PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:10:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 870137 times)
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #1380 on: 2008 December 07, 23:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooer, can you imagine that gorgeous bed with a black wood frame and a bright white and red design on the quilt? It would be so nommable!

I do like the creams and tans though. Calalily, I want!!  Kiss

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: 2008 December 08, 01:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love that bed. I hope you will make it as comfortable and restful as the most expensive bed, because I'll want to use it a lot! I also hope you'll make it expensive, because I want my Sims to have to work for it Grin.

I could go with the comfortable and restful, but expensive? I usually start off my simmies dirt poor, because of how easy it is to make money in The Sims. How about in the middle and just have it average priced?

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: 2008 December 08, 03:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In agreement with Deelink about the black frame color option. But IRL, I think the bed would be modestly pricey. Unless Ikea is holding out on us for stuff like that bed.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1383 on: 2008 December 08, 06:44:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks guys.   Kiss It will be a bit, because I have accompanying furniture. Smiley

Ooer, can you imagine that gorgeous bed with a black wood frame and a bright white and red design on the quilt? It would be so nommable!

Black, with red, purple and emerald green is the aim.  This is currently being worked on.  Smiley

I could go with the comfortable and restful, but expensive? I usually start off my simmies dirt poor, because of how easy it is to make money in The Sims. How about in the middle and just have it average priced?

Moderately priced - it's not going to be $10,000 but it will have high comfortability - not cheap as such but not wildly expensive. I think what neriana wants is not the old trick of getting it down to the bottom of the catalogue by pricing it at $20, so you see my bed first. I never do that anyway - gets things gunked up.  Wink

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Kaitlyn
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: 2008 December 08, 09:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At this point in the model, map it - because it's not going to be a different texture ruffle to ruffle, and this will make your life easier later.

Sorry, a little off topic, but I wanted to thank you for pointing this out.  I've spent countless hours trying to ever-so-carefully stack UV maps of identical pieces of a mesh so they would all share the same area of the texture, when all along I could have just mapped the first bugger and duplicated it as many times as needed.  I wish this trick would have been pointed out to me eight months ago.  It probably was and I just didn't notice - I'm not the most observant nut in the sack, after all.   Roll Eyes
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1385 on: 2008 December 08, 09:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At this point in the model, map it - because it's not going to be a different texture ruffle to ruffle, and this will make your life easier later.

Sorry, a little off topic, but I wanted to thank you for pointing this out.  I've spent countless hours trying to ever-so-carefully stack UV maps of identical pieces of a mesh so they would all share the same area of the texture, when all along I could have just mapped the first bugger and duplicated it as many times as needed.  I wish this trick would have been pointed out to me eight months ago.  It probably was and I just didn't notice - I'm not the most observant nut in the sack, after all.   Roll Eyes

I too do that - or used to - but then I figured out how EA did it - they have compromised meshing which makes their lives easier. So I copied. Cheesy And this time I was thinking about how many groups I'd end up with. Tongue You're welcome.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Kaitlyn
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: 2008 December 08, 11:35:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol!  That's how I figured it out, too.   Cheesy  Only that was, maybe, a one and a half months ago when I started messing with Maxis meshes in depth and using pieces of them with the accompanied texture, and by then I had already built many, many meshes in Blender that were a nightmare to map.  There was much face palming going on when I realized how much less work was involved doing it the Maxis way.  They actually got it right this time!  Hopefully many newbie meshers out here will read your tutorial and get a better start than we did. 

By the way, your bed is very pretty.  I would totally om nom nom that for my simmies.   Smiley
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: 2008 December 08, 16:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In agreement with Deelink about the black frame color option. But IRL, I think the bed would be modestly pricey. Unless Ikea is holding out on us for stuff like that bed.

Actually my bed is similar and I spent maybe $400 dollars on the blankets, pillows, sheets, a wicker basket set, and a matching lamp. The frame and mattresses would probably be 2-3 grand. But the frame and mattresses were presents from my boyfriends parents, so it could be more than that.

Moderately priced - it's not going to be $10,000 but it will have high comfortability - not cheap as such but not wildly expensive. I think what neriana wants is not the old trick of getting it down to the bottom of the catalogue by pricing it at $20, so you see my bed first. I never do that anyway - gets things gunked up.  Wink

Awesome. Thank you.  Smiley I never really understood why people liked that trick? Yes it made finding things easier, but eventually everything will be priced dirt poor and it's just as hard to find it at the bottom/top as it was when it was mixed in the catalog.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
CJane
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: 2008 December 08, 16:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My daughter and her friends are big fans, and the movie was pretty good...so I decided to start creating the houses and characters from the movie Twilight. Not done with everything/everyone, but here's what I'm finished with so far:

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1389 on: 2008 December 08, 16:53:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How come I cannot build lots and make sims like this?  What is wrong with me?

Excellent!  I cannot wait to see them up.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1390 on: 2008 December 08, 17:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CJane my daughter is going to love you! Although, if I have to hear her go on about how awesomely beautiful Edward Cullen is again, some more, I'm going to get stabby.

I loved the movie too. Shut up!

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1391 on: 2008 December 08, 17:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

awesomely beautiful Edward Cullen

He will always be Cederic Diggory to me.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: 2008 December 08, 18:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too, Paleo.  Cheesy

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
CJane
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: 2008 December 08, 19:23:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How come I cannot build lots and make sims like this?  What is wrong with me?

Excellent!  I cannot wait to see them up.

I'll help you with building if you help me with meshes, deal? I was actually learning to do meshes before I took my extended hiatus. I will have to learn everything from the ground up again. Time for me to hit some tutorials. Heh.

Thanks, I'll let you know when they are up!

CJane my daughter is going to love you! Although, if I have to hear her go on about how awesomely beautiful Edward Cullen is again, some more, I'm going to get stabby.

Grin My daughter is the same way, LOL.

I felt like I was transported back to age 14 when I saw the movie. I liked it. I can't help it.

He will always be Cederic Diggory to me.

It's really funny, my daughter is a huge Harry Potter fan, but she seems to be able to ignore the fact that Robert Pattinson was also Cedric Diggory. I think picturing him as Cedric Doggory is common for most people. He made a good vampire in the movie, though, IMO.
original_sim
Landlubber

Damn it feels good to be a pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: 2008 December 08, 23:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Want Cullen House! I usually hate my houses I create.That one's gorgeous.

"I believe you have my stapler..."

Milton, Office Space 1999
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: