PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 02:06:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 873595 times)
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #30 on: 2008 July 05, 02:38:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But it is! That's not handpainted  Tongue *coughfilterforge30daytrialcough*

Tempest: Or Sonny & Cher? One can only guess how many frustrated simmers there are out there this very minute, desperately trying to get their Sonny-sims just right  Roll Eyes  Tongue

Tempest Limmerfer
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2008 July 05, 03:21:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep...at least once a week I scream, "Damn! why can't I get my Sonny Sims to look real?"

I like the textures.

www.limmerfer.com
proudly hosting designs by : Nii

EA Games: Welcome to Pixel Hell, Bitches! (Snarky)
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 July 05, 03:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love it Berg! But just one suggestion? Can you make it a little more messy? My Hippy sims are slobby Tongue
Unless that is hard to do??

Not that I get to play  Cry Puter still broken ..oh woes me.. carry on

Kiss

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2008 July 05, 03:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deelink: I sure could try  Smiley Wether I suceed or not... It's a good idea, though: One neat set and one messy. Kinda "Before" and "After"  Tongue

mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 July 05, 04:09:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love this haircut, Berg; it's going to go on every male in my current neighbourhood, lol (almost makes me wish I was running some kind of Prince Valiant themed thing Cheesy).

I really like the job you've done on the blond texture, it's not flat, with a nice hint of shine and a good mix of strands of other colours to make it actually look like hair (plus excellent job on keeping the strands so that they actually look like strands of hair on all colours!). For some reason, the other colours look a little flat to me (they are very nicely done however, I would be satisfied with them as is!), although I will admit that I'm not sure why. Maybe the shininess needs to be upped a little (and I mean a very little, please no Raon-ness  Grin), or perhaps a few more contrasting shades of the colours to add depth?
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2008 July 05, 04:32:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for helpful feedback, Mando  Smiley And you are a very good observer  Wink - all colours are based on the blonde and they did indeed suffer a little from the treatment I gave them. I see what you mean and I shall try to improve them, esp. the highlights (which always are APITA... Stupid dodge tool *muttres*).

Opinions PLZ: Which Photoshop tools are best to use when fiddling with colour adjustments? I try not to touch "hue/saturation" because I find that it can completely ruin a texture, but "Colour Blanace" makes everything so.. bland.

mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 July 05, 05:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the fine compliment! Grin
I don't make much (if anything) for the Sims, but I do have quite a bit of experience with photoshop, colour theory and texture painting, so I like to try and help when I can, lol. I'm glad you find it somewhat helpful!. I hate the dodge tool, too, and only try to use it sparingly. Have you tried instead to hand paint your highlights in with a light colour on a low opacity on a separate layer? It's a good way to make highlights, and (unlike the dodge tool) won't cause you to have to start over from scratch if you go too far. Smiley

I generally tend to use "hue/saturation", "colour balance", "levels", and "contrast/brightness" (I love the highly improved version of it in CS3), however I'm also a big fan of layers and generally will build up my colours and textures layer by layer at different opacities (e.g. I will copy a layer of my texture, use adjustment(s) and then lower the opacity down and/or move the layer around in my stacks of layers and folders). I am ashamed to admit that the psds of my textures generally contain hundreds of layers Cheesy; however, I'm very careful to keep each one named properly and grouped into folders when I'm done (in my early days I didn't do that, and when I would go back to work on things later it would take me at least a couple of hours to figure out what each layer was, heh. Organization was a very painful lesson to learn! Grin).

I'll also always go in later and hand paint in details and blocks, stripes and dashes of colour to add highlight, shadow, texture and depth (as usual, at different opacities and on separate layers). It can be time consuming, but makes a big difference in the end product.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 July 05, 07:44:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The blonde version of that hair reminds me of how Justin Hayward of the Moody Blues wore his hair back in the sixties, I'd like to have that when/if you put it up for download, CaptainBerg!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2008 July 05, 15:16:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried instead to hand paint your highlights in with a light colour on a low opacity on a separate layer? It's a good way to make highlights, and (unlike the dodge tool) won't cause you to have to start over from scratch if you go too far. Smiley
D'uh! That's how I always do it when I make clothing! Why I didn't think of applying it to hairs is a question I will think long about before answering. No: I'm just stupid sometimes  Tongue

Layers
Oh lawd, my files always become a complete mess  Cheesy I know I could and should create groups but I always think: "Ah, I'm soon finished anyway so why bother now?" and after a while 20 new layers have appeared (not named properly, of course) and I have to scroll the layer palette up and down like a maniac to find "Duplicate 32" or whatever until I get angry and merge a bunch of layers I think I'm finished with, only to realize that one of them was very important and useful (but only when it's to late)...

Shall I go on? My chaos. Let me show u it.

Thanks for the fine compliment! Grin
You're most welcome! I've seen your awesome art for the FAQ, you know, so I value your tips greatly. Thanks!

Quote from: Paden
The blonde version of that hair reminds me of how Justin Hayward of the Moody Blues wore his hair back in the sixties, I'd like to have that when/if you put it up for download, CaptainBerg!
Moody Blues! A-MAZE-ing band! Just because you have so good taste, it's soon coming to a intarwebs near you, just for you Wink

ETA: Hooray! I just realised that I succesfully have re-created this Rose hair, but for males! Yay! I phail!

(But not as much as Rose... Alphail.)
« Last Edit: 2008 July 05, 20:14:04 by Captain Berg » Logged

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 July 05, 20:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This hair was originally going to be a tribute to the Ramones

The Ramones are so very cool! I read that and was like "tribute???This is the best!"
But now you are frustrated.
Hmmm. I could see some very hip clothing, some blue-tinted shades and the blond hair on a very cool Sims.

OR

Maybe some "tribute to the Ramones clothing" and the dark hair on Tommy or Dee Dee? Too short for Joey ya know.

Ehm wtf? I'm stealing yours instead, they're better.

And uh... you realize Rose's hair is not as nice as yours, right?
« Last Edit: 2008 July 05, 20:49:23 by Anouk » Logged

Inactive
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2008 July 06, 15:51:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, thanks dear Nouk  Wink

As I mentioned, the base for those textures were made with a program called Filter Forge. I can no longer use the 30-day trial version of it but I saved one fairly hi-res .jpg with a blonde-ish hair texture which might be useful to you hairmakers. If someone's interested, I can upload it later (not at my own computer right now).

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 July 06, 22:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sticks nose up to hairtexture and steals Berg instead*  Grin

Inactive
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2008 July 06, 23:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*slaps Berg* I like your textures and the mesh. Tongue I know I'm a tad late but hey.

Made two new walls. The second looks like my spatter set but different somehow. I like it better. It might look the exact same I'm just really blind. If it does, someone tell me please and thanks. Cheesy The first one...well I just got kind of bored and started pushing buttons!

keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 July 07, 03:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very pretty, Nii. I likes them.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Pooki
ARR!

Still Alive!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 July 07, 04:21:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like them Nii, they are gorgeous.  I also have a sort of question/request. Will you be making walls to match your Pebbles floor set or have you already made some and I am just blind?
 *gives Nii puppy dog eyes* Smiley

Snarky's mine despite obvious complications.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: