PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:21:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 869711 times)
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #2835 on: 2010 February 01, 22:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A question about what you all prefer:

I'm making a bedroom out of the Melaka Living set I was shamelessly bragging about above. And I've run into a same-old same-old problem with the beds. There can only be two recolorable subsets and one of them has to be the bedding - at least if you want to be able to use all your custom beddings on it. But apart from the bedding I have another *two* different parts that I would like to be separately recolorable, and I'd like to hear suggestions about to how to solve this.

A picture of the first version of the double bed to make it easier to explain. The different parts are the bedding, the bedframe and the canopies.

There are three options:

A) Make the bedframe and the bedding in one file - both recolorable. Then make the canopies as another file that you'd have to put on separately in your game.

B) Make the bedframe and the canopies in one file - both recolorable. Then make the bedding as another file that you'd have to put on separately in your game.

C) Make only one file where the bedding and the canopies are joined in a subset (the bedframe would be the other subset). This would mean that you can’t use all your custom beddings for this bed, but only the ones I make for it.

I’d appreciate knowing which option would you’d all prefer. Thanks in advance for any input.  Smiley

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2836 on: 2010 February 01, 22:22:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I would do is make the canopy separately but repository the hangings subset repository to the bed so that bedding recolors would show up on the canopy if that is possible.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2837 on: 2010 February 01, 22:41:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm. I need to see if that is possible. Standard custom bedding has to fit a specific template, and I'm not sure the canopy patterns would fit into it. But it's a really good suggestion and I'll try and see if it can work.

In the meantime, any other preferences?

Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2838 on: 2010 February 02, 03:48:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Frame and bedding as normal Maxis beds are.   Make the canopy separate with those lovely textures.  Or!!!  And !?!?  Slave the canopy to Jonesi's bed blanket. 

Maxis bedding doesn't always look right.  You might be able to slave it to the single portion of the bedding and have it mirrored in each "strip".  But it won't line up nicely with all of them.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
eefje
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: 2010 February 02, 12:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd also prefer the canopy as a seperate object, but not slaved to maxis bedding. Just simply recolourable.
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2840 on: 2010 February 02, 15:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, cool. Bedframe and bedding will make up the bed. Canopy will be separate.

HugeLunatic, I think you're right that slaving it to the bedding won't look good. Or at least the canopy might look okay, but the resulting bedding would look weird. Jonesi's bedblanket is a good idea, but after taking a quick look at the texture map, I don't think it would work either. The blanket is mapped in a square whereas the canopy is an oblong, and I'm not sure I can stretch it that much without loosing detail. Will try, though.

Which also raises another question. Should I make a new 'Master' for the bedroom set, or should I just slave everything to the existing living set?
(ETA: That problem has just solved itself. None of the texture maps from the first set fit the need of the bedroom, so I have to make a new master).

Many thanks for your input. I definitely appreciate it.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 03, 08:28:33 by Moune » Logged

TapThatBooty
ARR!

yey me, im in the 20's club!!

View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: 2010 February 03, 20:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a problem- I am pretty sure that Snarky's stuff is okay to use in lots as long as they are not going on a paysite (esp TSR) or the Exchange. He has been around a bit lately, you might try pm'ing him about it since he has not uploaded his creator profile at Sailfinsims yet.
Feel free to use what you want in your lots, TapThatBooty.

I tried to pm you yesterday to tell you as much, but your inbox is full. Glad to know you're getting some use from that set. Incidentally, taking the blanket off that Maxis sofa was one of the prime motivators for me learning how to use Blender.

(thanks, dstar)

Thank you both of you.

Snarky, I have to say that I love all your stuff. You were actually one of the first creators I set out to get all the replacements for after my computer died. Everything you have made has been really gorgeous and fits in with all the Maxis stuff (not everyone likes Maxis' style, but I loved it). Anyhoo, before I write you a big massive essay on how awesome you and your stuff is, I'll stop  Smiley.

I'm going to download the age converted hairs and fire up the game for a session of building.

EDIT: Forgot more Baaaaa-ness.

Moune, your latest set is lovely and I would have to say that it is my favourite set you have done yet, the style and the colors are really nice. Excellent job.
PirateKitty
Landlubber

Kiss My Booty!

View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: 2010 February 14, 16:11:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm new at this whole creation thing, but I'm trying to learn. Figured I'd start out with something easy...well... comparatively easy Smiley  I simmed this Zodiac Collection based on the gorgeous works of Stephanie Pui-Mun Law.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=388152

While I'm on the subject of wall art for sims... and we are all on the subject of paysites (being as that is why we are here raising such a stink)... this set was inspired by something that really pisses me off. I wanted to make an example that shows how artwork is SUPPOSED to be credited.

Most of the art I've seen on pay sites have been blatantly stolen from the artist... and I'm not talking "the Masters" or public domain artwork... I'm talking about stolen from artists who are out there trying desperately not to starve!

Sure, occasionally, one may credit the artist, but I'm willing to wager none have actually bothered to contact the artist and ask permission to make a profit off THEIR hard work. I'm thinking... artists would kind of frown on the idea and I hate that these slackers take the hours and hours of REAL creativity... slap it in an in-game frame... and have the balls to charge people for it with NOTHING kicking back to the artist who actually created it. TSR loves to send their little cease and desist letters so much... I would LOVE DEARLY if their  little group of plageristic talent thieves their own letters from angry artists. Quid friggin pro friggin quo... right?

Stephanie is a friend of mine. She works really hard on her paintings and it's her livelihood. I *did* get permission to use her work and she is excited to have her collection featured on MTS. I'm not making anything off them... she might get a little web traffice... so it's win-win for her. I don't really claim any real creativity here. I just made sure they were proportional, the colors translated well, and her links and name was all over the descriptions... y'know... did the grunt work.

So anyway... feel free to check the wall hanging collection out and point and laugh...whatever. Just be gentle. It's my first time... and it's friggin' FREE... so...   Kiss ma booty!  Grin
Scylla
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: 2010 February 16, 15:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they look very lovely, PirateKitty! She does great work. I'm looking forward to that calendar. (omnomnom)

I would totally download this but don't have TS3. Will you be making them for TS2?
LadyFrontbum
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2844 on: 2010 February 17, 00:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are stunning. Your friend is very talented! Smiley
rapture
ARR!

batman geek

View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: 2010 February 17, 16:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The paintings look great. Your friend is very talented. I definitely agree with you too.

And I would have downloaded, but I also don't have TS3.  Tongue

(On a completely off-topic note, this is my 50th post.  Grin )

Sims LJ

But how did one make a horse go?
"...Giddyap?"
PirateKitty
Landlubber

Kiss My Booty!

View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: 2010 February 18, 16:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they look very lovely, PirateKitty! She does great work. I'm looking forward to that calendar. (omnomnom)

I would totally download this but don't have TS3. Will you be making them for TS2?

Was aiming for the quote button and accidentally hit the thanks button... LOL... loved the look I got from my other coworkers at the bleat that ensued! Note: Those buttons are way too close together for old kitties! Cheesy

Anyway, no, I probably won't be able to make them for TS2 due to the fact I no longer have the computer that housed it. I'm now running TS3 on a Mac Bootcamp partition and just don't have room for both :/  

I'd be more than happy to supply the jpgs to anyone who wishes to create them for TS2, though, providing they are just as careful with credits.

Edited to add...

I see there is now a "Zodiac Collection" on TSR using Boris Vallejo's work - no links or thank you or anything. Took my idea... took Boris' work. Is there nothing they won't plagiarize? (I would eyeroll but I know the answer to that...)
« Last Edit: 2010 March 10, 02:16:33 by PirateKitty » Logged
JWong
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: 2010 February 27, 01:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These are some recolors I did as a gift for my friend mimisouris. Hope you like them they are of Anna's Dora Bedroom The bed,bedding,side tables and mirror. I also did a recolor of billiejean's small decorative room divider.

If you guys are interested in these recolors you can grab the shinies here http://www.mimiscreationmall.com/BedroomPage4.html

Too often we lose sight of life\'s simple pleasures. Remember when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face for you to frown, But it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch slap that mother@#?!&! up side the head!
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2848 on: 2010 March 04, 19:08:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bedroom I was asking about above is done. In the end I did manage to make it a slave to the previous living set, which makes it take up very little space in your DL folder. Thanks again for all the useful input.

Link in my signature. Going to start work on a kitchen in the same style now.

Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: 2010 March 04, 20:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gorgeous.  And I love how the canopy is separate. 

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: