PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:31:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 869845 times)
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #1305 on: 2008 November 28, 15:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like the seat part, with the wide band and thin metal seat.  But the backs and sides look they are defying gravity to me.  Realistically they wouldn't hold weight.  The design of it though is really nice. 

The table however, looks really good and sturdy.  Smiley

That seat part?  Take that and scale it to a bedframe and throw a mattress on it.  Then add cables at an angle to make it look like an attached bunk.  And clone Inge's wall bunk beds.  Tongue  That would be cool.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1306 on: 2008 November 28, 15:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like the seat part, with the wide band and thin metal seat.  But the backs and sides look they are defying gravity to me.  Realistically they wouldn't hold weight.  The design of it though is really nice. 

The table however, looks really good and sturdy.  Smiley

That seat part?  Take that and scale it to a bedframe and throw a mattress on it.  Then add cables at an angle to make it look like an attached bunk.  And clone Inge's wall bunk beds.  Tongue  That would be cool.

It's all planes - so the base just looks sturdy - but you're the same as me - the backs look flimsy. 

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1307 on: 2008 November 28, 16:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its almost a shame you are thinking of scrapping the set - but I can understand not wanting to go back in and attempt to give it more substance.  It does look too flimsy to be real, but the design is absolutely lovely.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1308 on: 2008 November 28, 16:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its almost a shame you are thinking of scrapping the set - but I can understand not wanting to go back in and attempt to give it more substance.  It does look too flimsy to be real, but the design is absolutely lovely.

Nah - I'll just modify the mesh and do something else with it. Smiley Just at the moment, my passion is for another set I'm working on. Smiley

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: 2008 November 28, 17:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cala, I like the idea, but it just doesn't look right to me. To echo what everyone has already said, it looks to flimsy and of course as you know flat. I like how the backs are butterflies, so maybe if you move the butterfly up and put normal legs on the bench/chair it might look a tad sturdier. Maybe if you try to make a version in wood it might help as well. Like having the backs, legs, and arm rests in the iron, and then the seating part like a normal bench. And one last thing, if you made it so the butterfly and seat could be recolored separately I'm sure lots of lovely colorful recolors would come of it as well.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: 2008 November 28, 17:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do like the table. Maybe you could upload that?
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1311 on: 2008 November 28, 17:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cala, I like the idea, but it just doesn't look right to me. To echo what everyone has already said, it looks to flimsy and of course as you know flat. I like how the backs are butterflies, so maybe if you move the butterfly up and put normal legs on the bench/chair it might look a tad sturdier. Maybe if you try to make a version in wood it might help as well. Like having the backs, legs, and arm rests in the iron, and then the seating part like a normal bench. And one last thing, if you made it so the butterfly and seat could be recolored separately I'm sure lots of lovely colorful recolors would come of it as well.

I think that's a good idea - I was stupidly trying to make it more compatible for recolouring with different patterns, and fucked it completely.  I'll put on a solid base, and some armrests, and make the back a flat butterfly I think - maybe slightly curved.

I do like the table. Maybe you could upload that?

No problem. Cheesy But I'm going to fix the slight sinking thing going on with those legs - they dip slightly into the ground. Due to the blackness of the mesh you can't see it well.

Visit Calalilysims

Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1312 on: 2008 November 28, 18:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also really like the table, while thinking the seating looks a bit too flimsy.

The table does look like one of those wrought-iron bistro tables.  If you come back to the seating later, it'd also be cool to see what it would look like if you could add a glass tabletop to that table.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: 2008 November 28, 18:50:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's a good idea - I was stupidly trying to make it more compatible for recolouring with different patterns, and fucked it completely.  I'll put on a solid base, and some armrests, and make the back a flat butterfly I think - maybe slightly curved.

Don't you just love it when things go wrong?  Cheesy I can't tell you how many bodyshop projects I have going of experiments I have given up on due to failure.

I also really like the table, while thinking the seating looks a bit too flimsy.

The table does look like one of those wrought-iron bistro tables.  If you come back to the seating later, it'd also be cool to see what it would look like if you could add a glass tabletop to that table.

Ooohh I didn't think about that. That is a good idea. Maybe even a stained glass version too. Or Maybe do a round glass but with a burned in picture of a butterfly to fit in with the theme.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1314 on: 2008 November 28, 19:13:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On top of the flower pattern there?

Visit Calalilysims

Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1315 on: 2008 November 28, 19:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I was thinking of the sort of stippled glass that's common in outdoor sets.  It already looks like there's a lip meshed on the edge of the tabletop for it to fit within.

Of course, I'm not a mesher, and I've seen people have issues doing glass in the past, so I don't know how hard that is.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1316 on: 2008 November 28, 19:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I was thinking of the sort of stippled glass that's common in outdoor sets.  It already looks like there's a lip meshed on the edge of the tabletop for it to fit within.

Of course, I'm not a mesher, and I've seen people have issues doing glass in the past, so I don't know how hard that is.

No that's easy - I just uploaded a new outdoor set with a glass tabletop. Cheesy I like that idea - thank you.  Kiss

Visit Calalilysims

pinkyfriend
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: 2008 November 28, 23:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the seat part. Would def dl if the backs were a little thicker looking!

"The internet is like a petri dish...you drop one stupid spore in and it just grows like crazy" - my son
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: 2008 November 29, 05:31:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok so I have the sim made that I think I want to use. I need to see how everyone does their designs to see if she will fit in. She's very goofy, and hopefully sunday I will get some screenshots up. If there is anything in particular someone wants in a sim let me know before I finalize her.

mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: 2008 November 29, 06:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few pages or so back, I posted pics of this house and was asked when it would be available. If you want it, it's now available here: http://www.sublimesims.net/
 Grin
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: