PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 02:31:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 875384 times)
fway
ARR!

ESTP

View Profile
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #420 on: 2008 August 16, 07:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you misbonbon for the compliments.

These are the furniture length curtains, they're coming in 1 tile only though, because I had to fix the others so they'd line up better and not bleed through eachother unfortunately. So, these will probably look good on windows and above furniture. Also, the windows with large trims might bleed through, but these were particularly made for the inner parts of the house.

ETA: these curtains can't be made transparent unfortunately. I tried every opacity out there, no luck. I believe it's because the texture has two main parts to it.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 16, 07:34:34 by fway » Logged

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #421 on: 2008 August 16, 07:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like your curtains fway.  Grin

I'd like to make a 3 tiled curtain, but I'm probably going to bork up something. :/ I was mainly doing this so they'd look nice with OFB windows, and they're perfect for displays and whatnot. I decided to play around with milkshape, and make use of something. So, basically everything is in-tact, just shrunk. They'll be in moderation queue soon, I haven't gotten around to it because I've been trying to fix the two tiled curtains and reduced 2 tile mesh. I'm also going to see if the mesh can be transparent so you can see through still. I'm crossing my fingers for that. So, these will be uploaded as a set. I'm not sure on how to increase the number of tiles on an object, I heard that you use the cres for it?

Why not clone something that's 3 tiles, and then you don't have the issue.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
fway
ARR!

ESTP

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2008 August 16, 07:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like your curtains fway.  Grin

Why not clone something that's 3 tiles, and then you don't have the issue.

I thank you, Calalily. I was thinking of doing that, but I would probably have to change something to categorize it as a curtain. *shrugs I mean, I want to make these curtains to be used as REAL curtains, and found out that curtains automatically snap to a wall. Now, would this actually require changing the BHAV if I cloned a three tile object, but didn't clone a curtain?

Or is there a simple way of turning a two tile object into a 3 tile one? I read Numenor's tutorial on reducing the number of tiles, but there aren't any that shows how to increase. Or am I just stupid and didn't know that I could put 1.5 into the CRES (or whatever resource that edits the number of tiles) and be done?

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #423 on: 2008 August 16, 08:32:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thank you, Calalily. I was thinking of doing that, but I would probably have to change something to categorize it as a curtain. *shrugs I mean, I want to make these curtains to be used as REAL curtains, and found out that curtains automatically snap to a wall. Now, would this actually require changing the BHAV if I cloned a three tile object, but didn't clone a curtain?

Well there is a 3 tile painting in the Base game, so it would only go on a wall if you cloned that.  I'm not sure if they "snap" the same way - I haven't noticed really.

Or is there a simple way of turning a two tile object into a 3 tile one? I read Numenor's tutorial on reducing the number of tiles, but there aren't any that shows how to increase. Or am I just stupid and didn't know that I could put 1.5 into the CRES (or whatever resource that edits the number of tiles) and be done?

I don't have any idea. I toyed with it for the bedding decor, but it seemed to be easy to pick up anyway, so I didn't bother. Those with OCD who are bothered by it can do it themselves - I'm only concerned with how easy it is to pick up and place. It seems to involve BHAVs too. I *think* this is the right tutorial. http://www.eternal-echo.net/sims/tutorials/footprint/

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 2008 August 18, 22:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hey fway while I was browsing around for sims 2 content, someone had made a 3-tile curtain using the one tile, and just expanded the object. You could try that Smiley

http://www.mediafire.com/?3tjhin9ndti

there kiddies is the download for tops to plum's bottoms. I will re edit this post once I can get some in game pictures. I didn't do all of them for time constraints and for my mental health (good lord there are a lot of undies!) I basically took the maxis tank top off of their  undies and added to plum's then changed the hue to match the undies. I didn't use plum's psd, so the top doesn't completely touch the undies... I think it looks more realistic that way.

The only undies I didn't add a top for was the disney,cartoon ones, and the sanyo/cute cartoon ones. All the ones with patterns have tops, and all the plain ones with the exception of the white undies and the colored bands. I didn't see a point to add tops to those.

If you have plum's undies then download these they shouldn't cause problems but for future reference I have all ep's and sp's with the exception of ikea.

Once I get more time I will work on the others.... I want to add patterns to those Smiley

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
fway
ARR!

ESTP

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: 2008 August 19, 10:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks you two! I can finally make a 3 tiled curtain for that pesky OFB window. I think in the terms of safety I'll look at echo's tutorial first, I wouldn't happen to know abut that person's policy on using their object as a base Missbonbon.

Aaand. . . I found a slight problem that I may need to fix with the curtains. I was told that I had to modify the normals.

This is probably on all of the modfied curtains.  Undecided

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 2008 August 19, 18:03:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While helping on the InSim WCIF forum, I got into search mode and found something you might be able to use, fway.
http://www.sapphiresims2.com/showthread.php?t=21166&highlight=curtains

There is another one here: http://fairywitchsims.com/decor/moroccan-medina-curtains/
but I'm checking out if it's a pay or free site. I'd never heard of it before, but something niggles at the back of my brain saying that maybe I have...

Anyhoo, you'll have to register at both sites to get the meshes, but it's free. You may wish to have some sunglasses handy because Sapphire Sims is a blinky twinkly wonderland...

Fake edit, from what I see so far, not a ruddy thing about paying for stuffs or donation sets, so this could be a good thing.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Millie
ARR!

Mean, callous, Harpy.

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2008 August 20, 00:36:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a little something I'm working on. I've never uploaded anything like this before, so be gentle  Cheesy It's only half done, but I'm fairly pleased with how it's going so far! It's a community park for simmies!

Front entrance

View from the back

Worth uploading somewhere when it's done? ie, here LOL.

Every time a woman masturbates, God creates a kitteh. Think of the Kittehs people!
Aralie
Landlubber

Fluffy Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2008 August 20, 00:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love what you have so far, Millie. It's so pretty and peaceful. You should definitely upload when it's finished!  Smiley
Panthpirate
ARR!

hai i can has intrawebz lawyer nao kthxbai

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2008 August 20, 01:20:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice, Millie, I especially like the entrance arch.  Grin
Millie
ARR!

Mean, callous, Harpy.

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2008 August 20, 20:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some views of the finished lot - all playtested and working fine. One problem, and it's not huge. I used the allow45degreeangleofrotation cheat when placing benches on the built up fountain (and the snapobjectstogrid) The animation is a little wonky with this, but sims can sit/lounge etc on these benches.

So, if anyone is interested in having it, give me a shout and I'll upload it somewhere for you. It's got a lot of custom content (flowers and the like, wallpaper and terrain, mainly) and I couldn't tell you where I got half of it from! I'm assuming that when you package a lot, it adds meshes and things to the file, so the objects will work in game?

Every time a woman masturbates, God creates a kitteh. Think of the Kittehs people!
ScopataFuori
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2008 August 20, 22:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow! I'm not sure whether to be inspired or intimidated, after seeing these incredible creations. Smiley

/farks on off back to the SimPe tutorials...
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #432 on: 2008 August 21, 06:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I put benches on 45 degree angles all the time.  Especially park benches.  I wouldn't worry about it.  If you playtest it and it's usable, that's good enough for most people.

If you want to pack it up and share it, you'll need Clean Installer.  To make sure nothing hack-like is hanging around, and also, if you're using items with 20 recolors and you only used one, you'll want to clean the others out to get the package size down to something manageable.  I had a house I decorated for a contest at GoS and it was 60 MB before I cleaned out extra recolors.

One thing I've found, and I don't know if the situation is different depending on your game version, but I never end up with recolors of Maxis's objects in my lot packages.  So, I actually try to avoid decorating with Maxis recolors in lots I plan to share, unless I know exactly where they are a) in my downloads folder, so I can stick them in my zip with the packaged lot or b) on the internet, so I can point in that direction.  Needless to say, I only use that for very important (to me!) things like the invisible driveway recolor, copper kitchen appliance recolors, and showerstall/toilet stall recolors. XD
Emma
Goopy Lover
ARR!

All Pescados Suck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #433 on: 2008 August 21, 07:49:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Millie, that is a gorgeous lot! Smiley

Have you ever seen sims ACR woohoo on 45 degree placed benches? Funny as anything!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: 2008 August 21, 15:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love that - very elegant and regal looking lot.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: