PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:07:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 869750 times)
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #1920 on: 2009 February 22, 05:04:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay! My baldness will not be for nothing!  Cheesy Well so I took your advice and edited the hairline.

I will probably fiddle with the alpha some more tomorrow after work. Plus I need to work on the back hairline. By the way Nouk, thank you for your help with this. Without your help I would still be tearing hair out.  Kiss

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: 2009 February 22, 18:18:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey that's starting to look better and better!
Looks like alpha-ing the ends causes some transparency problems, because all the braids are in the same group originally. There's not much to do about that.
Also a part of the three fatter thingies has one end alpha'd off... I will have to check out the mapping tonight to see where they start and end. That's fixable.

It will still look like dreads/braids if you leave the shape intact in the alpha. Try stretching the alpha for the braids out vertically, see what happens?.

Wanna learn how to mesh hair? Then you can just make exactly what you want Cheesy

Inactive
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: 2009 February 22, 18:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wanna learn how to mesh hair? Then you can just make exactly what you want Cheesy

Can I pretend to be Missbonbon and answer this question?  Cheesy You should teach people Nouk..mm tasty mesh knowledge!

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: 2009 February 22, 19:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only reason it's starting to look better and better is because it's all your work. I'm just mish mashing it together. Cheesy I think I will take baby steps first and edit other people's work. I do plan on eventually learning. And to just agree with Jojo, you would make an excellent teacher Nouk. I mean look I'm learning and that says alot!

And when you say stretching the alpha for the braids, I am assuming you mean the dangling bits in the back. Since I just got home I will fire up bodyshop and try fiddling with the back alpha some more and see what happens. Thank you again Nouk.  Kiss

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1924 on: 2009 February 22, 19:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love to learn to mesh hair.  Tried it once, but gave up on it.  But then I could make some nice male hairstyles, and maybe a set of female ones.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
eternal_darkness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: 2009 February 22, 20:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish I actually had time to sit and continue to work on creating meshes, but I barely even have time to play my game as of now Cry

The World Will Look Up and Shout, “Save Us!” And I’ll Look Down and Whisper, “No.”
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: 2009 February 22, 20:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay so photobucket is being a bitch and won't let me see which image I have posted here. I'm hoping it's the one where the mannequin is wearing a purple sweater. If it is, that's what the strands look like with the alpha stretched. I tried different lengths but that one seemed the most natural. If I stretched it any further it would eat into the bun to much. I also messed around with the textures a tad bit. I'm getting so close to getting them lined up it's drivings me crazy. I experimented with the textures and have discovered that the top of the head pretty much pulls the highlights forward. So no matter how close to "halo" I get the sides, the top will be wonky with it. I am thinking I'm going to edit the textures so they look more how the hair looks in the back with a more stretched highlight.

Beth
ARR!

Random writing.

View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: 2009 February 22, 20:56:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That looks so nice now Bonbon! Woah!
I am wondering though, why is ythe bun slowly dissappearing whenever you edit the alpha? Is there no way you can avoid that past of the alhpa so it doesn't happen?

Updated April 30th!
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: 2009 February 23, 02:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Beth.  Smiley Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about the disappearing bun on my end that I know of. It seems the ends of the dangling hairs are mapped to the top of the bun. I tried putting the alpha Nouk gave me into different directions and it doesn't really help it much. Hopefully when Nouk looks at the UV she has she can discover something, if not the hole isn't that noticeable with how the alpha is stretched.

cookiepirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: 2009 February 23, 14:25:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After all the suggestions, my friend came up with this:

She wants the satin skirt part to stay (it's based on a top she loves to wear), and tried different colors of leggings, but this looked the best.  Any more suggestions?  She will be doing an all sweater top with jean leggings next, but wants to get this one as good as she can first. 

~ the happy little cookiepirate ~
Cookie Cannibal
MONDAYS - A terrible way to spend 1/7th of your life
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1930 on: 2009 February 23, 14:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One suggestion on the sleeves - turn the texture around for them so it matches the direction of the bodice - as a knitter, most sleeves have the knit worked in te same direction as the body.

www.thestormradio.com
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: 2009 February 23, 16:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tell y our friend it's looking awesome!

naceygirl
ARR!

Pirate Petrillo on the High Seas!

View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: 2009 February 23, 16:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just letting you all know that I'm still creating!  Have had a lot of personal stuff on my plate in the past year or so, but I've got some stuff that I'll be releasing soon that I'm pretty excited about.  Haven't had the chance to get proper screen shots.  Most of these are preliminary and Bodyshop shots - forgeeve me!

A new improved Hercule Poirot since I can't manage to get my old one off of TSR, and that's four years old anyways.  I hand-painted the eyebrows, moustache and gave him his own skin.  I rendered the nose so that it looked like David Suchet's, but kept the skin tone game-like so that it fit in with the look of the game and didn't look photo-skinny.

A bit of silly fun on my part.  Quite clearly, it's an alien.  I borrowed the hair-head mesh and the shiny sheen on the super-skinny body from someone on MTS2, which I'll be sure to find out if I ever manage to upload this one.   I'm still testing this one in game to see how it plays out.  For the most part, the teeth stay inside the head and the expressions look pretty good.  My sister remarked that it was incredibly creepy.  Looks *much* better in game, but I had to take out the neighbourhood I was playing her in cause it was glitchy as hell, four years old and not taking shots anymore, which was a bummer cause I like to have in-game storybook things going.   The skin-tone is complete and hand-painted, as are the eyes.

I like making darker and more outlandish make-up sometimes.   I've recently taken to listening to Nina Hagen, and I thought it would be insane fun to have her in my game.  So here she is:

I love this hair mesh!

Lipstick by me and the eyeshadow/eyeliner combo is also by me.  I'll be releasing a complete Nina Hagen Makeup Kit with the Sim.

Here's the eyeshadow in pink.   The hair is a boring mesh but I really couldn't find any outlandish enough for Nina, plus I was just trying to test out the makeup at this point to see if it looked like the real thing.

For those that have no idea who she is:

I love her insanity.

Last but not least:

My latest lip range.  I'm incredibly proud of this one.  I had a photo of some lips and I painted over it big time, working it over until it blended with the skins.  It's luscious and realistic but not photo-skinned.  Heavily Rensim inspired, as you can see.  I love their stuff.

Sorry about the mega post!  I can't wait to release this stuff!
« Last Edit: 2009 February 23, 16:43:36 by naceygirl » Logged

Awesims: My Sims 2 blog with stories, downloads and CC recommendations.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1933 on: 2009 February 23, 16:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It all looks interesting Smiley

www.thestormradio.com
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: 2009 February 23, 17:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like everything that I've seen on this page and look forward to adding it to my download folder hopefully sometime soon. Grin

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: