PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 07:46:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 874775 times)
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #360 on: 2008 August 12, 15:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

working on some dress recolors of a dress from Poison Pink Lemons. 

I feel like it needs MOAR colors, or maybe a pattern of some sort?  Any thoughts?  (not plaid, courtney and plaid patterns don't go well together, as I make them look like the bad.)

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
Pooki
ARR!

Still Alive!

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2008 August 12, 15:27:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to see a pattern on them Courtney.  They are totally downloadable as is right now though.  WANT!

Snarky's mine despite obvious complications.
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: 2008 August 12, 16:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah, i think so too, I like the solid ones, but I feel like I need some with a pattern.  Maybe batik fabric? 

Millie
ARR!

Mean, callous, Harpy.

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2008 August 12, 16:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly. I like those dresses, and I would quite like to see them in a girly feminine print - summery, that kind of thing.

This is a really dumb question, possibly, but I am new to all of this - what is the difference between the way you do the textures, and say, liana does her textures?
I much prefer yours.
Would I be right in saying, that yours is drawn painstakingly by hand, where Liana possibly takes images of the net and uses patterns from there?

I think I got down how Chaz does his sims, which is by the above method, only with the faces, yes?

excuse my ignorance please, but I am interested!

Every time a woman masturbates, God creates a kitteh. Think of the Kittehs people!
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: 2008 August 12, 17:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, doesn't liana photoskin?  I add shading in and texture by hand, generally speaking.  the textures right there that you see were initially done by meshmaker, over at Poison Pink Lemons.  I redefined the texture, after I recolored the dresses, but the initial drape you see there, was not an original idea.  But yes, on the things I do, I add layers in and add highlights and shadows manually to where the outfit would naturally denote a shade or light.  I'm pretty sure Liana photoskins, and does not adjust where light and shadows fall.  (even when i do mild photoskinning, i still adjust light and shadows so they make sense.) 

Millie
ARR!

Mean, callous, Harpy.

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2008 August 12, 17:52:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, thanks Chemistrycourtney. It all becomes a little clearer now. Photoskinning was the term I was looking for!

Every time a woman masturbates, God creates a kitteh. Think of the Kittehs people!
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #366 on: 2008 August 12, 17:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Without looking at the texture up close, I don't know if the fabric of the dress is draped the right way for this to work, but it would be neat to have a solid color bodice and a patterned skirt, or even the whole dress with a pattern, but a solid gauzy layer over the bodice.

This is, of course, assuming it looks right for the fabric of the dress.  From the angle of your shot, it looks to me like it could go either way.  Smiley
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: 2008 August 12, 18:00:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, different textures can be applied. lol.  IIRC, the mesh itself is pretty much the same shape as the large flowery nightgown that came with the game... and then it had an interesting texture applied to it. (by the good people at PPL.)  they have it there in blue, and i like it a lot, and decided I needed to have it in many more colors.  but i'll get it in bodyshop, and see if maybe I can finesse something interesting with the initial texture, and then something with a totally different texture as well. 

ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2008 August 12, 20:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ChemistryCourtney, I really like those dresses and that you chose deeper, richer colors over pastels.

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2008 August 12, 23:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like those dresses, and would definitely download them for my simmies, as is!
As for more colors and patterns and whatnot, I agree with Millie about feminine, summery patterns. The PPL one is kind of bright, which in my head equates to summer, so some bright colors would not go amiss in my game.
But if you released them as is and never touched them again, I'd still love you forever 'n' ever.  Cheesy

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2008 August 13, 02:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love to see some girly colors, plus maybe add like an overcoat/sweater could make it wearable for the fall season too Smiley

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #371 on: 2008 August 13, 04:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those dresses are pretty!  All they need is Hello Kitty plastered all over them and they will be complete.

Speaking of which, I have completed and submitted to MTS2 50 panties for little girls (and pedos)!

Here's the first part:

deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2008 August 13, 05:20:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those are super cute Plum! I shall be nabbing them when I get home tonight! Tongue

Summery prints are all the rage now, especially blue/pink/pastel green combos. I am more partial to red/black and white bold patterns...

*throwing seeds*

Cheesy

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: 2008 August 13, 05:29:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They probably wont be approved at MTS2 for at least a day.  Usually takes between one and two full days.

Fortunately, I have the patience of a goldfish.  Those are patient, right? [/liar]

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2008 August 13, 05:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Goldfish are only patient because they forget what they were patient about  Grin

Any plans on doing the undies for adults? With matching tops of course.... but the are really cute!

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: