PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 05:58:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 408 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.  (Read 1624484 times)
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
« Reply #3015 on: 2009 February 15, 23:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I gotta agree with Paden on this one. The goslings got all their panties in a bunch over an innocuous post by Nouk. I wouldn't have brought it up here, but Steerpike's snide bitchiness towards Nouk is rude.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3016 on: 2009 February 15, 23:53:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah, SCREW YOU CALALILY! You have my email adress baby, let's hook up!

NEVER! 

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: 2009 February 16, 00:05:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WHAT! That's not what you said last week. Was it because I forgot valentine's?

Inactive
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3018 on: 2009 February 16, 00:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WHAT! That's not what you said last week. Was it because I forgot valentine's?

You like it dirty girl. What can I say - I love 'em and leave 'em. Plus I always break up around Valentine's to save da monies.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: 2009 February 16, 01:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe JK will sue their ass for copyright infringement. This is what you call REAL intellectual property theft TSR. Shocked

If someone lets WB know that the likeness of Voldemort and other characters that are under their copyright are being made and sold, then I really think they would sue TSR. Look at what they went through when that guy wanted to publish an encyclopedia about Harry Potter based on what is on his site. I would love to see the defense TSR gives. And that could also open up more companies to suing TSR over copyright infringement

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3020 on: 2009 February 16, 12:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean those a*holes who are sueing children for having Harry Potter websites? They're certainly not above it all. Yeah, contact their legal department. I'd lol so feaking hard.

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3021 on: 2009 February 16, 12:37:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean those a*holes who are sueing children for having Harry Potter websites?

What?!  Linky, please.

What I think rum was referring to was the site that wants to publish the Harry Potter encyclopedia/lexicon.  Rowlings has a HP encyclopedia in the works and is trying to stop the website from making money in publishing theirs. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3022 on: 2009 February 16, 13:10:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean those a*holes who are sueing children for having Harry Potter websites?

What?!  Linky, please.

This is not where I first read about it, and it's sort of old news, but this is pretty much the gist of it:
http://www.wsws.org/articles/2001/feb2001/pott-f28.shtml
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2000/02/09/warner_threatens_harry_potter_fan/

Point being, if someone's willing to threaten a teen over a non-commercial fansite, why not go after real malicious copyright infringement for profit as well?

Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: 2009 February 16, 14:19:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What?!  Linky, please.

What I think rum was referring to was the site that wants to publish the Harry Potter encyclopedia/lexicon.  Rowlings has a HP encyclopedia in the works and is trying to stop the website from making money in publishing theirs. 

JK Rowlings won the suit against the guy so hers will be the official encyclopedia. She didn't mind it as a fan site, but when he wanted to publish it under his own name saying he had written most of it (when it was mainly quotes from the books), so she sued him. I don't think he has the website any more either.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
LadyDea
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: 2009 February 16, 15:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean this lexicon? It's the only one I'm familiar with and I faintly recall that there were past issues in regards to rights and possibly being closed down.

Come visit Sammytopia
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: 2009 February 16, 15:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think someone should send WB a link to the site. I'm sure they'd jump on TSR faster than a fat kid on cake! Especially since they lurve monies even moar than thoma$$. And we all know who would win in this instance... Shocked  Cheesy

« Last Edit: 2009 February 16, 16:31:22 by siberiansunset » Logged

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: 2009 February 16, 15:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skoria_Bay he does still have the site, and LadyDea, that is the one. His publisher kept telling him that it would be fine because he wrote the stuff. The publisher felt that even though it used quotes from the book, they could still publish it and give credit to Rowlings.

siberiansunset, yeah we know who would win that. But I would love to hear the argument TSR puts up. What on earth could they possibly say that would make what they are doing legal?

I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: 2009 February 16, 16:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes rum_nate I would love to hear the sketchy argument they would use! "umm, umm we made the mesh!?"(hey, did we??) or "hey other people made HP characters!"

-If you look at their page they totally ripped off peps creations. First off, they have a direct dl link to voldemort's clothes from MTS2. I dled it last night, clicked on it thinking it would go to MTS2 to dl and it actually automatically dled!(guildmasters wiz prince outfit) Udontknow,you SHOULD know better than that.  Angry

And then Snape's clothes is taken from LadyRaven's snape outfit! *sigh*  It's ok to use other's work but umm don't you think you should change it up?! Undecided

Only thing I can say right now..is at least it's not pay. (Yet.)

What kind of excuses they would come up with indeed...

« Last Edit: 2009 February 16, 16:45:26 by siberiansunset » Logged

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3028 on: 2009 February 16, 16:48:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone draft a standard complaint letter to send to these companies. I'd do it but I'm afraid my English isn't good enough for that kind of thing. I'm serious though. We could sed it to WB, Sony, dozens of designer labels, Microsoft, Coca Cola... pretty much every big brand in the free West and beyond. I'm 99% sure that won't do a damn thing, but it's worth a shot, no?

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: 2009 February 16, 16:50:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what would be great, If the judge ordered TSR to produce documents on income and taxes. Then we would find out if they pay their taxes, if the income from their site is applicable to Sweden tax law.

Devilfish, it all depends on how the company takes copyright infringement. WB would jump on it, Coca Cola, I'm not sure if they would. The main problem would be in the state of the world economy, that would hold most companies back.

Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 408 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: