PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 00:26:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 873921 times)
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #480 on: 2008 August 25, 21:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I entered the cheat, held down those keys, and left clicked the icon for the type of roof I wanted. I let go of the keys, and drew the roof as it should be (can't draw whilst holding them down) It appears at it's normal slope.

I'm sure I'm probably missing something - I just don't know what?

Millie, it sounds to me like you're adding an extra step there. What you want to do is:
1) Add the roof
2) Enter the cheat (steps 1 and 2 can be done in either order)
3) While holding CTRL and ALT, click on the roof you want to raise/lower with the roofing tool (the one you use to place the roof in the first place)

I'm pretty sure you need to use the regular, non-individual roofslopeangle cheat if you want new roofs to be a different height. But you need to use the individual one if you want a variety of heights on one building.

Also, this cheat came with one of the mid-late EP's, so if you only have the first few it won't work. And I'm pretty sure it doesn't work at all on some of the roofs.

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 2008 August 25, 21:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't work on the mansard ones, or the domes/spires. Very annoying, but you can work around the mansard problem by making a faux one with the half-mansard and copious tweaking between the floor constraints cheat and roof angle cheat.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Millie
ARR!

Mean, callous, Harpy.

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 2008 August 25, 22:34:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh. Got it. Thanks folks  Grin

I have brainache, and a new admiration for skilled lot builders, that's for sure. I have been sat here for HOURS building this lot, and it is nowhere near finished!

I need to go download shopping for more bits tomorrow, but for tonight, I'm going to call it quits.

Tomorrow, interior. Including split level staircase  Shocked Should be fun  Cheesy

Bugger. edited to add, I love that sim - is the facial hair an extra, or does it come on the skin already?

Every time a woman masturbates, God creates a kitteh. Think of the Kittehs people!
pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 2008 August 25, 22:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Missbonbon, sorry to say, but... I can't see the resemblance at all on your sim. It looks like facial template #1 with the Chaz skin on it. :S Chaz's version isn't that good either, but I think he nailed the area around the eyes at least. The chin is way too big, though.

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 2008 August 25, 22:54:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah don't be sorry..... any ideas on what to fix though?  Smiley

any better?
« Last Edit: 2008 August 25, 23:47:49 by Missbonbon » Logged

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 2008 August 25, 23:46:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Soulpatrol = Those murals look so good! thank you~  I will nab tonight! Cheesy awesome

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
FilthyPriest
ARR!

Emmm! Rum Doughnuts.......

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: 2008 August 26, 02:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my hand house building. Its not great, but you can be the judge.

The front

The back
http://www.mediafire.com/?w5mmzoylda5
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #487 on: 2008 August 26, 03:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's nice - but huge - I just don't think I could play that with the lag.  Cry Particularly since I have the nvidia issue, so the sea would look like crap after I turned off shaders.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
FilthyPriest
ARR!

Emmm! Rum Doughnuts.......

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 2008 August 26, 03:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's nice - but huge - I just don't think I could play that with the lag.  Cry Particularly since I have the nvidia issue, so the sea would look like crap after I turned off shaders.
Yeah the same for me. nvidia.. No shading ether but i  ctrl-alt del enough processes to be under 300M.
Viking Marta
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #489 on: 2008 August 26, 06:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That beach house would be really great! for whoever could play it....me is not one of them Cry  But you could try posting two different versions?  Because that would be a neat lot to have for those who could play it.

As for the Bale sim, it's kind of hard (for me) to say without knowing what reference photos you're using, but just looking at it and googling extra-large images, I kinda want to say he eyes are a bit too wide/big.  The nose might need to be wider generally...and then thin down the tip, because it seems to me it might be a bit too narrow?  And I think the tip is high, comparitively.  The jaw doesn't seem...'defined'...enough for me, if you know what I mean.  Then again, I am looking at photos with studio lighting and all that.  I hope I helped...believe it or not, I'm really trying not to be obnoxious.

I'm naturally a too nice person, but have pretty thick skin...but recently someone on the BBS really went off because they took it too personally when they weren't even involved...they really seemed offended, and I thought...maybe they have a point, so I apologized.  then they replace the post with a smiley and a quote of the original.  I have no idea what I did wrong in that conversation, but I really have worrying over it....seriously...I should know better by now...I wouldn't mind if I didn't think I'd really screwed up (that's what's bothering, not their response...just a jerk orginially...but whether or not I did something stupid.     No need to read that

cookiepirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 2008 August 26, 07:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my latest house:

More pictures are here.

It's on a 2x2 lot and has some custom content (wallpapers, floors, outside stuff), but no furnishings on the inside because I wasn't sure which was best, totally decorated or just the basics (more a DIY).

I also used the floor elevation code for the basement garage and individual roof code.

You can download here.

~ the happy little cookiepirate ~
Cookie Cannibal
MONDAYS - A terrible way to spend 1/7th of your life
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 2008 August 26, 08:38:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That beach house would be really great! for whoever could play it....me is not one of them Cry  But you could try posting two different versions?  Because that would be a neat lot to have for those who could play it.

As for the Bale sim, it's kind of hard (for me) to say without knowing what reference photos you're using, but just looking at it and googling extra-large images, I kinda want to say he eyes are a bit too wide/big.  The nose might need to be wider generally...and then thin down the tip, because it seems to me it might be a bit too narrow?  And I think the tip is high, comparitively.  The jaw doesn't seem...'defined'...enough for me, if you know what I mean.  Then again, I am looking at photos with studio lighting and all that.  I hope I helped...believe it or not, I'm really trying not to be obnoxious.

Thanks for the input Smiley

Yeah he has a very weird head to sim.... so i was using a couple different photos of him actually.... which is probably why he doesn't look like him.... or my lack of talent Tongue

http://www.christianbale.com.ar/pictures/christian-bale.jpg
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/MMPH/264298~Christian-Bale-Posters.jpg
http://images.askmen.com/specials/2007_top_49/men/christian_bale.jpg
http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/m/showest_140308/christian_bale_1790207.jpg

Those are the pictures I am using.... Right now I'm trying to actually edit the skintone a bit, because see how Christian Bale has the most unique nose in the universe? Now see in the first picture how the tip of his nose is? Well unless you look really closely at the nose you can't tell.... but Chaz actually put the tip of the nose just a tad to far down so I'm trying to figure out how to move it up/shade in the nose better...... And I know Christian Bale doesn't have freckles but I was wondering if there are any light freckles out there so I can get the skin effect like in the first picture?

and if anyone has any suggestions on a better hair as well.... The only color I can find remotely close to his is Roan's dark brown..... and that's all on long hair that's styled nothing like his  Cry

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Theria
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 2008 August 26, 09:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, thanks guys! After the day from hell at work that I had (hey, it's not every day that you tell your boss that you're about ready to walk out), that definitely made my night! Y'all are great for the ego. On the upside, I now have my two days off, so I should be able to finish up and properly play-test the house, before possibly releasing it to the public. As to where to do that, I'm at a loss. MTS2 crossed my mind, but damn, most of the houses I've seen there are far better than mine (especially with the landscaping, which I've learned is not my strong suit).

But for now, I can haz slide-show! The full 11 Chinook Drive (minus the smell of warm chocolate chip cookies and apple pie) :
http://s308.photobucket.com/albums/kk330/Miss_Ria/?action=view&current=d638895f.pbw

I re-did the walls throughout, changing them instead to a rather nice blue, chose a new rug, did a different kitchen floor, and finished the upstairs, which is now complete with a master suite, and en suite bath, two guest rooms (or kids rooms, for a family), and a public-y bath. Shots of all included.

I do, however, have a few questions. I did use some CC in the house, 5 altogether that I can count and all from MTS2. They're somewhat focal points to the house, such as the fireplace, walls, and shrubs outside. Is that a deterrent to people when it comes to downloading or does it not matter, so long as it includes a shopping list? I put together a quick non-CC version of it as well, but it doesn't seem to have that same feel to it that I like about the CC'ed interior. As well, it's a 2x3 lot, and comes in at a whopping $85, 434. Too expensive? I wanted it to screamwhisper a quiet elegance, but as I have never downloaded a house and build my own boxes, I haven't a clue.

I think I found my new love/obsession. I can barely recolour, can't mesh worth a shit...but I did learn earlier today that I rock at muttering, "Oh, go get fucked up the ass. Lube optional," to my boss as I walk by. He must've thought I said something nice, because he gave me the double thumbs up and called me a rockstar. Heh.

Damned Firefox. "Colour" is correctly spelled!
TapThatBooty
ARR!

yey me, im in the 20's club!!

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 2008 August 26, 09:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my latest house:

More pictures are here.

It's on a 2x2 lot and has some custom content (wallpapers, floors, outside stuff), but no furnishings on the inside because I wasn't sure which was best, totally decorated or just the basics (more a DIY).

I also used the floor elevation code for the basement garage and individual roof code.

You can download here.

awwwww, that house is the cutest little thing i have ever seen lol. i really love that little.....thing(with the pointy roof) on the side. hmmmm i think i may have to download this one....

how did you get that wall on them stairs? i use them stairs without the fug bits under them to make them at least fit a bit, but they would be perfect.
pretty please, tell me  Wink
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 2008 August 26, 09:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damned Firefox. "Colour" is correctly spelled!

(You can get an add-on that changes the dictionary to British or Canadian English here.)

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: