PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 05:29:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 8 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 877405 times)
Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #2070 on: 2009 March 15, 02:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the style and how you've worked the roofing. My one comment: Woman those bathrooms are massive! What are you planing on putting in there? Cheesy
You should probably just ignore me, cause I'm well known elsewhere for my affinity to tiny itsi-bitsi lots...No giant manors for my simmies cause I'm a mean sim godess Cheesy

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: 2009 March 15, 02:52:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I have been known to make small ones, too, but I figure if you're into the cluttery stuff for the bathroom like me, then you're gonna need room to throw in a washer and dryer and counters and maybe a hot tub and other kinds of stuff... Cheesy

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: 2009 March 15, 02:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're way too generous with your simmies. I've run a monastery lot where the poor brethren had bushes to relieve themselves and the odd sink for everything else  Shocked

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2073 on: 2009 March 15, 04:22:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd say that house is rather large for the number of rooms it has.  If you divided up the floors into more rooms, then it wouldn't seem so overlarge.  I kid you not, with the amount of squares you've dedicated to bathrooms, I could probably make about ten.  Wink  Which I do all the time, I play legacy families so I'll end up with 10-12 people in the house, and I want them to all shower if they need to in the morning!  (Okay, depending on the family, it's between four and ten bathrooms, but it's still a lot!)

I do enjoy nice big deck/veranda/patio areas.  I think those pillars would look nicer if they were all the way out by the porch railings.  Hmm...perhaps if the house wasn't quite so symmetrical, either?  I like the jut-out area on the second floor, I might make the first floor match with that.  I'd also suggest moving the driveway closer to the house, just because people don't often park so far away from their house.  It looks like you'd just have room for that second piece against the porch, and then you could maybe combine the driveway and front walk?

...I love building and I can ramble on about a lot forever.  Lips sealed
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2074 on: 2009 March 15, 04:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like it, but then I like building symmetrical lots on occasions - and the exterior has character.  I'd love to see a picture of it furnished though, to have an idea how it looks with stuff - places always look larger when empty, then the stuff makes the space shrink.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: 2009 March 15, 17:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks to all of you for the advice, I'm going to take that into consideration when I decorate and post pics of what I've done with it. It's just a basic deal for now, it can be carved up into more rooms upstairs for families with more than one child, which is what I'm going to do today. I think I make larger houses due to the fact that I like to put in skilling objects. Cheesy Also, I'm like a friend of mine that likes to have porches that can be used for more than just coming into the house, they've got to have room for chairs and stuff so a family can gather on nice evenings and enjoy the night air. Thanks for the ideas, they're going to come in handy! Smiley

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: 2009 March 15, 18:07:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden that soothes the symmetry freak within me lol. I like the house very much.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2077 on: 2009 March 15, 18:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do too, Paden - not just skilling objects, since I tend to cheat on skills [by the time I've gone through college, a sim has that maxed anyway], but a chess table and easel are nice, and then a potter's wheel, sewing machine, piano.....those things take room

www.thestormradio.com
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: 2009 March 15, 18:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I make larger houses due to the fact that I like to put in skilling objects.

That's one of my pet peeves with the game, that you need so much room for items to build skills.  Like needing a freestanding chess board, or a telescope for logic.  We never had freestanding chess tables growing up, we pulled out a box and set up the board and dumped it back in the box when we were done. But in the Sims, every single game needs its own special table.  

Sims take forever to do anything, and they also need like a three foot space between them and an object, or they can't get by it.  It's crazy.

CC creators don't help that either (and I'm just as guilty as the next guy) Ever check out all the stuff that comes with some of these CC bathrooms?  You'd need something about five times the size of what Paden's bathrooms looked like in order to put half the stuff in it.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: 2009 March 15, 18:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden, why did you delete your post of the house?

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2080 on: 2009 March 15, 19:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, it is impossible to build most of the houses and apartments I've lived in, in the Sims 2.  You just can't do it - 50s era houses are usually 2/3, with the tub and the toilet right next to each other and a 1x1 closet next to it, for towels.  And the sink right there too - I tried making my old house for the sims, they couldn't use it.  On the other hand, my bathroom -now- is actually large, like alot of ones made for sims houses - I'd put the era mid-late 70s for this one.

I think the problem is, whoever designed the basic engine for sims 2[it wasn't Will], didn't think past certain sorts of houses - and didn't consider small houses or apartments, or really, dorms.  Its why lattice is all just brown, and why stairs weren't made recolourable, nor fences - because why would we want to recolour those or have real options?  [or phones Tongue]

www.thestormradio.com
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: 2009 March 15, 20:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the nice thing I have discovered about Nouk's hairs is that they are entirely alpha editable! Thus I have been working on a new hair edit of her hair she released with the sugar and spice WNF.

A lot shorter, and I tried to angle the bangs a bit more. Plus I took Nouk's less shiny textures and mish mashed them with her older shiney ones and that texture is what came out! What do you guys think?

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: 2009 March 15, 21:20:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I like that! It's like a true strawberry blonde.  And the alterations really make it look like a new hair, instead of just a recolor. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: 2009 March 15, 21:52:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the way that hair looks and would give it folder space... As for my post about the house, I didn't think I had deleted it, it still shows as there for me.

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: 2009 March 16, 00:08:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm  I like it! The texture looks very nice on it, and the length works well!
I'm not a great fan of the ends, did you use the one from the braids thingie you retextured? Should I provide something different or will you hurt me?  Cheesy

Inactive
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: