PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:24:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 8 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 869934 times)
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #1950 on: 2009 February 24, 18:26:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I meant using cheats and putting it in the middle. Just me thinking aloud here.  Wink

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
TapThatBooty
ARR!

yey me, im in the 20's club!!

View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: 2009 February 24, 22:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*snip*
meh. If anyone knows of an already existing middle age makeup set I'd love to know!
*snips of lush pic*

I love that idea, I think it's silly that there isn't a middle aged sim age, even in The Sims 3, thank God I aint getting that one  Shocked.

As you asked, here is a link to some middle aged makeup. fanseelamb also uses some, I'll get you a link for his stuff too.

http://linna.modthesims2.com/download.php?p&t=246697

False Edit:

Fanseelamb's stuff.

http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=256217

http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=74042

Get Vic Grassi, the blond in the orange top. He also comes with some sore/tired eyes set, which is a slight reddening of the skin, looks really good in game.
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: 2009 February 24, 22:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect that there's no Sim Middle Age for the same reason that Elders in the game are basically designed to be one huge joke.  The game is designed by 20 -somethings for 12s.

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1953 on: 2009 February 24, 22:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except I think their largest demographic is middle-aged.  Thing is, how many middle-aged people do you see in the media who aren't trying desperately to hold onto their youth?  Then there are people like me, who because of our geekishness, spend little time outside or in tanning beds and thus still look pretty youthful.

I just find their portray of the elder a laugh riot - my grandmother is 80 and has excellent posture [better than mine] and was an athelete most of her life.  And my mom, while not very fit, still has good posture as well.  Besides, a bra takes care of that droopy boob thing they seem obsessed with.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: 2009 February 24, 22:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy My mom would be offended if anyone dare tell her she looked middle aged. Lucky for her, she doesn't. She's 48 (Pescodian and real years), yet she looks not much older than 30. Lucky me, I'm pretty much a carbon copy of her. Wink

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: 2009 February 24, 23:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except I think their largest demographic is middle-aged.  Thing is, how many middle-aged people do you see in the media who aren't trying desperately to hold onto their youth?  Then there are people like me, who because of our geekishness, spend little time outside or in tanning beds and thus still look pretty youthful.

I just find their portray of the elder a laugh riot - my grandmother is 80 and has excellent posture [better than mine] and was an athelete most of her life.  And my mom, while not very fit, still has good posture as well.  Besides, a bra takes care of that droopy boob thing they seem obsessed with.

Bravo. Well said. I for one don't know any "old" people who look stereotypically old. My sun worshipping, partying peers look older than some of them.

Anyway, I find it sad that the sims was so half-assed with their elder group. And the lack of a middle-aged/ mid-to late prime is unfortunate. Don't they know that the sims is precisely the kind of game that age-group loves? People who won't buy halo, and don't consider themselves gamers play this game. Not that older people aren't tech savvy, but for those who don't keep up with all the new stuff, the sims is a perfect fit.

This reminds me of when Isabella Rossellini was fired from Lancome's age defying skin product line and replaced with a younger model. Hello? That's the age group with the most disposable income. Not the teens and 20s (or the 12s) Where do they think 12s get their money anyway?

fake eta: Chaos brings up a good point. The health/fitness/science community are starting to look at age not in actual years, but in physical wear and tear. I take care of myself more than people of my social group, because in the late 20's that wear and tear starts to become more apparent and I want to save myself the grief. My mom is in her 50s but looks 20 years younger because she's stayed out of the sun all her life, and wore sunscreen all the time-- even before everyone starting saying it.

Also the signs of aging in skin is actually damage surfacing from sun exposure before the age of 10. The more doctors are learning, the less date of birth is relevant.

As the saying goes, its not the years, its the mileage.

sorry for the long post
pinkyfriend
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: 2009 February 24, 23:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh hell yeah!  Grin Oolong I love those droopy eyes. Have been looking for something like this forEVAR! Not just lines & wrinkles, but real cosmetic changes to make a sim just a little less than 'perfect'. They can even be used on 30-somethings that just have more of a hooded eye (will be perfect for my Karl Urban sim). Now I have to sit quietly & try to exhibit some patience...but have to emit a tiny squee

"The internet is like a petri dish...you drop one stupid spore in and it just grows like crazy" - my son
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1957 on: 2009 February 24, 23:56:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oolong, I hope you keep on the same subtle trend with these makeups...I will suggest that perhaps you look into making them all into layerable blushes instead of sorting them into the category of the face they actually go on.  That way they can be layered with other makeup.  While many eyeshadows might cover up the top part of your eyebag, the lower part may remain.

I have seen a few other attempts to make "middle age" makeups, but I don't want to hunt them down to link them.  They were taken out of my game awhile ago, simply because they were not subtle enough.  While there are people out there who are middle-aged with some deep facial lines, they tend to be fairly subtle.  My parents (and my aunts and uncles) are all around the 50 48 age-marker, and they aren't particularly wrinkly.  They have smile lines and some creases and what-have you, but it's rather subtle.

Then again, I've had a few smile lines around my eyes as long as I can remember (yes, since I was a 12), some of these things are definitely predetermined by your facial structure and favorite expressions!

And I thought the Maxis elder bodytype was stupid for quite some time.  I finally just decided I'd rather have the slight unrealism of the adult body type than the cartoonish elder body type.  The posture helps a bit, and my elders tend to get plump more than my other ages, because they've probably maxed body and aren't forced to exercise anymore.  So I don't think the elders in my game look too unrealistic. Smiley
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: 2009 February 25, 01:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Missbonbon, that's a great idea. I'll definitely try to whip up some variations of cheek hollows and folds.

Oolong, I hope you keep on the same subtle trend with these makeups...I will suggest that perhaps you look into making them all into layerable blushes instead of sorting them into the category of the face they actually go on.  That way they can be layered with other makeup.  While many eyeshadows might cover up the top part of your eyebag, the lower part may remain.
I hadn't thought of that but now that you bring it up it seems like the best way. How does one make layerable blushes? I want to make a set that you can mix and match different parts of the face.

I have seen a few other attempts to make "middle age" makeups, but I don't want to hunt them down to link them.  They were taken out of my game awhile ago, simply because they were not subtle enough. 
I'm going for a subtle look, most definitely. Just some hollows, sagging, baggyness. Nothing too extreme.
TapThatBooty
ARR!

yey me, im in the 20's club!!

View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: 2009 February 25, 02:05:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*TTB points up a few posts to the post he made, containing links to other makeup
http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/index.php/topic,1972.msg136863.html#msg136863*

EDIT: Because I really should read all the post and not just the end.....

The first link I put up contains a tutorial on how to make them layerable too.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: 2009 February 25, 03:09:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=5821.0

That's a lovely tutorial on how to make any facial item layerable. Requires SimPe though.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Hypnotiq
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1961 on: 2009 February 25, 05:06:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So once upon a time prior to me realising what an ass/horrible person Thoma$$ is, I had some things hosted at TSR. I removed them after I was directed to Coconuts blog by a good friend of mine, and was wondering, do you want them? They are just simple lots - no major building cheats involved, and play nicely.
I hope these pictures are small enough.

I did some editing out of my name on the images because I had used a different one on TSR. Wink

wannacracker
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: 2009 February 25, 05:50:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After all the suggestions, my friend came up with this:

http://usera.ImageCave.com/thecookiejar/Stuff/All.jpg
She wants the satin skirt part to stay (it's based on a top she loves to wear), and tried different colors of leggings, but this looked the best.  Any more suggestions?  She will be doing an all sweater top with jean leggings next, but wants to get this one as good as she can first.

I recommend taking the knit edging off of the skirt, and changing the frill on the sleeves to satin. Smiley
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1963 on: 2009 February 25, 15:53:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those are cute lots - you could try uploading them over on MTS2.  You'd just need floorplan pictures I think.  And no pay items.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: 2009 February 25, 16:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have some tips on textures and alpha's? Neena will retexture this,as it was made for her, but I might upload the original as well.

Inactive
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: