the freak chair made me laugh so hard I woke up my husband!  I am going to download that set now just to see if I set floating sims!

LOL You'll have to let me know if a sim ever gets stuck like that. I feared that all the time with mine, especially with it being a legacy so I was taking pictures, and one thing you don't want in that situation is the wind changing Tongue

Side note: is it just me, or do Rose's blonde hair colors look green and/or brassy. Not natural blondes at all. Does she even know what real blonde hair looks like? Some of the brown shades look really green also.   Piss yellow does not equal blonde.

No, it's not just you. Peggy, I have to say, suffers from a unique colourblindness - allow me to demonstrate:

This is Dylan, wearing the hair he's had since a tot. I let him keep it right up until young adult before I'd had enough - notice the eyebrows? Yes, that's right:

His hair's meant to be this colour! Brown =/= black, Peggy! >_<
Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: 2009 April 06, 11:34:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, we did.

Thanks, Ash. It was me who didn't bother to look Wink
I just thought that the broken mesh must be available somewhere still if Paperbeth still had it and claimed it wasn't fixed yet. I thought she must have re-downloaded it recently to make that statement...

Thanks for the info. I didn't know the mesh was old. I'll try the fixed one. Without the gap, I think it's one of the few of Peggy's that I like.
I hope evryone understands that I used your recolor to make a point about the mesh. I really like your recolors, and was not ripping on them at all.

I just wondered why you still had the broken mesh if you already had my recolors.

http://www.rosesims2.net/sims2/update/image/rosehair_0077.jpg

A lot of Rose's free hairs are that flat on top, I just checked because I thought I've seen a female version of it, but there isn't one. Instead there are a lot of shorter hairs for females that are looking similarly square.

I agree. Why is it so hard to find any male hair that looks even close to any real hairstyles that men actually wear? The only ones I have found are Nouk's and maybe 2 or 3 others at MTS2. Everywhere else I look, I find nothing but outrageously feminine, anime style hair for men. *gag*

I think I found a reason why the haircolors at the Peggyzone are not consistent.
Recently I wondered why the hair with the huge braid on top of the head and the huge ribbon was so off-colored. One look at the filenames showed me a reason.

The way the files are named changed when Peggysims2 was made into the Peggyzone. Since then they (the packages, not the stupid numbering system at the site) are following a scheme which is the same every time.
Peggy_Fh090116_Pegy069_MESH.package
Peggy_Fh090123_J107_mesh.package
Peggy_Fh090102_q013_mesh.package
Peggy_Mh090101_z062_mesh.package
Peggy_Fh080830_p003_mesh.package
Peggy_Fh081212_Z063_mesh.package
Peggy_Fh081204_d006_mesh.package
Peggy_Fh080219_W024_mesh.package

You can see that labeling is similar each time. Fh and Mh are the gender the hair is made for, the numbers are the date this hair was released. Now it's getting interesting:
The next part of the labeling tells us who the creator of the meshfile is! "J" stands for Juice, Pegy is Pegy. The number behind the letter tells us the number of the mesh by this one creator. This means that this mesh is Juice's 107th, Pegy has made 69 meshes until January this year.
The other ones are by different creators! I don't know who they are, if and where they released their other hairmeshes if they made some before. I just know that they are rather new to the Peggyzone and sometimes even release only one mesh there. (Note: The "P"-person is someone different to Pegy. Bus as s/he is rather new older hairs by Pegy are labeled with "P" as well, only recently she labeled the hairs with her full name).

This should be enough of an explanation why the quality of mesh, texture and colors differes that much. Luckily hairfiles are recolorable...

ferncapel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: 2009 April 06, 12:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice!

The bottom hem isnt even straight!

These well er...packed undies! are paid for. I know the look theyre going for...but they just look like theyve more down there then a normal female!

Wet yourself love?

« Last Edit: 2009 April 06, 12:59:40 by ferncapel » Logged
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: 2009 April 06, 14:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is why we are very thankful to awesome people who recolor hair! Smiley   What peggy hair I do have most it is not it's original colours.

That sim in green, she looks like she is packing  LOL

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 408 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: