PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:42:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 869869 times)
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #810 on: 2008 October 08, 17:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rensim *is* a paysite, but in a different class - they are fileshare friendly - the only paysite to be so.  Ren allows stuff to be in the booty because while money is needed to run the site, she believes in sharing. 

Hmm that's weird then. I always figured it was free because you can download everything from her website. I think I'm going to go look and see what's of hers that in the booty. Has she talked to nouk about getting on their servers?

I've been admiring that sim for a while Missbonbon; I think you used her to post about that very same Helga hair and I thought she was gorgeous - downloading!

Thank you. Smiley Yes, and now if I put her into another hairstyle she looks funny to me. I love that Helga hair!

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #811 on: 2008 October 08, 17:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rensim *is* a paysite, but in a different class - they are fileshare friendly - the only paysite to be so.  Ren allows stuff to be in the booty because while money is needed to run the site, she believes in sharing. 

Hmm that's weird then. I always figured it was free because you can download everything from her website. I think I'm going to go look and see what's of hers that in the booty. Has she talked to nouk about getting on their servers?

I don't know if she's spoken to Nouk or Jessica - I think she tried to go optional donation and all free, and didn't find the support.  But here's an example of a donation item: http://www.rensim.com/details.php?file=38 She even makes a point on the page that it's fileshare friendly and available elsewhere for free.  I believe all their donation items are skintones (big files in other words).

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: 2008 October 08, 17:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting. In the booty it's one rar but I'm guessing it has tons of files in it. Well would we consider her a paysite or no? I wouldn't at this point, but I didn't even know until today she had donation files either.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #813 on: 2008 October 08, 17:34:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, in other words, she is -actually- getting money for bandwidth, not for the stuff.  I was a little puzzled when I went there.  I also didn't see her stuff in the booty, but I found that its best for me to stick to one skinner's skins, to make stuff look consistant, and currently, I'm using Enayla's skins.  This is also why I'm thinking of sticking with a separate AGS game to keep things from getting untidy, for the pirate neighborhood.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #814 on: 2008 October 08, 17:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting. In the booty it's one rar but I'm guessing it has tons of files in it. Well would we consider her a paysite or no? I wouldn't at this point, but I didn't even know until today she had donation files either.

I think it's all the freshie files.  As to whether a paysite, I'd say yes so it should be in the booty, but I can't see that a Rensim killmark is a good thing when she is so willing to share. Smiley

So, in other words, she is -actually- getting money for bandwidth, not for the stuff.

Seems to be so, but I can't say for sure 100%.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: 2008 October 08, 19:33:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe she said she already paid for a few years of her hosting and was not interrested. She could just release the payfiles and be done with it. Also, paysite is paysite.

Inactive
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #816 on: 2008 October 08, 20:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

paysite is paysite, but there are degrees of paysite, as far as my opnions of the owners go - It is alot easier to believe the paysite is in fact just paying for bandwidth if they have no problems with you sharing the files.

On the other hand, is it believable that TSR is just charging for bandwidth?  Not at all.  Its obvious they are greedy fucks who just want the monies, they don't even try and have good photos for most of their stuff, from what I've seen.  Which really makes you wonder.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
aSIMmetrical
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: 2008 October 08, 21:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I want to know here (to bring the thread back on-topic  Wink ) is when bruno's gorgeous swimwear will be available again!
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: 2008 October 08, 21:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I want to know here (to bring the thread back on-topic  Wink ) is when bruno's gorgeous swimwear will be available again!

Hehe, probably whenever MTS2 quits acting funny.

I believe she said she already paid for a few years of her hosting and was not interrested. She could just release the payfiles and be done with it. Also, paysite is paysite.

That sucks. I know a paysite is a paysite, but it's just confusing since she even states on the page for the donation skins and where to get the files for free. It's weird.

SBNao
ARR!

...may the cutest win.

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: 2008 October 09, 00:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya know...can't find cordvidophile anywhere. They're not popping up on MTS2 or on Insim where it looks like they posted at some point...  Huh

Yae and Sae; the original Olsen twins.
Druid
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: 2008 October 09, 00:34:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

she has her own site now: http://www.sironasims.com/ I'm pretty sure she's Nixy on GoS, as well.
Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: 2008 October 09, 06:27:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

she has her own site now: http://www.sironasims.com/ I'm pretty sure she's Nixy on GoS, as well.

Nope, she's Cordvidophile2 at GoS, Nixy is someone else all together.  Wink
daniyagami
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #822 on: 2008 October 09, 06:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sucks. I know a paysite is a paysite, but it's just confusing since she even states on the page for the donation skins and where to get the files for free. It's weird.

I know Ren for years. Her point is simple: if you want to download the skins from her site (meaning, eating her bandwith) you have to donate. If you don´t want to donate but wants the skins, then you can go to one of places she points (N99 mostly) and ask there and someone will send you by email. She uses the money for bandwith, she is file-sharing.

... she is a control freak about her creations, but this is a completely different matter.

Nope, she is not. This is Nixy´s site.

Corsair: a pirate who be makin' his berth in the Med-...Medi-...that sea 'tween Spain and Africa, aye!
Souvenirs
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: 2008 October 09, 18:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get the idea, but I still consider her site a paysite.  Maybe not one of the worst, but a paysite.  Expecting people to go to N99 and start requesting people send them files doesn't sit right with me.  I've personally never even been to N99, and it'd make me feel like a leech if I signed up just to whine to people I don't know to give me pay files.  If it's that much of a hassle to attain her files (and getting them through the booty doesn't count), and she's charging for them, then her site's a paysite.  Plenty of other sites have been able to go free and still pay for hosting; I'm sure Ren could do it as well.  I don't see why the "I need money for hosting" excuse is any better because she gives people permission to share her files.  It's still alienating a lot of people who don't know who to ask for her files, don't think she's in the booty (because they don't think of her site as inactive), and will end up paying because they don't know any better. 

Don't get me wrong, I actually like Ren's content, and I've never pegged her as all that greedy or malicious.  I just wish she would step away from the paysite label, because then I could respect her a lot more.

I didn't mean for this to get this long (sorry Embarrassed), but I have one last point: I know the Daum/Naver people were considerably more rude than Ren has ever been, but wasn't their content bootified because they made it such a hassle for people to get to it?  I think Ren's content should be in the "active" part of the booty with all the other active paysites--if she's happy to have people share her files, the she should be happy to have them easily accessible.  People won't think to look in the inactive sites section when her site's not really inactive.

Again, I don't see Rensim as being up there with the likes of TSR and Peggy, but...meh. Undecided
Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: 2008 October 09, 19:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just so can everyone interested can read about it again: Ren and her skins: http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/index.php/topic,1130.msg45935.html#msg45935

Her site is on the "liberated" list, and according Hecubus isn't a paysite anymore.

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: