PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:02:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 870189 times)
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #2880 on: 2010 April 24, 14:00:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sweet will definitely download those Fway.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: 2010 April 24, 16:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coolness, fway.  Where can I get these wonderful mods?

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
fway
ARR!

ESTP

View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: 2010 April 25, 00:41:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coolness, fway.  Where can I get these wonderful mods?

They're going to be up @ MTS soon. They're in the queue. It was reccomended that I change the mapping for the high chair so that it has some SORT of texture on it. I did realize after the fact that it looked floodfill-ish. So here's how it looks.

mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: 2010 April 25, 05:26:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The highchair looks much better now, fway.

Something purely decorative, but fun:

Wringer Washer in Bright, Shiny Colors

Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2884 on: 2010 April 25, 06:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mustluvcatz, what a fun idea. I like all the colours.

Fway, very cool! It opens up a whole new world of design possibilities for babies and toddlers.

Have you tried modifying the routing slots? It's a really nice set, but if you find yourself playing with the routing slots you could make your sim sit in the right place.

I need a little more help on how to do that. I can do container slots, but have never touched a routing slot and a desk has 10 of them. I have no idea which one of them to touch.

Also, I thought the sim's placement in relation to the desk would be determined by the chair. They will sit down wherever the chair is placed - even if it's diagonal or outside the grid. And I must say I don't understand how modifying anything in the desk will allow chairs to be placed outside the grid.  Huh

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
fway
ARR!

ESTP

View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: 2010 April 25, 17:13:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mustluvcatz, what a fun idea. I like all the colours.

Fway, very cool! It opens up a whole new world of design possibilities for babies and toddlers.

Have you tried modifying the routing slots? It's a really nice set, but if you find yourself playing with the routing slots you could make your sim sit in the right place.

I need a little more help on how to do that. I can do container slots, but have never touched a routing slot and a desk has 10 of them. I have no idea which one of them to touch.

Also, I thought the sim's placement in relation to the desk would be determined by the chair. They will sit down wherever the chair is placed - even if it's diagonal or outside the grid. And I must say I don't understand how modifying anything in the desk will allow chairs to be placed outside the grid.  Huh

How many tiles are the desk? Two? Three? If it's two I'm assuming you would want to move the routing slot x to 0 you'll just have to make sure the container slots match the routing slots so if you have the container slot where the computer goes for x set to say 0 you would want to try each routing slot one by one to see which one is which. Trial and error. 

Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2886 on: 2010 April 26, 08:00:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, but I don't think it's quite that simple. Of the ten routing slots, one is for the homework and another one I can't identify. It's in both the SLOT and STR files, but I can't see which one it is in the Resource Node. The eight remaining routing slots are all connected - as in they are the 'se', 'e', 'ne', 'n', 'nw' etc. I don't believe editing only one of them is a good idea, since the values obviously have to match up somehow.

Which brings me back to another thing. I just don't see how anything in the desk can change where the sims sit. That must be determined by the chair, they're sitting on.  No? Huh

Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: 2010 April 26, 12:04:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mind you, when I was saying homework being attracted by desks never evar worked for me I was talking about EA desks too, not just CC that could be cloned from tables. So once again who cares for that routing homework thingie. Plus even if that thing worked, there's no freaking way to assign that particular desk to be either the teen's bedroom, or the study or the small sis' bedroom desk etc you get the pic. Let's suppose it works in our game (then you're a lucky simmer already lol) your teen for example will drop it off on the closer desk he'll find. Even if it's in his sis bedroom or his parents' one... Totally useless feature. So cloning a table is best than having a half working cloned desk. Either way, good luck for repairing the routing slots Tongue

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: 2010 April 26, 13:35:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is a hack that allows you to assign where homework goes when a child comes home.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=312004

I use it and it works really well when you have two children. Just assign one to a desk and the other one will use whatever desk is available.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: 2010 April 26, 14:18:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which brings me back to another thing. I just don't see how anything in the desk can change where the sims sit. That must be determined by the chair, they're sitting on.  No? Huh

I would assume the chair is affected because it snaps to the desk and not the other way around. Like if the chair is in the corner of a room, then the chair affects it, but the desk has to decide where the chair will snap in at, thus affecting the position the sims sit at.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2890 on: 2010 April 26, 14:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would assume the chair is affected because it snaps to the desk and not the other way around. Like if the chair is in the corner of a room, then the chair affects it, but the desk has to decide where the chair will snap in at, thus affecting the position the sims sit at.

I actually think it's the other way around. That chairs have a built-in function that makes them snap to tables and desks. Stools for instance has a so-called 'joint' that does the snapping. If you forget to attach your mesh to the joint, the stool won't move.

As for the homework thing, I gotta say that I've never had that many problems with it. Except when desks aren't real desks, but cloned from tables, and that's when homework end up right inside the front door. Different effects on different games, I guess.

fway
ARR!

ESTP

View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: 2010 April 26, 19:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually think it's the other way around. That chairs have a built-in function that makes them snap to tables and desks. Stools for instance has a so-called 'joint' that does the snapping. If you forget to attach your mesh to the joint, the stool won't move.

Interesting, so the desks have no joints at all? I have to take a look at the desks, stools, and chairs and compare all the "jointings" and such.

My cribs are live!

Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2892 on: 2010 April 26, 19:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting, so the desks have no joints at all? I have to take a look at the desks, stools, and chairs and compare all the "jointings" and such.

No, desks have no joints at all. Neither do ordinary tables. Or chairs for that matter. Stools do, though. I have no idea why there's a difference between chairs and stools, but I still believe it's the chairs that control the snapping not the desks or tables. And that the snapping doesn't work when the chair is outside the grid.

Edit:
Well, the set is up now. Go and pick which desk you want.  Wink

And another thing:
I've begun working on the Awesims Nook set from the 'Free content pwns paystuff', but since this isn't really my usual style, it would be nice with some input. I could especially do with some suggestions to the textures. And if somebody has a nice big swatch of fabric for the cushion I'd love to have that.

Here are a first few previews:

« Last Edit: 2010 April 28, 18:10:41 by Moune » Logged

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: 2010 April 28, 22:45:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moune, what size would you want and what format? I have one heck of an extensive collection of fabric textures so if you tell me what kind of swatches you're looking for, I may just be able to help a bit. Solids? Prints? Florals? Abstracts? Jpg? Png?

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2894 on: 2010 April 28, 23:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moune, I too have a ton of textures in various styles. If you would like i can point you to my shared folder & you can download to your hearts content Smiley

Below is a set of "Martha Stewart Living Paint" wallpapers i made for TS2 if anyone would like them. They come with or without the crown molding.

You can get them on GSC...

http://www.gaysimsclub2.net/forums/index.php?showforum=236

Top Row from left to right:
Aegean Blue
Araucana Teal
Ballet Slipper Pink
Bay Leaf

Middle Row from left to right:
Cornbread
Crevecoeur
Francesca
Heath