PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 22:23:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 873719 times)
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #2235 on: 2009 April 23, 06:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh!  Gazing ponds!  Or maybe plunge pools?  Either way, water features for the win.  What with falling satellites, the repo man, and random Goopy appearances, sims need more serenity in their lives.  Ponds, pools, fountains, just the thing for that.

Axeleefe
ARR!

This Chair be high, Says I

View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: 2009 April 23, 08:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh!  Gazing ponds!  Or maybe plunge pools?  Either way, water features for the win.  What with falling satellites, the repo man, and random Goopy appearances, sims need more serenity in their lives.  Ponds, pools, fountains, just the thing for that.

You must be mistaken. Goopy can be quite tranquil when he wants to be.
Didn't you see him in Bon Voyage as a towel-donning suana partner?
The WooHoo was out of this WORLD.

I think.
obsidian
Landlubber

Simples!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2237 on: 2009 April 23, 14:54:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bored again so I made another lot Cheesy

Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2238 on: 2009 April 28, 15:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Working on a new kitchen and have some questions about the appliances, if you don't mind.  Smiley

I need to figure out which ones need EP versions and which ones that should be. I know a Seasons version for the fridge is a must. But how many of you would use an OfB version of it - or of the stove? Apart from that are there any of the other appliances that need EP versions, and - if yes - which ones?

These are the appliances I'm talking about:
Stove, fridge, food processor (on counter), trash compactor and dishwasher.

Any input much appreciated.  Smiley

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2239 on: 2009 April 28, 15:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks nice so far.

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2240 on: 2009 April 28, 15:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh  There are appliance options with OFB?  lol Did not know that.  I don't play business lots, I only bought OFB for the build/buy stuff.  But Seasons options yes!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: 2009 April 28, 16:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My bakery owners sometimes bake pies at home, so I do use OFB appliance stuff occasionally.

dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2242 on: 2009 April 28, 18:33:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know it is only the stoves and fridges you would need to update for OFB, Seasons, and FT. OFB gives you the make many option, Seasons,, the put away leftovers, get leftovers option, and Freetime would give you the make group meal, make food for competition interactions.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: 2009 April 28, 18:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like to have the options open for anything when I download, so yeah, I'd appreciate it if the refrigerator came with OFP options.  Actually, I like having refrigerators with all options open, which includes the freetime cheese and crackers and all such.  Would I download it even if you don't include any of that?  Yes, I would.  But I would prefer if it was compatible with all expansion packs.

If I'm overstepping my boundaries here, feel free to ignore everything I'm about to say, but if you want an honest opinion (from someone who just adores the whole Bayon set. and is thus looking forward to this kitchen)  I would make the refrigerator more squared, at least the front of it.  Why? Because if a refrigerator looks as if it were made of wood, chances are, it's a panel stuck into the front.   Most of the time they don't even come with panels for the sides, because they figure everyone who has a refrigerator that is so luxurious that they can have a custom wooden front made, is going to "build in" the refrigerator, thus no need for the sides.  However, having wooden sides wouldn't be too outlandish

If you're not making this for the reality of the set, but simply because "They're sims and therefore, they can have a wooden sink if they want!" then ignore everything I'm saying.  But if you're trying for a more realistic look, but still having it match, I'd try to make it look like the refrigerator had slide in panels for the wood grain look.  

And yes, it goes without saying that if it upsets people, they can bloody well use another refrigerator, they don't have to use the one that you made for the set, but I know if the refrigerator looks more as if it's been paneled to match the cabinets, I'd be more likely use it, than I would to use what looks like a refrigerator carved out of wood.  

Again, I'm not telling you what you have to do, I'm just making a suggestion.  I love the cabinets.

The Bayon livingroom you did is in almost all my Sim houses that have a Sunroom or a porch.  And the dining set ends up being used in breakfast nooks and the like, quite often!  I like the Tamarind bedroom too.  I like all your stuff, pretty much.  You told me that people had said that it reminds them of stuff you'd find at Pier One Imports and I quite agree, which is why I like it so much!

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2244 on: 2009 April 28, 20:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darqstar, you are not overstepping any boundaries at all, and I'd be dumb, dumb, dumb if I didn't listen to you or any one else who offers their opinion.  Smiley

I do see what you mean about the realism of the fridge. I actually started out with a more regular box version, but it looked slightly off next to the other more curvy objects. So I opted for the rounded version. To sort of make up for it I've made three non-woodgrain recolors: a black, a white and a stainless steel. That way those who feels the woodgrain finishes look too cartoonish can use the regular recolors, and those who just want everything to look the same can use the wood ones. Or - like you say - they can all just go off and use a completely different fridge.  Cheesy

I'm really glad you like the Bayon furniture, and thanks for saying so. It would be - almost - no fun making all this stuff, if nobody wanted to use it.

----

As for what EP's to include: If I combine all your comments with what they're saying over at Black Pearl, I think a straight OfB version is loosing out. There just doesn't seem to be that many people using OfB regularly. I would rather make a Freetime version - apart from the Seasons version, of course. Besides, I think that a Freetime or Seasons version would automatically have the OfB options in it, but I'll have to check up on that.

As for Freetime dishwasher and trash compactor I don't know. Do you all use those tinkering options?

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: 2009 April 28, 21:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rarely use tinkering, however, I like to have that option. I have no reasoning for this.  Tongue

BTW, the set is beautiful.  Grin

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Pooki
ARR!

Still Alive!

View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: 2009 April 28, 22:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do like the set too.  I have used the tinkering a few times but not many.  I am like Keirra I like to have the option for it though. I too have no reasoning for it. 

Snarky's mine despite obvious complications.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: 2009 April 28, 22:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if we're discussing options for all EPs, not just OFB, I would also vote for having all options for all EPs.  I do use all of them, even tinkering.  I would not download an appliance with missing options, no matter how lovely.  (I would still ooh and aah over it.)  That's why Lord Darcy is my hero, all those fixes for stupid broken EA stuff with missing options.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2248 on: 2009 April 28, 22:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't wait for more of the Bayon stuff myself, and I agree - I would love all the EP options - however, if its too much of a bother, or you don't have freetime I can always fix it on my end.

And I love your other pieces so much I used them liberally in the DoTY contest over on Black Pearl.  I plan on doing some more house building soon.

Off topic, would anyone else be interested in stairs with lattice for underneath/railing?  I've seen some aorund my neighborhood and I could make them recolourable and repository easily enough.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: 2009 April 28, 22:48:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea how complicated it is to add the EP options to an objects, but isn't it possible to make one version of the fridge that includes options for all or non EPs?
I mean one versions that is compatible with all versions of the game, like Buggybooz' fridge. First there have been several versions available, one for each EP, but they have been exchanged with a one-for-all version... This would be the way I'd prefer it.

About the other objects: I don't think that it is necessary to add the tinker option, I don't see the sense of it anyways. If you are going to make a Seasons version of the trash compactor it would be great.

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: