PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 16:36:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 873694 times)
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #1350 on: 2008 December 05, 16:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How did I miss the new bed!?!?!?

Cala that is fantastic! It looks a lot like my bed, except mine's a green/yellow/dark green plaid. I definitely love it and I think Mando and Quinctia have given you great advice.  Smiley Now my only question, will it be repository, or will it require separate recolors?

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1351 on: 2008 December 05, 16:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You wanted separate recolours, and because of the pillows, I don't think it *could* be repository, unless you like Pythagorean colour decoration.  Cheesy

I know - how lucky am I to have them both at my fingertips when I post.  Tongue

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: 2008 December 05, 16:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley Yay! I can't wait to have it in my game. My last request, but since it will require separate recolors, could you maybe use these beddings on it:

http://calalily.sublimesims.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50&Itemid=102
7th down on the far right

http://calalily.sublimesims.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=44&Itemid=96
8th down with the fishes

http://calalily.sublimesims.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=45&Itemid=97
3rd down, grey one with the flowers

http://calalily.sublimesims.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=98
5th down, the white and orange one on the far left

That's all for now, seeing as I have to go off to work.  Sad And maybe could you do one of those yellow/red/blue things that some creators do to make recoloring easier? I think I might want to try converting some of my favorite bedding onto it. I'm sorry if I'm overloading you, but that bed makes me squee with joy.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1353 on: 2008 December 05, 16:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have similar textures to that already lined up - I just want something different. Cheesy

And I will make a little easy to recolour model - and I almost always include the UV maps. Smiley

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1354 on: 2008 December 05, 20:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those ruffles are freaking hot.  Teach me!

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: 2008 December 06, 03:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have similar textures to that already lined up - I just want something different. Cheesy

And I will make a little easy to recolour model - and I almost always include the UV maps. Smiley

Have my babies. Please.  Smiley

calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1356 on: 2008 December 06, 05:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude - it's so easy you'll be putting ruffles on everything.

Here's a link to a bigger picture if you need it: http://i38.tinypic.com/ou7hbl.jpg

1. Make a sphere with 10 stacks. I left the slices at 12 - no need for more.

2. Cut its bum off so that it's a section - do it in parts because you might accidentally delete more than you want because it's a sphere.

3. Once its bum is cut off it will have no back - but that's okay

4. Cut its head and tail off, so without the spherityness it looks roughly like a square. *Don't try to spherify planes to skip to this step - they just get harsh*

5. Spread its vertices out to totally square - I select by individual vertex and move it, rather than scaling, which can take longer.  At this point in the model, map it - because it's not going to be a different texture ruffle to ruffle, and this will make your life easier later.

6. CTRL+A to select all, CTRL+D to duplicate selection, move it, and for a little less uniformity, don't move it exactly (of course this is my Pythagorean idea of less uniformity Tongue ) and then select each vertex that corresponds with the others and CTRL+N to snap them together.

7. Once you've made it as long as you need to make it (e.g. the length of the bed) select the whole thing and then duplicate again.  Don't move it or anything - just Reverse Vertex Order to put a back on it.

8. Select the bottom row and pull it up to even with the next row up - this will give it a nice finish, make the bottom flat, while hiding the bottom of the mesh

9. Straighten the top. Regroup at your leisure.

10. Done. Now some randomising like mando and Quinctia suggested - what I found to be most effective was to select a section and rotate it.  Smiley

And for those of you who find this after tinypic has deleted the picture, the tutorial is now up on my site

Have my babies. Please.  Smiley

No more babies for me.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2008 December 06, 09:48:35 by calalily » Logged

Visit Calalilysims

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1357 on: 2008 December 06, 06:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hell, that's a lot easier than my method for making pleats and the like.  What I do is get a plane that has a ton of sections [ via blender ], map it, then mold it about as if it were fabric.

Hmmm - wonder how mixing it would work...

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1358 on: 2008 December 06, 06:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hell, that's a lot easier than my method for making pleats and the like.  What I do is get a plane that has a ton of sections [ via blender ], map it, then mold it about as if it were fabric.

Hmmm - wonder how mixing it would work...

Huzzah! I don't know how you can use planes without taking up a lot more polys.  Plus I found that it's so much more difficult - with the sphere, that plane is already pre-rounded. This way is fairly low poly - and I'm always concerned about polys.

Visit Calalilysims

Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: 2008 December 06, 06:45:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin Cala, you rock!

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: 2008 December 06, 07:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like it, and it's much improved over the original. I still think the bed texture could use a bit of work (am I ever satisfied?!). The wood grain looks a little large for the size of the bed (although it could have been a giant tree Cheesy), and could probably be shrunk down a bit. I like the fact that you've started to think about defining the edges of the furniture, but I think the line may be a bit harsh. It could probably be helped by a bit of smudging, colour layering and blending. In terms of detail, I'm thinking it could use a few more light cracks, knots and the like. Even wood on an expensive, fancy bed is going to have some character. I'll use an example of a wood texture that I made some (a long, heh) time ago. Sorry the picture is so tiny!

You can see that I've darkened the edges slightly in order to define them from the rest of the wood and to highlight other objects. I've also added layers of cracking in order to build up definition and detail in the wood. Obviously, the wood I made here is meant to be distressed and messy, so you wouldn't have to go this far; however, layering up and adding detail and distressed areas will make a big difference to the success of the texture in the end. I know you hate texturing but it's the little things like this that will give it more depth, and maybe you'll, er, grow to love it at some point in the future. Cheesy
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1361 on: 2008 December 06, 07:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew there was a reason I saved it in layers and called it temp texture Cheesy Will do. 

Visit Calalilysims

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1362 on: 2008 December 06, 14:05:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And it is obvious, once you see how.  All I had to do was look at the picture and I went, D'oh! 

You so rock.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1363 on: 2008 December 06, 15:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And it is obvious, once you see how.  All I had to do was look at the picture and I went, D'oh! 

You so rock.

I spent a lot of time thinking about the shapes that they use.  Some of the complex meshes you see around - it's hard to figure out how they are done.  Painstakingly moving 3000 vertices - not so fun - and it's difficult to get a feel for where the hell you're supposed to move them.  And of course, I suspect many I've pondered over are plundered from modelling sites, rather than built from the ground up.

I also made another tutorial (never thought I'd have anything to tute at all Tongue ) on how to make swathes for another little shortcut I used involving cyclinders.  I'll think about tubes too. Cheesy .

You know I hate you for telling me mando, but you are right. Cheesy How's this?

Visit Calalilysims

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1364 on: 2008 December 06, 15:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well - I'll admit I got carried away with subdividing my last attempt - you can get good shaping though from about 36-64 sections though - and part of my high poly count on the second attempt was from making it two sides.  Once I get my pictures and finish up my page, I'll get back to work on it, likely right at the first of the year - got a few presents to knit up first.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: