PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:09:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 870167 times)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #1335 on: 2008 December 05, 06:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quick Mando revisions:

The pillows are all leaning on the headboard at nearly the same angle, so perhaps having them not all so vertical will help with the regularity.  They could still be symmetrically arranged between left and right like you have them, plenty of people make their bed like that, but I don't know that they'd rest all like that without a couple falling down more flat.  If that makes any sense.

It does - I'll do that - shift them around a bit, change the way that they sit there. Smiley

I can actually see the bedframe mesh working out if you found or painted a texture that was solid wood with designs carved into it.  Perhaps lower the crest of the headboard a tad, and I think I've even slept in a bed that looked like that before!

Designs carved into it - that's a nice idea. Smiley I'll try to do something about the frame - but that will take longer than the pillows tweaking.  Cheesy

I really like the way the bedskirt looks behind the footboard.

Change for your perusal.   Smiley

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1336 on: 2008 December 05, 06:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, I like the whole bedskirt, calalily. Really nice. And I like that the pillows all have different fabrics.

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: 2008 December 05, 07:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, there we are! The pillows are now looking more like they would be filled with feathers instead of foam (although I'd still recommend you go even further with them; hold back your Pythagorasness and really punch those pillows down! Cheesy). I'm with Quinctia on the arrangement of them, I think it'll cut down that overly exact quality.

I'm liking the bed skirt much better (although still maybe a bit too repeated). Try kicking up (well moving forward and up, I guess) a few of the polys on the bottom, and add a few lights folds and dents through the middle (again, it looks like you should have enough polys for it).
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1338 on: 2008 December 05, 07:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now with less regular pillows, and lowered headboard (which I think makes it look better) as advised by Quinctia.

I'm liking the bed skirt much better (although still maybe a bit too repeated). Try kicking up (well moving forward and up, I guess) a few of the polys on the bottom, and add a few lights folds and dents through the middle (again, it looks like you should have enough polys for it).

And this will be my next revision Revision is go *feels lucky she's being doubleteamed by Quinctia and mando - could you ask for better advice!  Cheesy

Note: frame texture will be changed once the shape is right.   Smiley
« Last Edit: 2008 December 05, 07:39:11 by calalily » Logged

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1339 on: 2008 December 05, 08:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*dives into pillows*

Yeah, I'd say it looks more real now. Cheesy  I think the headboard looks better in that position, too.  Before it didn't seem quite symmetrical enough with the other end of the bed, and now the frame looks more cohesive.

I think I'm going to head to bed now.  I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I've been completely done in by a texture I wanted to make into a wallpaper.  I just couldn't quite get it seamless, and I got so sick of copying and pasting and layers, I just tossed it all out!  XD
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: 2008 December 05, 08:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah lovely! Now there's a bed skirt I can get behind Grin, and the pillows look great (much more natural and relaxed). The slightly rumpled look makes a big difference; still a big, beautiful bed, but a big, beautiful bed that actually looks like it could be (and is) used. I like the headboard in the new position as well, much less overwhelming this way.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1341 on: 2008 December 05, 08:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*dives into pillows*

Yay!

I think I'm going to head to bed now.  I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I've been completely done in by a texture I wanted to make into a wallpaper.  I just couldn't quite get it seamless, and I got so sick of copying and pasting and layers, I just tossed it all out!  XD

*Pats Quinctia* I do that - spend time and then hate myself for it.  

Ah lovely! Now there's a bed skirt I can get behind Grin, and the pillows look great (much more natural and relaxed). The slightly rumpled look makes a big difference; still a big, beautiful bed, but a big, beautiful bed that actually looks like it could be (and is) used. I like the headboard in the new position as well, much less overwhelming this way.

Huzzah! Success! Turned out the key was up, out and in and rotate. Cheesy Now to textures (the bit I hate Tongue )

Visit Calalilysims

deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: 2008 December 05, 09:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy crap Cala!

WANT! It's awesome!  Kiss

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1343 on: 2008 December 05, 09:55:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy crap Cala!

WANT! It's awesome!  Kiss

Kiss Thanks Deelink. And thank Missbonbon - it's all that discussion of beds that did it.

As to the texture - does this look better?

*also shows the other side of the ruffles for perusal and tips.  Smiley

Visit Calalilysims

putti
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: 2008 December 05, 12:16:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohh...I like the bed and the texture on the wooden part,
but why do the edges of the pillows have that grey around them?

Beth
ARR!

Random writing.

View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: 2008 December 05, 13:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The imager was taken in the programme Cala uses to mesh stuff, so it looks a bit grey because of that :]

Updated April 30th!
Simsbaby
Landlubber

INTP - I DID do it!

View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: 2008 December 05, 14:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The wood looks awesome now. It has a really nice distressed quality to it, reminds me of my desk.  Smiley
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1347 on: 2008 December 05, 14:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that a full bed mesh, or just something to go over a maxis bed?  I'm curious.

And I like it very much.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: 2008 December 05, 14:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just going to have to stalk this thread to grab that bed up as soon as it's done. That looks fantastic, Cala!

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1349 on: 2008 December 05, 15:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Milkshape renders hard shadow.

The wood looks awesome now. It has a really nice distressed quality to it, reminds me of my desk.  Smiley

Huzzah! That's the look I was hoping to achieve.  Smiley

Is that a full bed mesh, or just something to go over a maxis bed?  I'm curious.

And I like it very much.

Well, I'm undecided as to how I'm going to deal with it - as it stands at the moment, it has all the bits to make it a full bed. Thanks.  Kiss

I'm just going to have to stalk this thread to grab that bed up as soon as it's done. That looks fantastic, Cala!

Stalk my signature - once the current 100% disappears (into just "Visit Calalilysims"), you'll know I'm getting ready for an update, and when it says something new, then is the time to click, click, click! It's usually something topical around the forum.  Smiley

Visit Calalilysims

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: