PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:17:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 870123 times)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #1575 on: 2008 December 29, 00:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Again though, the big issue will always be wondering why Maxis never double sided the windows so they could be made in two different colors, one for inside, one for outside.  I wondered before if this was impossible (my knowledge of meshing and wrapping is pretty limited) but when Seasons came out, and it had two different textures, that told me it could be done.  Yet, it seems that those are the only windows that do it.
It's always been doable. It's just that no one bothers.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Beth
ARR!

Random writing.

View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: 2008 December 29, 01:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've made some Laura Ashley bedding.

Now, I've been thinking. Instead of spreading all of my creations everywhere, I would like to have them in one place, but don;t want a site to maintain, something like a blog or something.
Now, is it better to create a Wordpress site for this or to just create another username on LJ and upload my stuff there?
I was originally gonna continue to do it on Nouk's site but for some reason it's quietish there, plus I don't create too often, so feel a bit of a let down by not uploading regularly to keep the place busy.
Thoughts?

Updated April 30th!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1577 on: 2008 December 29, 01:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, those are wonderfully done!

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: 2008 December 29, 01:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's always been doable. It's just that no one bothers.

Eaxis, I can see not giving a damn, but I can't be the only person who gets annoyed by this and would like to see it done with two different colors for the texture. 

I've made some Laura Ashley bedding.

Oooh, lovely bedding.  I miss making bedding for my game. I used to use the Lucas bedding maker, but it won't work with Windows XP Pro Media edition.  A lot of stuff doesn't want to work with that version of XP, not just Sims stuff.  I'm starting to suspect that Microsoft left out an important piece of coding when they made the media edition. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
crunk
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: 2008 December 29, 01:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, is it better to create a Wordpress site for this or to just create another username on LJ and upload my stuff there?
I was originally gonna continue to do it on Nouk's site but for some reason it's quietish there, plus I don't create too often, so feel a bit of a let down by not uploading regularly to keep the place busy.
Thoughts?

From what I've seen LJ does have a good amount of networking going to get your stuff out there - people can add you as a friend and be notified instantly of updates. Wordpress, while hosting some good sites, doesn't have the same sort of social networking aspect. If you aren't worried about exposure, I'd go with wordpress only because I personally don't care for much of the social networking scene.

Beth
ARR!

Random writing.

View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: 2008 December 29, 02:48:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LJ it is then!
I shall make a new account tomorrow (I already have one, but it's a diary kinda one ;]) and shall upload the beddings on there :]
I am kinda pleased with the way these have turned out Cheesy

Updated April 30th!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1581 on: 2008 December 29, 03:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darq, HP has a bedding graphics file somewhere on MTS2 - its in layers so you can fiddle with it.  And might actually be more adaptable than Lucas', though I've not played with it as much myself.

www.thestormradio.com
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1582 on: 2008 December 29, 06:09:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darqstar -

I definitely wouldn't consider walls and floors amateur.  MTS2's tutorials say you should start with that for CC making as a beginner, but I think adding logos to t-shirts or making painting recolors is the easiest stuff to start with.

Anyway, I did a Secret Santa thing on LJ and one of the parts of my present was wallpaper.  My first attempt took two hours and I ended up trashing it.  (I had a high-res, tileable texture.  I just could not get it to be perfectly seamless!)  I was laughing a bit to myself that I can paint a decent texture from scratch, but I couldn't crop and warp one image properly.  XD  I eventually figured out, but I did a LOT of copy pasting and clone tool work in the end on those things, so I was probably still doing something the hard way.

I love wood and tile floors.  Make as much as you want, I will probably use it all!
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1583 on: 2008 December 29, 14:41:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do let us know when that bedding is up.  I have a real bedding addiction.  I can't get enough of it ever.   

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
eternal_darkness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: 2008 December 29, 16:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im sooo tempted to start creating CC, but by the time I get the hang of it, Sims 3 will be out Tongue

The World Will Look Up and Shout, “Save Us!” And I’ll Look Down and Whisper, “No.”
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: 2008 December 29, 16:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I understand, most of us will still be playing Sims 2 then; so create away!  Cheesy

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: 2008 December 29, 17:39:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do let us know when that bedding is up.  I have a real bedding addiction.  I can't get enough of it ever.

Cheesy'ed. Sorry.  Wink
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: 2008 December 29, 18:09:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darq, HP has a bedding graphics file somewhere on MTS2 - its in layers so you can fiddle with it.  And might actually be more adaptable than Lucas', though I've not played with it as much myself.

Hm... I'll have to try to hunt that down, thanks for the suggestion!

Darqstar -

I definitely wouldn't consider walls and floors amateur.  MTS2's tutorials say you should start with that for CC making as a beginner, but I think adding logos to t-shirts or making painting recolors is the easiest stuff to start with.

Recolors can be scary because you have to open SimPE.   Grin   The thing with walls and floors is that they can be a simple or hard as anyone wants them.  Thus, they can talk a lot of time and talent or very little time and talent.   Walls especially.  You can throw a flood fill color on a wall and it really doesn't look bad in the game.  Some of my favorite walls are simple colored walls.  Floors, it's a little harder to just throw a color down, but I've seen people just add a little "noise" and call it "Carpet."   But, on the other hand, if you draw out your texture, or work in layers, or hand draw your trim, then the wall is going to be more complicated.  Some people don't realize this, they think that if you can make one wall easily, you can make any wall easily.

Like this wall:

This wall took me about four hours to make, because I started with just a picture of a slab of wood and did the rest by shading.  The trim on the bottom part was a pain in the ass, and involved a lot of breaking down into one pixel at a time and doing formulas and math.  Most people probably can't tell how much time it took me, or even care.  But I'm still proud of that wall and I know that it shows the best I can do.  And if one person is using it and loves it and thinks it added something nice to their game, then I'm happy.

The floor I made to match it I like even better:

Yes, I know, I'm showing off, I admit it.  But that was the first time I ever "carved" up different pieces of wood and then put them together so they would make that floor.  Ironically, I also made a simple "straight floorboard" version too, that took me all of about five minutes to make.  Guess which one got more downloads? 

Anyway, I did a Secret Santa thing on LJ and one of the parts of my present was wallpaper.  My first attempt took two hours and I ended up trashing it.  (I had a high-res, tileable texture.  I just could not get it to be perfectly seamless!)  I was laughing a bit to myself that I can paint a decent texture from scratch, but I couldn't crop and warp one image properly.  XD  I eventually figured out, but I did a LOT of copy pasting and clone tool work in the end on those things, so I was probably still doing something the hard way.

Hm... I'm curious now, was size the issue of it tiling correctly?  Or just aligning it to come out right?  I'm always interested in other people's wall/floor making experiences, because very few people seem to actually care about how easy or difficult it is to make walls.  Or else they lie, like certain people at TSR who claim to hand paint all her walls/floors yet uses patterns I've seen elsewhere. 

I admire that you can work with the cloning tool.  I still don't know how that one works!  Grin

I love wood and tile floors.  Make as much as you want, I will probably use it all!

*laughs* I've been thinking about it.   I still think I want to do some recolors on some Maxis stuff and make a bathroom that goes with the peach walls and floor.  That's usually how I end up making room sets, I make a wall or a floor and start designing the room around it. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1588 on: 2008 December 29, 18:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy'ed. Sorry.  Wink

You lol to your little heart's content.  You know it's true.  I gotta have moar bedding. 

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1589 on: 2008 December 29, 23:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Odd - for some reason new images aren't showing up for me.

www.thestormradio.com
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: