PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 04:49:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5278 Members
Latest Member: tiredsleepies
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
0 Members and 9 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.  (Read 1595973 times)
gfox
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
« Reply #6105 on: 2010 April 16, 00:22:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HelloSomebody:

I don't think the table is bad. I just had an issue with the chairs.

And yea, I totally agree with that quote. There is something for everyone.

PirateKitty
Landlubber

Kiss My Booty!

View Profile
« Reply #6106 on: 2010 April 20, 17:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Such lovely uglies!

I think this was put together by someone who was both colorblind and fashion challenged. Or maybe Ugly Betty really IS the new "What to wear" these days? Either way, it puts the UGH...in ugly...

And another fugly...

And this one I'm not really sure if it belongs here. I actually *LOVE* the front of this dress. The back, however, does have some "WTF" issues. Did they get tired of designing? Did they run out of material? Just what exactly happened to this poor dress... that had such *promise* until they designer stopped...well... designing.

It's a sad thing...

Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6107 on: 2010 April 21, 08:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the risk of getting myself unpopular - again - can we please have a serious discussion about what goes into this thread - and the 'Smutty' one - and what doesn't. I honestly think they are both being turned into showcases for paysite content and that is NOT the intention of them or of this site in general.

The two top outfits that PirateKitty posted above are in my eyes not ugly at all. In fact I think the second one is rather pretty. If it wasn't pay and if I actually had Sims 3 I would be inclined to go and download it. I'm sure others would too, so good one for promoting paysite stuff, PirateKitty.  Roll Eyes

Custom content isn't ugly, because you personally don't like the style of it. I don't particularly like modern stuff and find quite a lot of it ugly, but I don't go around posting any of it in this thread. Custom content is ugly and should be exposed in this thread if it is poorly made, has obvious glitches or is just completely ridiculous. For those who don't understand the concept go and check out the Meat Slab Dress and all the Buntah stuff posted earlier in this thread.

The idea is that pretty much everybody (there are always a few idiots outthere) will look at it and think 'Holy crap, they're asking money for THAT! I wouldn't even put that in my game if it was free." So please stop posting pictures of stuff just because you personally find it ugly. It will only make people who DO like it think we're idiots here and then go and download it.

Likewise with the 'Smutty' thread. An outfit isn't smutty, just because you can see most of the Sim's skin, because it's underwear or a bikini. Smutty means that it also has sexual connotations, is suggestive, or that the Sim's private parts are exposed. Personally I don't have much of a problem with the odd nipple, but others do, so that should probably fall into the category too. The ordinary underwear outfits that were recently posted in the thread should not. Again go back and check some of the early entries, and remember that the 'Smutty' thread also revealed some very unsavoury types among the profiles at TSR.

Edited for typos

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
BigBallsDino
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #6108 on: 2010 April 21, 09:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The idea is that pretty much everybody (there are always a few idiots outthere) will look at it and think 'Holy crap, they're asking money for THAT! I wouldn't even put that in my game if it was free." So please stop posting pictures of stuff just because you personally find it ugly. It will only make people who DO like it think we're idiots here and then go and download it.

I am totally agree with this.  Kiss
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #6109 on: 2010 April 21, 14:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something really needs to be more than just tasteless to qualify here: It needs to also be BADLY MADE. There's plenty of room for tasteless, well-made stuff. Some sims just need to be fashion criminals. But BADLY MADE? That's truly heinous.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: