PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:09:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 869909 times)
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #1470 on: 2008 December 12, 03:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for the lamp You're right. It doesn't line up and I didn't even notice.  Embarrassed We can turn that part to the back, right?  Cheesy

Cheesy I guess that would work as well.

Oolong, the jewelry is gorgeous! And so is the sim! Any plans on sharing both?

Thank you so much! Kiss  Sure!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yyjmrj0md0y/Erin.Sims2Pack
The jewelry meshes are Dr. Pixel: http://www.mediafire.com/?rejtzdztjtm   and Liana Sims 2 - JS1 in the accesories/sets section  http://www.lianasims2.net/
The eyes are my own edits based off Anva's eyes. I made a nose mask. The rest of the credits are here:

« Last Edit: 2008 December 12, 06:49:13 by oolongteadrinker » Logged
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: 2008 December 12, 03:51:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've made a new lot/house. This one is different from any others I've done....er, except for one other one that hasn't been posted anywhere YET. (*ahem*) Here's a looky:

And here's a linky for those who'd like it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?lwiyny5h1ow

P.S. I like the jewelry and the furniture. Wish I coud do that stuff!  Smiley
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1472 on: 2008 December 12, 08:11:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like some feedback on some hair retexturing I'm doing.

Seems like my handpainting style fits "best" with the whole Maxis match thing, and I have been seeing a lot of textures about that claim to be Maxisy without really being much besides bright filter-fucking.  (Filter-fucking has its places, but those places are usually not as the foundation of anything.)  So I figured I'd do a couple retexts of some older hairs that needed some sort of retexturing anyway.

This is XM 25, and I think I'm nearly done with it.  I want to make the ends of the alpha a little less blunt, but I did make the alpha chunkier to mesh with the Maxisy style.

The questions for this one are simple.  Is the hair clip okay?  And do you agree with me on being done except for tweaking the alpha?  XD

The next one is an older free mesh of Gappy's that I've always had an inexplicable fondness for.  However, I realize now why there haven't really been any good attempts at retexturing it.  The mapping stretches the texture.

I plan to chunk out the alpha a bit if I do more with the hair.  My question is is the texture already too crunchy with the stretching, or is it tolerable?  And then I'm again not 100% sure on the accessory, with both of these I slapped on a stock texture I already had just to make it look finished enough to go looking for advice!
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: 2008 December 12, 15:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm no expert on texturing, but maybe the blorp tool will help fit the texture in different areas without making it look too pixelized?

They look nice as they are. I'd call them good and finished.  but if you want to tweak them more, that's obviously your choice.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: 2008 December 12, 16:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Oolong.  Smiley

Quinctia, the textures seem nice, but seem a little flat. Maybe the low lights that define the strands of the hair need to be a little bit darker. Kinda like these:

http://pics.livejournal.com/aeliaa/pic/000081e8

The first hair I don't really see anything to improve on, but the second hair, I don't think the texture is to crunchy, so maybe defining the texture a bit more will help it, because some parts do look a little blurry. But again, you said that could be the bad mapping. And I do love the hairband.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: 2008 December 12, 16:26:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How many polys are they, btw? Now that I think of it, isn't there a website that keeps track of polys of paysite stuff?
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1476 on: 2008 December 12, 18:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got the highlights and stuff on a separate layer, so I can definitely tweak that.  I've always been really subtle with shading and all that, I always worry that it looks excessive and then it doesn't.

The bun hair, it's perhaps a little hard to tell, but it's painted in the right direction and everything to fit the mesh, it just got stretched.  In the texture, I painted it about as fine as the texture on the bangs.  :/

Oolong, I don't know the polys of the hairs offhand, but as they're both kind old, I don't think they're too high.
pinkyfriend
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: 2008 December 13, 01:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know a thing about texturing & such, but I like the way they look...especially the first one.  I also really like the accessories...again the 1st especially because I like the small clip.

"The internet is like a petri dish...you drop one stupid spore in and it just grows like crazy" - my son
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: 2008 December 13, 03:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got the highlights and stuff on a separate layer, so I can definitely tweak that.  I've always been really subtle with shading and all that, I always worry that it looks excessive and then it doesn't.

The bun hair, it's perhaps a little hard to tell, but it's painted in the right direction and everything to fit the mesh, it just got stretched.  In the texture, I painted it about as fine as the texture on the bangs.  :/

I would just darken the low lights by just a tad though. They aren't to far off, but if they were darker it would define your highlights better, define the strands better, and give the hair a bit more of a 3-d look. I'm sure if your questioning how dark it should go, just post some picture like here and GOS and some other places to get multiple opinions.  Smiley

And about the bun, when you put it that way, I can definitely tell the stretching. I wouldn't know how to fix that, unless the hair needs remapping, which would suck to do majorly.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
CJane
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: 2008 December 14, 03:53:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've made Bella so Edward wouldn't be without his companion:

Will be available for download at S2A as soon as things get back up and going again. I'll let you know when it's ready and waiting for those interested.

Special thanks to Missbonbon for helping me find a suitable (nay, perfect!) hair for her. Smiley
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: 2008 December 14, 03:57:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She's purty.  Smiley I have a weird thing with sim noses. I like my sim's nose to be defined, whether it's contour, or with freckles or whatever. With that, I'm wondering if her nose is makeup or the skintone itself?

CJane
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: 2008 December 14, 04:00:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She's purty.  Smiley I have a weird thing with sim noses. I like my sim's nose to be defined, whether it's contour, or with freckles or whatever. With that, I'm wondering if her nose is makeup or the skintone itself?

Overlays, and a lot of fiddling in Bodyshop for the right shape and contours. It wasn't the skintone. I worked a lot on it, lol.
pinkyfriend
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: 2008 December 14, 04:24:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amazing work CJane
These 2 sims are very download worthy whether one has seen the movie or not.

"The internet is like a petri dish...you drop one stupid spore in and it just grows like crazy" - my son
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: 2008 December 14, 05:12:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These 2 sims are very download worthy whether one has seen the movie or not.

Agreed! I'm not a Twilight fan but I'm drooling over them both. They're so pretty.  Tongue
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1484 on: 2008 December 14, 05:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, for those who wanted my winter walls, the ones with the snowflakes, you can get them at my new site here - http://www.thefoxsden.simlogical.com/

Its only the one page for the moment, while I try and move, knit christmas presents and do other end of year, holiday things, but this is a holiday set so, needs to be shared now, not sometime next year.

So, enjoy!

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: