PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 02:08:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 408 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.  (Read 1619921 times)
MamaKitty
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
« Reply #5520 on: 2009 October 25, 00:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought they looked like avocado pits.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5521 on: 2009 October 25, 00:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's see.

TSR [Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah]
Are you sane?

None of this justifies stealing from TSR.  If you don't like TSR, don't go there.  I am sure they will not miss you -- after all, you have no intention of paying them anyway.

If you don't like their stuff, don't download it and use it.  Again, I don't think TSR really cares if you don't like something that you downloaded from a pirate site.  I think their answer would be, if you don't like it, don't put it in your game. D'oh!

As far as me, I have no connections with TSR.  Never have met or communicated with Thomas or any of his cronies, and I really don't care to.

However, I have owned several businesses of my own, and have learned that the bigger a pain in the ass someone is, the less likely it is they are paying you.  One reason for charging for things like content is that the mere act of asking for money chases away the majority of whiners.

Point in fact

1. While I support the overall mission of PMBD- I only support the use of the Booty in cases where the site is defunct and the creator has disappeared. I don't condone file sharing on my site unless it is part of the specific creators TOU that their content can be shared- or if the site is dead and the creator has disappeared. I don't give two shits whether the content is from a paysite or freesite- unlike TSR I support and respect theCreators TOU's - the binding agreement between a creator and their fans/customers - unlike TSR who assumes this is just words on paper and allows their creators to utilize and or steal the work of other creators - pay and free in violation of the creators TOU's- without even crediting them. I respect this because I am a creator and don't want to see my own wishes violated on this front. I don't post creators stuff where they don't want it posted and if I do a recolor I credit the person who did it originally- whether the creator is pay or free

2. I don't download even the free shit from TSR = they have proven themselves to be an unethical corporation (not a Sims Community they have an Inc at the end of their name and they get paid for content- this = business. In fact , I don't download pay content or free content from any paysites- or any filesharing sites. I hate the shit because for the most part with the exception of maybe 3 creators the crap isn't worth bothering with and I can find better custom content on free Sims CC sites. Why waste my time on paysites that have all sorts of problems with viruses embedded in their pkg files and their advertising.

3. The Sims Community is the only community pay content not sold by the original company is tolerated at all- neither the community nor the gaming software companies tolerate it, and if EA will not enforce their own best interests by not allowing others to profit over what they worked to create- when they are the only ones who legally (copyright which is a legally binding contract) have the right to sell it , than it is the job of the community to do it- just like if you  and several other customers buy a faulty product - and the company refuses to reimburse you - it is up to you and other customers to report them to the Better Business Bureau. After all just as reporting a faulty item that could make someone sick or kill them is a customers responsibility because it is in their best interested to do so- fighting to close down paysites because they violate EA's EULA and are leeches sucking on the lifeblood of the community is in the best interests of the Sims Community. Most (not all after all Sandy at ATS and Schtinky at Holy Simoly fix broken content) pay creators do not fix broken content that causes peoples games to be hit by a BFBVS, and they deliberately target free community members who are not even associated with any of Pescado's websites - this is not in the best interest of the Sims Community.

4. MATY is MATY= PMBD does not support the sharing of EA's Store content- most of us don't like the Store, we don't buy from the Store, but EA has the right to sell their own fugly crap.

5. I would believe that you are a lawyer- because you have the foolish black and white view of the world that is typical of your breed. Not everything in the world is b&w most things are a rather shitty shad of grey, and typical of being a lawyer you automatically assume that your interpretation of the law is correct. I know plenty of lawyers who specialize in both copyright and contract law who would argue the legality of a companies EULA or a creators TOU with you. I have had  one of said friends state to me that if these paysites like TSR did not have something going on under the table with EA be it friendship with the execs or money passing hands that paysites would not exist in this community- all one has to do is look at Microsoft where even a minimal violation of the software EULA results in Bill Gates coming after your ass guns ablazing with fire in his eyes.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 25, 01:39:38 by dstar » Logged

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Treasonous Republic
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: 2009 October 25, 01:13:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice, a triple post then a quadruple post. I'm assuming that's being left alone for fear of getting sucked into this murky abyss of legality/depravity, which I can't really blame anyone for not wanting to touch with a ten foot pole.

Inadvertent down's syndrome FTL.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #5523 on: 2009 October 25, 01:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, another one for the free pawns pay thread!  SnowWhiteCharming made a sim model with Down's Syndrome at MTS, purposefully, respectfully, and much better.

Maybe the creator was going for the "I just got out of bed and am having trouble focusing so I squint" look?  Or they tried for the Asian almond eye shape and missed by a mile?  *Not* saying Asians look squinty or like they have Down's Syndrome.  Just saying I have no idea what this creator is going for, and whatever it is, didn't turn out well.

edit: wording

dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5524 on: 2009 October 25, 01:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly the I am phail at the use of Rick and Delpy's Facial Slider Hack Look

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
redraw
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5525 on: 2009 October 25, 01:51:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most likely true Dstar.  And definately cross post it Cat.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 25, 11:00:28 by redraw » Logged

Nuke paysites from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5526 on: 2009 October 25, 01:57:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for that link, Cat. Since I don't have TS3..I don't look at or for content for it. That Sim- and the reason she was created- is awesome and the comments show how touched people are.
qwebnm
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5527 on: 2009 October 25, 10:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn that sim look like an ugly Pee-Wee piece of shit. I would never download that kinda shit, even if I get paid for it.
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5528 on: 2009 October 25, 10:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden, forgive – of course. I won’t pretend it’s been fun to be the target of your vitriol, but let’s move on to better and more constructive things.

Although not before I’ve said this: I admire you for having the courage to tell your story here. I can imagine how much it must hurt every time it comes up. I’m really glad you’ve managed to find happiness in your new life. It’s a son you have, isn’t it? (See, I do remember some things about people’s private lives).

My most heartfelt sympathy to your daughter. Not just for her past ordeal, but also for loosing her baby. Whenever I hear about things like that I think of my own latent fears during my pregnancy and how devastated I would have been if they had come true. I sincerely hope she will soon be allowed to experience the full pleasures of pregnancy and motherhood, and I'm sure you'll make a fabulous grandmother. Best of luck to her from me.

-----

On a different note:

I couldn’t say if tjstreak is a lawyer and I’m not sure I understand the argument as to why the EULA isn’t a binding contract. I’m not a lawyer, but I think the EULA is a binding contract.

However, I think it will be overruled by national and international legislation on copyright and intellectual property.

So if EA suddenly decided to uphold the EULA, the pay creators could claim copyright to their creations. And any judge would be obliged to rule in their favour because legislation ranks much higher than contracts in the legal hierarchy.

And tjstreak does have a point about EA never upholding the EULA up until now. That is actually a very strong point in the paysites’ favour. It creates precedence and the message to EA from the judge would be ‘you’ve done like this for years, you can not change that’. Meaning in reality EA has long since forfeited their right to enforce their own EULA.

I honestly think the paper that the EULA is written on is good for nothing but wiping your ass.

ETA: If it were written on a piece of paper, of course. I wouldn't try to do that with your computer screen.  Cheesy

« Last Edit: 2009 October 25, 10:55:21 by Moune » Logged

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
redraw
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5529 on: 2009 October 25, 11:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not only it's flood filled, but why is there a chain link fence for the doors?  How does the food stay cold even in winter after Pescado's temperature fix?

kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5530 on: 2009 October 25, 16:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That fridge would be even better in wicker.

Well why would you not want to walk around looking like a BIG FUCKING TASSEL!

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5531 on: 2009 October 25, 21:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How, oh how do people find this hair cute?

Lady Gaga hair, by shouty girl again (I thought she said she was done creating).

I'd rather use the original, and I don't actually like the original that much.

What is with trying to cut off poor sims arms?

The Cara Pixie Body dress, and it is for every single clothing category. You could wake up in this, change to everyday to wear this, go for a swim and jog, and then go to a formal party all in this outfit.  Roll Eyes

The outfit is just so blurry.  Tongue

This is just way to scary, and its for Teens to *shudders* Elders.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
redraw
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: 2009 October 25, 21:24:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd hate to try to get a comb or brush through the "Curly" hair.

That would be known as the Stud when it came out way back when the first mullet appeared.

The Cala and final dress would also look right at home on the MSTY thread as well

*heads to the nearest hardware store to find some duck tape for little miss loud*

Treasonous Republic
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5533 on: 2009 October 26, 08:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That "Stud" hair made me laugh out loud, as opposed to most of these creations which somehow make me angry. I guess the latter reaction is my jealousy of not getting paid for taking a two polygon shit.
Austere
Sexist Creep
ARR!

No one is ugly except those who call people ugly.

View Profile
« Reply #5534 on: 2009 October 26, 13:46:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somehow when the Curly Hair was loading, it started from the bottom up and I saw the front of it and was like, "aww, cute little girl" and then I saw the back of it. OUCH.

Remember those spray-on shoes from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs? These look like it. In pants form.

That's not funny, you nimrods. Now get that crap out of my member title.
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 408 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: