PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 00:48:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 875655 times)
Mheyin
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #1590 on: 2008 December 29, 23:48:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me either. The internets is against us, SoggyFox.

Yo-ho, haul together,
Hoist the colors high!
Heave-ho, thieves and beggars,
Never say we die!
EmilyTwitch
Mentally Retarded
ARR!

is still in 12-school...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1591 on: 2008 December 30, 00:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto.

Oh look, I get a speshul title. Thanks Pescado.
Artwork?
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: 2008 December 30, 01:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: 2008 December 30, 01:28:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me 3

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: 2008 December 30, 04:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They ain't showing up for me either anymore.  Don't tell me TSR finally got wise to the whole hot linking thing?

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Beth
ARR!

Random writing.

View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: 2008 December 30, 06:07:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bedding's up

http://toffee-pancakes.livejournal.com

Updated April 30th!
spunkysim
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: 2008 December 30, 19:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Beth, I love that bedding.  Great job.  I grabbed it, om nom nom.
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1597 on: 2008 December 30, 22:42:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm... I'm curious now, was size the issue of it tiling correctly?  Or just aligning it to come out right?  I'm always interested in other people's wall/floor making experiences, because very few people seem to actually care about how easy or difficult it is to make walls.  Or else they lie, like certain people at TSR who claim to hand paint all her walls/floors yet uses patterns I've seen elsewhere.

Well, I was taking some interesting looking paper scans and turning them into wallpaper.  I liked the patterns, and I though the fact that it was paper would lend it some realistic texture (and I was right), but several of them had complicated patterns so add in that + slight variations from physical scanning + the warp adjustments being a pain in the ass in PSP compared to the Photoshop ones in the tutorial I was following, and it was just a pain.

I later found out it was easier to just get it pretty close, do an offset, and then paste the pattern over the minor seam I had in the middle.  I'm pretty anal about the seams, too, which is funny because I have a couple walls that I like to use that other people have made with a little bit of visible seaming, and I don't mind.

Here are very quickly done previews, if you want to see them: 

The very first wall is the one I spent a couple hours on, trashed, and came back to later.  It was still a pain in the ass.  Others took no time at all, so I'm sure it was relative to the scanning job.  In retrospect, it might've been easier for me to copy paste the first one into a tiling texture than playing with the scanned texture.

I admire that you can work with the cloning tool.  I still don't know how that one works!  Grin
It has rather limited applications.  I mainly use it to edit out snippets of the action queue in screenshots, actually!  But on the wallpapers, I used it to replicate background texture near areas where I pasted bits over seams.  Since I wanted to keep the texture.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: 2008 December 30, 23:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're beautiful, Quinctia! I would definitely do those. I mean use those. Embarrassed

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: 2008 December 31, 05:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those wallpapers are lovely!  Smiley
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1600 on: 2008 December 31, 18:05:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those Wallpapers are fun.  Smiley I like them.  Think there's any way that you could make a plain choco brown one that matches the background on the prints, so I could do like a focal point wall in the print? 

I also totally downloaded that bedding. 

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
pinkyfriend
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: 2009 January 01, 02:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Love those beddings!
Oh & I 2nd the brown wall...and maybe an aqua one too  Kiss

"The internet is like a petri dish...you drop one stupid spore in and it just grows like crazy" - my son
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: 2009 January 01, 04:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I was taking some interesting looking paper scans and turning them into wallpaper.  I liked the patterns, and I though the fact that it was paper would lend it some realistic texture (and I was right), but several of them had complicated patterns so add in that + slight variations from physical scanning + the warp adjustments being a pain in the ass in PSP compared to the Photoshop ones in the tutorial I was following, and it was just a pain.

Ah, okay.  I thought you meant paper patterns you found on the net.  Now I can see where you would have had problems.  Making stuff seamless is a huge problem if you have a distinctive pattern.

I later found out it was easier to just get it pretty close, do an offset, and then paste the pattern over the minor seam I had in the middle.  I'm pretty anal about the seams, too, which is funny because I have a couple walls that I like to use that other people have made with a little bit of visible seaming, and I don't mind.

That's not funny at all.  It shows that you expect the best out of yourself, but you're willing to settle for less from others.  I think that's a good way to be. 

It has rather limited applications.  I mainly use it to edit out snippets of the action queue in screenshots, actually!  But on the wallpapers, I used it to replicate background texture near areas where I pasted bits over seams.  Since I wanted to keep the texture.

Well, I still admire your mastery of it.  And the papers really are lovely. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1603 on: 2009 January 01, 07:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm...I'm not sure if I could get an awesome matchy brown.  At the distance of the caps, it's hard to tell, but there is some texture among all the patterns, and I don't think the browns are necessarily the same.  I used more than one set of paper scans to do the wallpapers.  I obviously chose ones that made sense in a set, though, since it was a gift and I wanted it to make sense.

Since they are trimless, though, I bet they would go well along with a few of the walls from Hysterical Paroxysm's megaset of painted walls.  I might keep it in mind to make some plain walls to go with these, but they were made nearly a month ago now and if I make another project soonish, I'd like to get something in for the kids' theme on MTS2.  (I have a cute cartoon character I made up years ago that I want to make a shitload of stuff for.)  And there's the whole thing where I can never think of what kind of wall I want to make, the reason why I hadn't tried it before.  I only made these because I saw the paper first. XD

My secret santa person didn't mind me being a big sharing person, so I uploaded them to my personal space here if you'd like them.
crunk
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: 2009 January 01, 08:14:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to edit some make-up from GOS and decided to cross post it, because I rather like how its coming out.

Edits/recolors of jenfold's zigzag blushes.

...and MOAR
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: