PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 22:29:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
0 Members and 19 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 408 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.  (Read 1626058 times)
emethyst
Landlubber

Lurks and learns

View Profile
Re: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
« Reply #2655 on: 2009 January 27, 12:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That looks like it was photoshopped to the maxed. And how does the blood convince you it's alive? Oh wait...
eternal_darkness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: 2009 January 27, 13:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, they look crappy in game (whats new?). Those horrific sweaters I posted were Ekinege's. The middle one would be nice if it were re-textured IMO.

The World Will Look Up and Shout, “Save Us!” And I’ll Look Down and Whisper, “No.”
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2657 on: 2009 January 27, 13:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To me it looks like someone trying their hardest to imitate the whole GoS goth look and completely and utterly failing in the worst way possible.

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2658 on: 2009 January 27, 13:59:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh, is that the newest incarnation of GoS-hating? Because I liked the lulzy butthurt simsecrets better.

Mheyin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: 2009 January 27, 15:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bloody mouth is an attempt to reassure you that she is human and not one of those creepy porcelain dolls.

Unfortunately, she IS one of those creepy porcelain dolls and she has a  bloody mouth because she  just got done eating someone.

Yo-ho, haul together,
Hoist the colors high!
Heave-ho, thieves and beggars,
Never say we die!
aeris
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: 2009 January 27, 19:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chaz is about to release an other Britney (again?The last one was a week ago!!).Seriously, at this point, it's more than obsession.It's insanity.

I thought this would be more interesting: A fugly hair and a maid dress for children.

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2661 on: 2009 January 27, 19:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I’ll just jump in with a little anecdote about AngelamvEliza who was mentioned as the creator of an ugly set with strangely placed vertices over on page 176/177.

Last summer she released an outdoor set over at Reflex Sims Forum. It had the most ridiculous poly counts. (When reading this remember that 1,000 used to be the recommended poly count per tile for a Sims 2 object. With new systems and all let’s raise that to 2,000. In any case SimPE on normal settings won’t let you import a mesh with more than 2,000 polys into a package).

AngelamvEliza’s Classic Outdoor Set included:
A chair – with 39,404 polys
A table – with 19,776 polys
A parasol – with 19452 polys

I’ll just repeat that, shall I. 39,404 polys for a chair.  Shocked

AngelamvEliza did say that the set had very high polys when she first posted it. When asked what exactly that meant here’s what she responded:

Begin quote

OK looked it up in Milkshape for you.. (because i care more about how it looks rather than how many poly's are in there and since i don't play sims, it's not bothering me either.. Wink )

Here goes:

Chair: V (verticals) 20069, T (faces) 39404
Table: V 9926, T 19776
Parasol: V 9742, T 19452

End quote

If you want to see the other responses and the rest of the thread go here:

http://www.reflexsimsforum.com/showthread.php?t=12635

Incidentially, there was a one point an ’Insanely High Poly Count List’ going around, but I think it died out. It was extremely interesting, though. Would anybody feel like starting a new one here?

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
aeris
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: 2009 January 27, 19:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously?! And she calls herself an artist? 39000 poly per tile that's a murder!
Thank God her "creations" are too ugly to find a place in my game.
Hell,some room sets have less polys than that! Angry
Fake edit: Obviously, the chair wasn't meshed by her,it's a 3D model, that's why it's so high in polys.

I don't really visit the RSF often.They really worship FAs there and these days the place is awfully crowded *cough*mirraaj*cough*

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: 2009 January 27, 21:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bloody mouth is an attempt to reassure you that she is human and not one of those creepy porcelain dolls.
Ok..mission accomplished??! Huh Still sim abuse to me and creepy!  Undecided
Wow those maid dresses...guess now they are promoting child labor!? (yet another illegal doing.)
« Last Edit: 2009 January 27, 21:45:52 by siberiansunset » Logged

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2664 on: 2009 January 27, 21:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last summer she released an outdoor set over at Reflex Sims Forum. It had the most ridiculous poly counts.

Oooh - I remember that.  I couldn't figure where the polys went in that - perhaps complex tiny shapes inside the pillows.  Undecided And it's not as you could see that the shapes justified the amount of polys either - with those sorts of polys I want intricately detailed mindblowing stuff. 

Incidentially, there was a one point an ’Insanely High Poly Count List’ going around, but I think it died out. It was extremely interesting, though. Would anybody feel like starting a new one here?

I think that's a great idea. Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2665 on: 2009 January 27, 22:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know there's one at the cave, MCP's High Poly List. Is that the one you meant?

And wow, 39404 polys? I have to admit I rarely check the poly count before downloading. It's just something I trust the creator to get right, but apparently I've been too trusting. I respect putting quality first, but quality and an acceptable poly count are not mutually exclusive, as many talented creators have demonstrated.

Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: 2009 January 27, 22:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't connect those 'maid' outfits to child labour - you do know some little girls love to stick on an apron and join in with mummy's cooking right? And with the right colour and textures to replace the modern colourful ones that could be used in an historial neighbourhood.

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
crunk
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: 2009 January 27, 23:07:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really visit the RSF often.They really worship FAs there and these days the place is awfully crowded *cough*mirraaj*cough*

RSF is terrible for promoting T$R and other paysites. While there are some good finds, a lot of it is either recolors of pay meshes or TSR people promoting themselves and their site. Also, on a lot of the wcifs posted there someone will always jump right on it and direct people to tsr, even if the item in question isn't there. All in all, there's a lot of asskissing.
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2668 on: 2009 January 27, 23:18:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cala, I actually opened those meshes up in MilkShape. It was like what you just said about her TSR set - vertices in places where no vertices needed to be. Only times 1000, of course. The mesh files alone were between 2 and 4 MB. Completely unreal. Like aeris said they were obviously premade meshes hastily simmified, but still ...  Roll Eyes

Devilfish, that's exactly the one I was thinking about. So glad to see it's still going. High poly counts is one of my Sims 2 pet peeves (ridiculously big texture maps being another). Should we let the good people at Sims Cave carry on the good work or would it be an idea to start our own with strictly paysites stuff?

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2669 on: 2009 January 27, 23:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should we let the good people at Sims Cave carry on the good work or would it be an idea to start our own with strictly paysites stuff?

I don't know. On the one hand it'd be a bit rude to step on their turf like that, since they're doing a very good job. But I'd love to have a list and stick it in the booty for all those overeager must-have-all-Peggy-stuff downloaders to see.  Cheesy I say we make our own.

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 408 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: