PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 19:08:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 876303 times)
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #2265 on: 2009 April 29, 18:41:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BFBVFS = big fireball visible from space

I think it's defined in the FAQ here somewhere.

BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: 2009 April 29, 18:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The resources and information which I didn’t have when you made the ‘lazy’ remark. But, of course, to see that one would have to have read and understood all the posts I’d already made, and obviously you didn’t find it necessary to do that before rolling out the rudeness. Talk about laziness.

I made the lazy comment in the same damn post that I posted all the links to resources and tutorials in, so that doesn't wash.  I wasn't rude before you started getting pissy about it all.  I never even would have posted here if you hadn't linked to that thread on BPS talking about mini-drama - which you started by taking personally an observation about laziness I made. Tongue
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2267 on: 2009 April 29, 19:15:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made the lazy comment in the same damn post that I posted all the links to resources and tutorials in, so that doesn't wash. 

Oh yes, it does. Here's what you wrote:

It's such a simple thing - it'd be quite lazy of you to not offer them when you're well-capable of doing it.

At a time when the only way I had of doing those two extra EP versions would be to create the packages from the bottom with all the testing and tinkering (!) that entails. Definitely not 'such a simple thing'.

And then underneath the above quote were the links to Lord Darcy's updater - the easy way of doing it. I missed those at first - which I've already told you in an email - because I got quite pissed off about being called lazy if I didn't spend an hour or so making two Freetime appliances that I didn't even know if very many people were going to use. So you're damn right I got pissy about it.

I never even would have posted here if you hadn't linked to that thread on BPS talking about mini-drama - which you started by taking personally an observation about laziness I made. Tongue

Yeah, like in the PM you sent me where you said you didn't understand why I thought you were rude to me. STFU. And evidently that's not a rude thing to say to somebody.

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: 2009 April 29, 19:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, and again, I didn't say that before you got all rude and butthurt about being perceived as lazy Tongue

Even without LD's resources, AN HOUR OR TWO?  Come on.
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2269 on: 2009 April 29, 20:26:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool. I found the reason for all this hubbub. You are quite simply making things up as you like. I mean this, for instance:
... OR TWO?
Where did you get that from, if not from the inside of your own head?

But yes, for the record, all together it would take me about an hour to add two new EP appliances to the set. For one thing, they have extra recolorable subsets which I all too often mess up when putting in (do call me useless - I'm sure you add subsets all the time and never screw them up), and I messed around with the material definition to get it to match the other Bayon objects. If your comment over at Black Pearl is anything to go by - here, this one:
And you don't need to test it.
- you don't test things before putting them up for download. I do. I test everything. As thoroughly as I can - and even then I still miss things. In fact I just tested an all-EP fridge made with Lord Darcy's update method. But you said that wouldn't be necessary, so you probably wouldn't understand how testing would take some time too.

(For those who are curious: It worked - the fridge, I mean).

ETA:
Sorry, I forgot to answer this one:
Yes, and again, I didn't say that before you got all rude and butthurt about being perceived as lazy Tongue

No no, you're getting it wrong. You were the rude one. Here's what I responded to the 'lazy' remark:
Excuse me, what? Because you don't think I spend enough time already making custom content for everybody? I assure you, if only a handful of people are ever going to use those extra versions then I have much more useful and important things to do with the time it would take me to put together those two packages, test them, zip them, upload them etc. Like playing with my son, for instance. Or doing something that would actually earn me some Real Life money.

Which might be butthurt or pissy, but not exactly rude.

But then you told me to STFU. That's rude.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 29, 21:12:52 by Moune » Logged

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2270 on: 2009 April 29, 21:02:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just for my own opinions - one, calling someone lazy who is doing a hobby is rude.  Moune doesn't have to share any of her work.  Now -I'm- lazy.  I won't recolour her stuff [most likely anyway] because its not repository.  But her not making her things repository is the opposite of lazy in my eyes because she instead goes to all that trouble to remake and recolour all those textures.

Look, if you want to argue about this, here is not the place.  Moune is a free creator and we do not knock free creators here.  She's also a very good creator.  Saying she's lazy because she didn't want to do it your way is pointless anyway - if you'd looked, she'd planned on making seperate appliances for folks with different EPs.  That is -not- lazy.

Oh, and in my eyes, not testing -every-single-mesh- thoroughly is Lazy with a capital L.  I know I do - and sometimes it takes me days just to make a mesh work properly, like my trashbin, or even my tablecloth.

Sorry if it sounds snappy - got surgery tomorrow, my jaw hurts and I'm a little nervous.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: 2009 April 29, 21:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SoggyFox  Good luck with your surgery.  I hope it all goes well.  Don't think of it as surgery.  Think of it as an opportunity to get codeine!  Wheee!  You haven't watched TV until you've seen it through codeine goggles. 

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: 2009 April 29, 22:04:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Soggyfox, there's actually a pretty very good chance that you'll survive the surgery. But just remember this: If you notice that you're floating out of your body while in the operating room, then that's probably not a good sign. It will also probably be your last opportunity to bitch slap the doctor - so take it.

(Good luck -  Cheesy)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2273 on: 2009 April 29, 22:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks guys - not really nervous about the surgery itself - it will be my fourth one this year and I feel almost old hat now, though since its oral-related, it means the breathing tube will be in my nose again, which is annoying Smiley

And they have given me morphine in the hospital, so I know the hurting won't be so bad while I'm there, thankfully.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
pinkyfriend
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: 2009 April 29, 23:08:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good luck with your surgery. You sure have had a rough time of it! Hope you are all fixed up for good one of these days (sooner rather than later).
I haven't had morphine since I had my knees replaced...I could barely stay awake for more than 15 minutes at a time lol...and boy was I mellow!
I have already made my son promise me that when I am really old & in the nursing home that he will makes sure I get good drugs!
and to never let them put a bra on me

"The internet is like a petri dish...you drop one stupid spore in and it just grows like crazy" - my son
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: 2009 April 29, 23:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't have all of the heavy pain killing drugs, they make me berf all over the place. I just make due with heavy doses of Ibuprofen and watch my internal organs crumble all to hell, but at least I don't feel it. Cheesy

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: 2009 April 30, 00:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a hell of a virus once in high school and I had to take cough syrup with codeine in it. I was pretty floaty.

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: 2009 April 30, 00:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me alas, heavy duty painkillers are now forbidden. Following a heavy dose of HELLP syndrome I got during my pregnancy, I shot my liver to hell and am now operating on 1/4 cirrhosis. So alcohol and any kind of opiates or codein are a big no-no. However I do prescribe to the FOJ's theory of walking it all off as even prior to liver-rot I never took painkillers. Just praying to god I never need serious surgery again or I'll be in a heck of a lot of pain...

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
sailfindragon
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2278 on: 2009 April 30, 01:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me alas, heavy duty painkillers are now forbidden. Following a heavy dose of HELLP syndrome I got during my pregnancy, I shot my liver to hell and am now operating on 1/4 cirrhosis. So alcohol and any kind of opiates or codein are a big no-no. However I do prescribe to the FOJ's theory of walking it all off as even prior to liver-rot I never took painkillers. Just praying to god I never need serious surgery again or I'll be in a heck of a lot of pain...

I have the same problem, cannot take a lot things. I had obstetric cholestasis with all my pregancies and was it most serious with my daughter. Still have to get blood tests every 3 months to ensure my liver is functioning.

Add your Sims Site to the SailfinSims Link Directory
TapThatBooty
ARR!

yey me, im in the 20's club!!

View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: 2009 April 30, 10:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good luck SoggyFox!!  Grin Kiss

Codeine, isn't that the drug they give you when you are alergic to everything else?

I'm very strange when it comes to drugs, I won't take anything, apart from my hayfever tablets, but I have taken them since I was a kid. For me, I have to know everything that is going into my body. I'm the same with food, I'll read the ingrediants before I eat anything, if I can't pronounce a word, which, believe, doesn't happen often, then I won't eat it.
The winter that just went by there, where I live, this nasty flu virus went round, and I caught it, which was shocking cos I'm rarely ill, and I was in bed sleeping for nearly a week. I never took any medication for it and my body was rid of it, plus a nasty caugh that came with, about 3 weeks after I had caught it. There were people here who had it nearly 2 months later, and they were constantly on edication for it.
I prefer for my body to build a natural immune system rather than have all thse drugs pumping through it. But, hey, I'm just strange  Grin.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: