PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:05:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
0 Members and 12 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 408 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.  (Read 1608994 times)
Souvenirs
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
« Reply #1020 on: 2008 August 31, 18:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's some nice pay hair out there, but it seems like all of the major pay creators' hairs have some sort of issue (animation, textures, gaps, insane poly counts, etc).  The major free creators don't seem to have those issues (though Helga's hairs aren't animated).

I think the sheer amount of variety is what makes sites like Peggy, Rose, and Raon so popular.  If you've never seen hair apart from Maxis before, Peggy's site looks like a goldmine.  You may not even mind the animation etc. because you're so happy to get something different (at least that's how I was).  Peggy especially knows what she's doing.  It's not like she makes a sparkly, blinky-covered site with hair inspired by Jessica Simpson and Paris Hilton because she's trying to draw the over 40 crowd. Tongue

I personally use pay hair for pictures sometimes, but that's it.  It never looks as good in-game, unless I have a particularly ugly townie I want to watch being impaled by its own hair. Tongue

Back on topic, Peggy's latest free hair looks pretty ugly to me, but maybe it's just not my style.  Then again, I like Nouk's double pony tails (which are kind of similar), so maybe it's because it's Peggy. Wink
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: 2008 August 31, 19:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That hair looks like something Peggy did 3 years ago and just now remembered to put it on her site. Barf.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: 2008 August 31, 20:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's some nice pay hair out there, but it seems like all of the major pay creators' hairs have some sort of issue (animation, textures, gaps, insane poly counts, etc).  The major free creators don't seem to have those issues (though Helga's hairs aren't animated).

Just to correct you: Helga's hairs up to June or something this year aren't animated, the newest ones are! And the animation is smooth, hair doesn't cut into shoulders like Peggy's...

I think the sheer amount of variety is what makes sites like Peggy, Rose, and Raon so popular.  If you've never seen hair apart from Maxis before, Peggy's site looks like a goldmine.  You may not even mind the animation etc. because you're so happy to get something different (at least that's how I was).  Peggy especially knows what she's doing.  It's not like she makes a sparkly, blinky-covered site with hair inspired by Jessica Simpson and Paris Hilton because she's trying to draw the over 40 crowd. Tongue

That's what I always thought as well. Free creators aren't forced to stump out up to six hairstyles a month. But as I am a "hair junkie" I just cannot resist downloading paysite hairs. The result: Spending hundreds of hours trying to improve paysite crap Wink

Back on topic, Peggy's latest free hair looks pretty ugly to me, but maybe it's just not my style.  Then again, I like Nouk's double pony tails (which are kind of similar), so maybe it's because it's Peggy. Wink
http://www.peggyzone.com/html/images/Free_Show_Detail_Image1.jpg

Perhaps you should post that in the comparison thread as well along with Nouk's style...
Edit: Perhaps not since this is a free hair and nothing you'd need to pay for...

meowbark
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1023 on: 2008 August 31, 21:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally use pay hair for pictures sometimes, but that's it.  It never looks as good in-game, unless I have a particularly ugly townie I want to watch being impaled by its own hair. Tongue

I took a look and thought that was a earlier creation, look at the Texture of the bottom of the bangs and ponytails. Looks worse then when Rose started to make hair.

Compare that shit to this beautiful hair texture made by Agustin at MTS2

I'm 12 and what is this
Arghyle
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: 2008 September 01, 02:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We've seen these in the past, but I thought Openhouse was worth another look...  This first poor son of a bitch appears to have crapped himself, but at least you can pay for your sim to wander Pleasantville in soiled skivvies.  The others... just woah.  (But the middle one IS free if that counts for anything...)

jilly
ARR!

dumber than EVAR

View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: 2008 September 01, 02:25:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never really cared about hair and bodyshop stuff... I always looked for objects and build mode stuff  Tongue That's changing since I discovered Nouk.

Time for the ugliest dress (sim OR real life) you've ever seen  Wink

alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: 2008 September 01, 05:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Time for the ugliest dress (sim OR real life) you've ever seen  Wink

Pretty good, Jilly, but the meatslab dress by Carla Niven pwns Buntah's dresses anytime.

Yes, I know it's been posted several times, but it just so incredibly hideous it bears reposting.  Grin

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: 2008 September 01, 05:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No matter how many times I've seen it, it still blows my mind. Uhgulee!  Hec's pics of the dress in game are hilarious.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Grotesque Sharonicle
Landlubber

My Preciooooooouuusss

View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: 2008 September 01, 13:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I swear; Mrs. shitbag, uh I mean Niven, killed the meshing fairy the day she made that dress. And the internet when she uploaded it. What was she thinking?!

And Jilly, that IS hideous  Lips sealed ! It looks like I made it. Eww...

P.S. I'm glad my granny, who was devil itself  Cry , never wore something like that. Very glad.

Edited for grammar. If my teacher saw this she'd get an heart attack.

Anothar Newb!Oh naaaaaaaaaaay...

+++ Very ghost-alike due to school +++
Owl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: 2008 September 01, 16:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*hides from the meatslab dress* MY EYEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: 2008 September 01, 19:48:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That thing is worth a stomach rebellion every time it's shown.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
LadyDea
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: 2008 September 02, 02:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The walls behind the meatslab dress... are those mushrooms? If so, I'm thinking Niven had to be on shrooms when he created that monstrosity.

Come visit Sammytopia
monieeka
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: 2008 September 02, 02:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think anyone has posted this one yet ...

Isn't it pretty to think so?
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: 2008 September 02, 02:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those people who can't find the wall tool.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: 2008 September 02, 06:08:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kenmtl, I honestly don't know what you're bitchin' about. Wouldn't everyone love to have a toilet three feet away from their dining room 1st floor room table?
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 408 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: