PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 22:26:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
0 Members and 16 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 408 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.  (Read 1626053 times)
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
« Reply #2100 on: 2008 December 09, 08:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That black table-thing...  Cheesy
gayle_afcb
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2101 on: 2008 December 09, 10:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh flood fill much on that table  Grin

It's official - I haz a crazy, paranoid, psychotic internet stalker... Waves to Atwat Tongue

Sims2Artists S2A forum
Kaitlyn
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: 2008 December 09, 11:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It almost looks like they took a screen shot of the floor, cut out a table shape and pasted it onto black paper.  And that thing is pay?    Huh
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: 2008 December 09, 12:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love how they put that table on a reflective floor. Perhaps to subtly hide the fact that it's pure fail? (look at the shiny floor! it's a distraction!)
The shape is uninspiring, and the texture, well... where for art thou texture?
I am beginning to think that if a picture has to be put in a room with reflective floor, it's a small indication that even the creator thinks it's shit  Cheesy

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2104 on: 2008 December 09, 13:13:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Floodfill is bad. Using absolute black is bad. But combining the two and charging for it enters the realm of raving lunacy. It's almost fascinating in its wrongness. I can't stop staring at it.

Cheshire
Landlubber

I be having a fork naow?

View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: 2008 December 09, 13:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're not way off. I can only speak for myself, but for me the eating disorder was a way of life. I've always felt inadequate, like I couldn't cope with anything and wasn't good at anything, like I couldn't live and didn't have any goal, and my life was thus... well, pretty much empty. Anorexia filled that void and gave me a clear objective and a set of rules to follow, to succeed at following. So... yeah, it's about filling the void, for some people. And personally, I believe in the vast majority of cases it's definitely not about 'beauty'.

(Ack, sorry for w/e bad English)

Way back when I was in college and anorexia was still a relatively new disorder (at that point it seemed restricted to only white, upper middle class, females, usually somewhere in age between 13-25) I had to read a lot of case studies on it, for a paper I was writing.  Over and over again, the girls who were suffering or in recovery spoke of the same thing; control.  They felt powerless in so many areas of life, but this was the one thing that they had control over completely.  That's why most of them freaked out completely when they were hospitalized and had feeding tubes.  Because that one area, the only area where they had that control, was taken away from them.  It didn't matter that they were going to die if they kept playing their games, that never factored into their thinking, all that they cared about was that someone was going to make them take food into their bodies, and they didn't want that.  

Back then, there were a lot of people who made fun of anorexia.  One of the girls in my class, who came from a poor background, single mother who had to work two jobs just so the family could eat, couldn't even deal with the idea of anorexia.  All she could do was see  rich, spoiled, white girls refusing to eat.   I had grown up just a shade below the background most of the victims had, and even I had trouble seeing how people could just refuse to eat, could make a game out of eating.  Most of the case studies were loaded with little rules these girls made up about how to eat.  "If I don't step on any cracks in the sidewalk, I can eat a spoonful of cottage cheese tomorrow," or, "If I ride my bike five miles in X amount of time, I can have a popsicle or a hoodsie cup.  But, if I go for the hoodsie cup, I have to throw it up later."  It was just...bizare.

Further looking into the case studies though, showed that a lot of these girls had lives more complicated than most folks not in their situation would understand.  Often they had presure on them to succeed and even do better at things that their parents were good at.  One study was the daughter of a ballet dancer who really hated dancing, but had been pretty much forced to take dancing lessons since the age of two, because her parents couldn't even fathom  their daughter not loving ballet as well.  A lot of them were involved in activities, not because they particularly liked them, but because their families, or the schools they attended thought they would be "good for them."  

I know that now, more people suffer from anorexia, that it isn't just a young upper middle to upper class white girl disese, so I don't know how much it's changed or how it's being defined now, but I would imagine, it still comes down to control in a lot of cases.  "You can make me do this, you can make me do that, you can force me to go here or there, but you cannot tell me what to eat and when I can eat it."  

Yes, a lot of the girls saw themselves as fat, there was a self image disorder too.  But, a lot of teenage girls, even back then, thought they were fat, even if they were wearing size 1 jeans.  But in the case of anorexia, the combination of the poor self image and the feeling of their own lives being out of their control seemed to be the combination to watch out for.

It just sucks that the world is so screwed up that people end up feeling that poorly about themselves, be it that they're too heavy, too thin, too ugly, too whatever.  It sucks that the world makes people feel inadequte.   I don't think it helps though, that  the media pushes a certain type of person at us, as an example of "true beauty," and she's almost always very skinny, blonde, with "bee stung" lips, huge knockers, and skinny little noses.  There are so many beautiful people out there, who don't match that stereotype, who seriously believe they are ugly or unattractive, or unimportant, because they don't have that Olsen Twin look to them.  It's sad. 

My mom and i would watch the lifetime stories about girls who had anorexia,after watching all of that I couldn't help but think "omg thats horrible how can anyone go without eating a burger or pasta or any food at all!?" I had a slight eating problem when i was younger due to medication, where i barely ate at all. I'm not saying i had anorexica because I wanted to eat but the pills made me too depressed to WANT to eat anything.I'm off them luckily but it still felt horrible because i'd end up eating only once a day because of it and it just felt terrible.

I hate how when girls feel confident about themselves finally they get called stuck up, or vain, just because they say "I'm beautiful the way i am" and the next minute some sized 2 blonde bitch is calling that sized 12 girl a conceeded fat ass. I really hate what the world has become, it really sickens me and I hate how alot of sims 2 CC maers are putting anorexics as models and calling them "sexy!" or sometimes i'd see, like that evi poster "big anorexics". It really sickens me =/.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: 2008 December 09, 13:44:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with you people is quite simple: this "feelings" horsecrap. It's ALWAYS about FEELINGS. Screw feelings! Feelings are for wussies! You fail because you spend your time worrying about FEELINGS, pure and simple. The F is for FAIL. If you spend your time blathering on about how something makes you FEEL, you have AUTOMATICALLY LOST. Worry not about this "self image" and "feelings" crap: Do what is logically correct without regard for your pathetic "feelings", which are nothing more than wiring fault anyway. Ignore them! Forget about self-images! This self-of-steam nonsense is nothing more than new-age namby-mamby bullshit. Anyone who jabbers on about that is clearly a stupid F, and you shouldn't pay any attention to their nonsense theories.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2107 on: 2008 December 09, 13:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with you people is quite simple: this "feelings" horsecrap. It's ALWAYS about FEELINGS. Screw feelings! Feelings are for wussies! You fail because you spend your time worrying about FEELINGS, pure and simple. The F is for FAIL.

We love you too, Pes.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2108 on: 2008 December 09, 14:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with you people is quite simple: this "feelings" horsecrap. It's ALWAYS about FEELINGS. Screw feelings! Feelings are for wussies! You fail because you spend your time worrying about FEELINGS, pure and simple. The F is for FAIL.

We love you too, Pes.

Ain't he so sweet? I wanna pinch his cheekies.  Cheesy

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Cheshire
Landlubber

I be having a fork naow?

View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: 2008 December 09, 15:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We love you too, Pes.

Ain't he so sweet? I wanna pinch his cheekies.  Cheesy

Sweet isn't the word i'm looking for but he's better then most people in sim forums who yell at me for showing some kind emotion.Thus why I lurk. -goes back to lurking in her corner.-
pinkyfriend
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: 2008 December 09, 15:36:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That table just makes me go  Huh
The clothes are just poorly done, tho I don't mind the colors.
Cheshire, I think you shoulda popped out of lurkdom about a month & 20-some pages ago...very random de-rail also got me  Huh (but then I haven't been awake very long & needz coffee)

"The internet is like a petri dish...you drop one stupid spore in and it just grows like crazy" - my son
Cheshire
Landlubber

I be having a fork naow?

View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: 2008 December 09, 15:54:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That table just makes me go  Huh
The clothes are just poorly done, tho I don't mind the colors.
Cheshire, I think you shoulda popped out of lurkdom about a month & 20-some pages ago...very random de-rail also got me  Huh (but then I haven't been awake very long & needz coffee)

Ahh yeah, I just signed up last night to comment on the ugly T$R stuff but got side tracked about the anorexic stuff =x that stuff just really urk's me. Sorry about the random emotion filled rant. Anyways.That table needs to be burned and so does it's creator,along with all the other shitty stuff on T$R.
pinkyfriend
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: 2008 December 09, 16:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, at least you are reading the threads  Cheesy

"The internet is like a petri dish...you drop one stupid spore in and it just grows like crazy" - my son
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2113 on: 2008 December 09, 17:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And hasn't started any new ones.  Wink
Did you read the FAQs?  Cheesy They're funny. And illustrated.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: 2008 December 09, 19:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone who jabbers on about that is clearly a stupid F, and you shouldn't pay any attention to their nonsense theories.

I'm an air sign, so my intellect is my most important attribute. My nonsense theory predates your nonsense theory by centuries.

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 408 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: