PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:24:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 869825 times)
fway
ARR!

ESTP

View Profile
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #1035 on: 2008 November 03, 08:50:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd definitely say to NOT upload that couch to TSR. It's got a very nice shape to it!

Yay Recolors!

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1036 on: 2008 November 03, 08:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've got a very eclectic taste there Mr Boddy. Cheesy Your picture is very cool. 

Don't even joke about TSR taking it.   Grin     

Agreed.  I like it - I see your point about mismatching sizes - I'm too mathematical to mismatch on purpose.  But I think tilting that pillow and all those other things make it look much more like a real couch.  Cheesy I also *love* that suedeish sort of texture you've used in the first picture. Makes me want to stroke it. Tongue

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: 2008 November 03, 10:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the cushions on the original picture, nice and big. It gives the couch a "winged" look. Is this difficult to recreate for the Sims?

Either way, it was inspiration right? And I really like your take on it tomato Smiley Nomnomnom. Where will it be available? MTS2?

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1038 on: 2008 November 03, 11:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the cushions on the original picture, nice and big. It gives the couch a "winged" look. Is this difficult to recreate for the Sims?

Either way, it was inspiration right? And I really like your take on it tomato Smiley Nomnomnom. Where will it be available? MTS2?

Thanks guys.  I do need to do some more work on it.  I am not that happy with the front of the seat cushions.  I might have to rebuild those.  This was mostly an exercise for myself.  I am woefully out of practice.

Cala-that suedeish texture is probably going to be the default texture once I clean that up too.  I like it as well. 

Recreating for the sims is interesting.  The first loveseat I made was more like the inspiration picture, but once everything was sized to match the cloned mesh, the proportions became different.  The seat cushions, for example, became taller.  I could make them shorter, but then the bottom would have to be resized to compensate.  I decided that would look weird. 

I have no idea where I will upload this-maybe just here for now. If I decide to do more stuff, I will look for a permanent home.  I have a special love for MTS2, but the weird adverts are kind of turning me off.  I hate getting the big black ad, even with adblocker. 
I'd definitely say to NOT upload that couch to TSR. It's got a very nice shape to it!

Yay Recolors!

Love the pics you took and the recolors!  Makes me sad that my computer won't handle some of the newer EP's.  I was just joking about TSR-no way in hell I would upload dog poop there.  They never did get my gargoyle skin that I have up at MTS2 and that makes me happier than you could know.  Procrastination FTW.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Azaya
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: 2008 November 03, 11:57:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate getting the big black ad, even with adblocker. 

Pardon my off-topicness, but NoScript blocks that, if you use Firefox. I ended up getting it specifically because I was so sick of that popup.
Beth
ARR!

Random writing.

View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: 2008 November 03, 12:20:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those look FUN!! I remember having those as a kid. Mine were bright pink.

OK, I actually have made something.  Yeah, no kidding.  I made it for myself, but if anyone wants it when I have finished testing, cleaning up and whatnot, I will be happy to upload somewhere.  Maybe TSR will take it.  I have to do some beveling on the front of the arms (too flat) and check on some other things.  Perhaps a day left on it.  I am thinking of doing an armchair to match, which makes sense.  After that, I am planning on doing a bodyshop series I had planned long, long ago. Or perhaps finally finish the anatomical series of objects I have somewhere on this computer (new animations and skill building!). 

It is a simple sofa, just to get me back into the groove:

Inspiration:

*snip*

*snip*

The arm pillows are a separate subset, so you can recolor them separately. 

*snip*

Simple enough, eh?  However, I decided to get all fancy with the mapping. So that the back pillows are also recolorable separately without making them a subset. Like this mapped image indicates. And yes, I will include the map or send it to whomever wants it.

*snip*

This is all in case you really wanted to, you could have separate recolored armpillows and back pillows.  So, let's say you are Atwa, you could make something like this:

*snip*

Notes: I really hate how everything is so freaking unnaturally symmetrical in the game objects.  So, the back pillows are not perfectly aligned and the armpillows are not at the exact same degree of rotation.  ON PURPOSE.

Great to have you back, Paleo :]
It looks great!

Also fway, all I can say is lmao

Updated April 30th!
elpemmy
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1041 on: 2008 November 03, 17:42:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everything here is so damn gorgeous. No fair Sad
Loveloveloooove the sofa Tomato Cheesy

I'm working on a set of vases, and a set of tables (obscure, I know Tongue) the tables are VERY wip at the moment, but I thought I'd show off two vases:

It's supposed to be a set of 3, circular, square, and triangular, but the triangular one ain't going so well. So, if it fails too badly, I'll just upload these two instead of persevering.

Whatcha think?

Also: I was just playing around recently, and I made a crap, with a flag sticking out of it, which could be textured into the TSR logo Wink Would that be a good idea? Or no?
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: 2008 November 03, 18:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tomato I love the couch! I don't always like symmetrical things either.  Wink I'm glad your getting back into the swing of things though.

Elpemmy, I love the vases. Are they going to stay solid? Or become glass?

And fway Mr. Boddy, the glasses are awesome! I could see me using those for my college party simmies. Everyone's creations are so lovely!

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
elpemmy
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1043 on: 2008 November 03, 18:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, they're not gonna be glass, because I fail.
But anyone can recolour them once they're up, so I'm hoping we'll see some glass versions.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1044 on: 2008 November 04, 05:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, they're not gonna be glass, because I fail.
But anyone can recolour them once they're up, so I'm hoping we'll see some glass versions.

I am pretty sure I can teach you how to do glass.  It isn't that hard, it is just a bit tricky with the Material Definition editing. 

1. Get a texture that has some transparency to it.  When you import it, make sure you do that as a DXT3. There are ways to do this without a texture at all, but this way you can make swirlies and stuff. If you would rather do it without a texture, I can show you that as well.

2. Go to the Material Definition (TXMT) and click on Properties.  The following values need to be messed with.  The first thing is the name, the second after the : the actual value.
3.   reflectivity:  .05 (you can vary this)
4. stdMatAlphaBlendMode:  blend
5. stdMatAlphaTestEnabled:  0

You might need to add these if they aren't already in place.  just click add and copy and paste these into the name and value areas:

6. stdMatEnvCubeMode:   reflection
7. stdMatEnvCubeTextureName:  reflectionkitchenhighcontrast-envcube
8. stdMatUntexturedDiffAlpha: anywhere from 0-1.  Glass tables in the game are around .6 This indicates the amount of transparency, but if you are using a semi-transparent texture, you might just want to put it on 1. 

Now click on File list (Tab next to properties) and add:
reflectionkitchenhighcontrast-envcube
##0x1C050000!the entire name of your texture file, minus the txtr extension-for example, an egg I am working on looks like this:
##0x1C050000!paleoretroeggmesh-[paleoanth-4.5.2007-102b31]-surface

If you have problems, I can try and help or I can look at your package and fix it if you want me to. 

fway
ARR!

ESTP

View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: 2008 November 04, 05:46:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you all for the comments, I really appreciate and take in what you all say.

Ems, looking back at the vases from chat, I think you should work on the mapping of the second one, as you can see, the areas where the corners meet don't match up.

Well, I decided to change the color of the lens, after remembering the glass floor tutorial, similar to what Paleo has posted, I changed the values for the color of the lenses. They're less dark now, and I could have simply changed the lens color, but the lenses didn't come with a TXTR file. Huh

I hope these are liked better. Also, does anyone think this would be a good thumbnail for the upload?

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: 2008 November 04, 08:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I liked the darker lens better. Reminded me more of the 80's. The animation I don't mind, but you should add in funny little snippits to spruce it up.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1047 on: 2008 November 04, 12:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I decided to change the color of the lens, after remembering the glass floor tutorial, similar to what Paleo has posted, I changed the values for the color of the lenses. They're less dark now, and I could have simply changed the lens color, but the lenses didn't come with a TXTR file. Huh

You can change the color without having a texture file.

In the Material definitions file, go to stdMatDiffCoef
You will see three numbers.  Those are percentages based upon RGB values.  Find out what color you want either by using your imaging program and hover the eyedropper over the color or use a site like this:

http://web.njit.edu/~kevin/rgb.txt.html

and use the numbers from the RGB Dec column.

Then take the numbers and divide each by 256 to give you the values to input. 

For example, from the site above, you want the lenses gray.  The RGB Dec values are 84;84;84.  84/256= .328.  The values you would input in SimPE would be .33, .33, .33

fway
ARR!

ESTP

View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: 2008 November 04, 12:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Paleo. Cheesy I now know how to use only one recolor and apply it to many. So Missbonbon, you'll have your glasses the way you want them. Wink Now, I am probably going to make an orangey tinted version.

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1049 on: 2008 November 04, 12:46:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are more than welcome! I am glad I could help out.

ETA:
OK, I have updated the sofa and added an armchair.  Additionally, I found some really old things I have made that never got uploaded.  They are part of a set I was making with Simtomatic at one point, but it never got finished.  Anyway, I have the things I made for that set. 

The reddish cast is due to the hula lamp next to it.

Retrochair

Lightswitch is NOT mine.

« Last Edit: 2008 November 04, 16:11:29 by tomato » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: