PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 01:16:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 877218 times)
cynt
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #2535 on: 2009 July 13, 22:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I'm curious as to what TTB wrote as my name Tongue.
Sorry the pic wasn't in-game, here's a bodyshop one, to the left flower detail, to the right whole body view.  Smiley As I said before, it's my first recolor, so forgive the TSR likeness in crappyness

ETA: ooh, now i get what TTB mistook my name for, lol it's ok TapThatBooty,  mistaking it's human, and thinking my name was that what you thought it's not that hard to do, even more so if name and word share almost the same letters and you weren't wearing your glasses and if you are reading really fast, I find it funny  Cool
« Last Edit: 2009 July 13, 23:01:17 by cynt » Logged

Its called RUM! Recognize Ugly Mess! <Paden>
TapThatBooty
ARR!

yey me, im in the 20's club!!

View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: 2009 July 14, 02:05:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CYNT!!!  Wink. I do like that top, and for a first recolor, it is really nice. But I would suggest adding a few more details here and there. Maybe where there could be a different stitching to the neck and collar area, change the flow of the fabric, so that instead of it being horizontal, it is vertical. Add some more detail to the shoulder joints too. I can see where you put the flower, and I think it would be a nice little touch to the top, but make it more dominant, please don't take this the wrong way, but at the moment, it looks like a stain on her top, again, I don't mean that in a bad way  Smiley.

All that being said, you have done a better job that I could probably do, I've never really tried much with recoloring  Cheesy.
cynt
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: 2009 July 14, 03:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CYNT!!!  Wink. I do like that top, and for a first recolor, it is really nice. But I would suggest adding a few more details here and there. Maybe where there could be a different stitching to the neck and collar area, change the flow of the fabric, so that instead of it being horizontal, it is vertical. Add some more detail to the shoulder joints too. I can see where you put the flower, and I think it would be a nice little touch to the top, but make it more dominant, please don't take this the wrong way, but at the moment, it looks like a stain on her top, again, I don't mean that in a bad way  Smiley.

All that being said, you have done a better job that I could probably do, I've never really tried much with recoloring  Cheesy.

Thank you very much TapThatBooty! Cheesy Now you mention it, the flower does look like a stain, don't worry, criticism makes for good results later! Besides, how can I hope to get better if good  ppl don't tell me the flaws present in my work? Smiley Maybe I should increase the opacity of the flower so it is more visible. Thank you very much for pointing this out, I will continue my recoloring practice so next time i post it's something worth downloading, I'll make the changes you suggest and I'll post it again hopefully  it will be better Wink
« Last Edit: 2009 July 14, 03:59:33 by cynt » Logged

CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: 2009 July 14, 04:42:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

cynt - As a fan of yellow clothes, I want to encourage you in your recoloring efforts.  As TTB said, that flower could use some more contrast so we can see it.  Is it an applique, or is it part of the sweater's knit fabric?  Looks like knit right now?  Also, be sure to take a look at it in game.  The lighting in bodyshop is very dark (unless you have a lighting mod), so yellow can look fine there, but be overly saturated and bright in game.  My first yellow items had to be redone because there turned out too bright.  I much prefer MilkShape for previewing textures.  You can easily see any angle, line up your seams, check the UV map, and so on.  HP wrote a great tutorial here.

cynt
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: 2009 July 14, 05:37:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks CatofWar I'll be sure to take a look at it  Smiley
This is my second attempt; i made this before reading CatOfWar suggestion about Milkshape and HP's tutorial, thats why its in bodyshop.
I changed color and added little details to the cuffs and collar, I also changed flower's opacity so it doesn't look like cat's sick over the chest of the sim, but i think that flower doesn't look pretty. I also did as TapThatBooty suggested and changed the flow of the fabric so its vertical and not horizontal. Please comment PMBDians, more constructive critics are surely welcome Cheesy

« Last Edit: 2009 July 14, 06:27:49 by cynt » Logged

Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: 2009 July 14, 06:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a mod to enhance bodyshop's lightning: http://hideki.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=220884

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
cynt
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: 2009 July 14, 06:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Dr.House, that's a handy mod.

TapThatBooty
ARR!

yey me, im in the 20's club!!

View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: 2009 July 14, 13:30:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cynt, that is a massive improvement on the top. I really love the color of it, it makes me think of Fall, and wine  Grin. The flower is also a big improvement too. It looks nice from the long shot, but a but blurry close up. If you are going for the knitted in look, then it looks ok, but try and make it more sharper. It seems a little alone on the top, I'm trying to think of something that will bring it more into the whole top, instead of just being on the chest. Maybe a stem or a couple of loose petals or something, something that makes it belong on the top instead of being there, if that makes sense?
I feel really bad about criticizing your work, please don't take it personal Wink.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: 2009 July 14, 22:55:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, yes, a bendy stem!  I love the color of the new top, like a dark red wine.

badcyn
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: 2009 July 14, 23:40:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm almost finished with a set based off the base game's Blue Suede Chair. Question: Buttons, or no?

I like the buttons!
cynt
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: 2009 July 15, 01:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel really bad about criticizing your work, please don't take it personal Wink.

Please don't feel bad  Sad as I said before constructive criticism is what makes people get better, look at all the improvement I could achieve thanks to yours and other people's kind opinion. Wink
Yes, yes, a bendy stem!  I love the color of the new top, like a dark red wine.
Thanks CatOfWar, I'm glad that you like the new color.
Cynt, that is a massive improvement on the top. I really love the color of it, it makes me think of Fall, and wine  Grin. The flower is also a big improvement too. It looks nice from the long shot, but a but blurry close up. If you are going for the knitted in look, then it looks ok, but try and make it more sharper. It seems a little alone on the top, I'm trying to think of something that will bring it more into the whole top, instead of just being on the chest. Maybe a stem or a couple of loose petals or something, something that makes it belong on the top instead of being there, if that makes sense?

Thanks for your kind words of appreciation, And about the flower, i was thinking of maybe I could add similar and smaller flowers on the right or left side? 2 or 3 maybe, forming some kind of triangle like this??

but that'll mean to change the flower that's on the chest. What do you think? If not then the bendy stem CatOfWar sugested and the loose petals.

CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: 2009 July 15, 01:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the three morning glory design, but not sure how well it would work as a knitted pattern.  Maybe as an applique?  On a sweatshirt or tee or other top?  Just my two cents, you design your shirt however you'd like.

Are those white shadows on the red wine sweater?  I suggest putting your shadows in a separate layer from the rest of your sweater, so they stay black.  I assume you're using layers?

cynt
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: 2009 July 15, 01:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the morning glory image as an example Cheesy
I don't understand nor see what you mean with white shadows  Huh And yes I am using layers. I appreciatte all hints and the patience you are using to point to the right path, thanks =)

CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: 2009 July 15, 01:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look at the neckline of the sweater.  Right at the boundary between the sweater and the sim's skin.  See the white?  It looks like there was a shadow there that got its brightness turned way up.  Maxis clothing usually has a shadow between the fabric and the skin.  I usually chop that out and put it in its own layer, so it doesn't get changed.

cynt
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: 2009 July 15, 02:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see, thanks CatOfWar, I'll fix that

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: