PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:05:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 8 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 870228 times)
fway
ARR!

ESTP

View Profile
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #150 on: 2008 July 15, 00:27:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would upload it for you but unfortunately I don't know how to package houses..... but if I can find some info on it I will be more than happy to send it to you Smiley

And thank you guys for your lovely comments...... I think the issue is I didn't really decorate the hallway so it's like I have this huge gap in between with a fireplace

Well, I know one way, is to go into neigborhood view and go into the lots and houses bin, select the house, and there's an icon with a house and a star above it, that's what you want to use to package the lot, you select upload to a file. Wait a few, and it will tell you where your home is. Put it in a zip file and upload it to a site, mediafire is pretty good.

Nouk! That hair is gorg. *swoons*
Please please please upload it. Your stuff is always perfect. It would go well with your extra long hair that you made a while ago. The one down to the bottom of the back, I forget the name. However, it wouldn't quite fit with it, if the braids were a bit longer, or you made an extended version, that would be awesome.

carolus
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2008 July 15, 01:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The dark lunaris elf is extremly well made.Have seen hundreds of elfes .This one is the best.
Only one thing I do not like:It is the gift-deco on the behind...sorry but it looks a little bit "strange" to me,lol.All the rest is perfect.
Dballx
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2008 July 15, 01:27:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nouk I love the hair I really can't really give an honest opinion because most has been said already (So please upload it) Smiley

Lunaris I like how you really did the hair and the textures  but the Feminine male is kinda not my cup of tea. (Sorry)   (Although I did download your ash crimson I truly hope one day you will make Kyo, K',Vanessa and Alba Meira From MI just gotta love KOF!!) I really do love the accessories too. 
« Last Edit: 2008 July 15, 01:37:20 by Dballx » Logged
Astonished lemons
Banned!

OHAI

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2008 July 15, 04:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dark Lunaris, I love that hair!
I dont even care about the high pollys.
(On another note concerning feminine male, I like his facial structure, so Im probably going to get him, then switch his gender in CAS.  Wink )
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2008 July 15, 20:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I'm looking for opinions on a house. One of my favourite things to do with TS2 is to take actual building floorplans and turn them into Sim houses. (It gets me away from the generic rectangles I tend to build otherwise.) A week or two ago I saw an ad for one of the suites in a new high-rise in my city - a 1700 square-foot, two story, one bedroom condo. Way too extravagant, IMHO, for a normal person, but perfect for a Sim living the good life. It's got two TV areas (plus one in the bedroom), a pool table, a hot tub, a bar, and tons of places to sit and eat.

After ages of fighting with it (I said I liked building Sim houses, not that I was particularly good at it. Wink ) I've finally come up with this. Excuse all the nighttime shots. I've just recently installed the Radiance Lighting mod and am still in awe of the pretty.

Kitchen/Dining Area

Upstairs Game Room

Bedroom

*edit*
I just remembered that I use default replacement bedding in my game, so the bed will look slightly different.

Main Floor Plan
Upstairs Floor Plan

I'm rather fond of it and am tempted to submit it to MTS2, but.... I don't know. There are just a couple of things that I think people might find too annoying. The first is that the large hedge outside isn't accessible, so you have to move it before it can be trimmed. The second is that I used a dummy level to build the stairs, because any other way was messing with the house layout too much. I think it was worth all the hassle, but the result is that you have to click twice to go up or down a level. Do you think people would hate that?

Here's the lot if anyone wants it. I've tested the download, and it should be fine.
It has no CC, because I personally hate houses that are full of custom downloads I don't want, and as you can see from the images it relies heavily on objects from Pets. I've got all the EP's up to and including Seasons, so I imagine you'll need all of those to make it work properly.

Any comments/notes/suggestions?
« Last Edit: 2008 July 16, 17:17:22 by falln_angel » Logged

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
Dark Lunaris
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2008 July 15, 23:43:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The dark lunaris elf is extremly well made.Have seen hundreds of elfes .This one is the best.
Only one thing I do not like:It is the gift-deco on the behind...sorry but it looks a little bit "strange" to me,lol.All the rest is perfect.

Thank you! ^^
Yeah, he's got a bow. lol
It looks pretty at other angles because the lace is alpha edited and the ribbon is actually white under the alpha.
Thing is, I sort of thought having the bow looked a little funny, my actual character does have a bow, but he has a tail too that it sits over and seems to fit better. I didn't give him the tail in sim form, so it probably doesn't work quite so well. I was going to make it bigger with longer ribbons too so it may not have looked so cropped, but then there would be more cutting into chairs and stuff. Sad
Plus, I admit, more modeling and I got lazy. LMFAO!  Cheesy

CC Downloads and Legacies

My DeviantArt
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2008 July 16, 01:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks nice, falln_angel. I snagged it. I don't download cc houses very often, so, I am appreciative that you did it with all Maxi's stuff. I think you did a great job.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Vod Kaknockers
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2008 July 16, 05:57:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I snagged the purdy house too.  I don't like houses with a lot of CC either, so this is perfect.

'Cause beans and cornbread, they go hand in hand.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: 2008 July 16, 13:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

falln, I can't think of a thing you should have done differently; I work with real house plans as well, and sometimes you have to make adjustments for sims, but in general, if they are liveable by humans, they are liveable by sims.

As far as the dummy level, I don't mind it. I've used it before to get the place right, and I think it's not that big a deal. What is it, a double click instead of a single? Anyone who complains about that can go fuck themselves, IMO.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2008 July 16, 17:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad you like it. This is actually the only house I've played with dummy levels, and it just felt like something that people might get really annoyed by. (Kind of like 10-digit dialing...) But you're right, it is just one extra click. And if you play with object hiding off you might even be able to play from the dummy level itself since it doesn't have a floor.

Decorating with Maxis stuff can be annoying as hell because it's all either really stylized or really bland, and the stuff that looks normal tends to have really low motive/environment stats. But this house was just screaming out for the atomic age (or whatever it's called) Pets furniture, I think.

Keirra and Vod Kaknockers, if you end up playing the house at any point, please let me know if there's any weirdness. I did playtest a clone of the house, but with the game I used to build it, so I wouldn't notice if I accidentally used a custom object or something. (Although I'm pretty sure I didn't.)

And I've got one more question. The front of the house looks really... bland I guess. I'm assuming it's because the entry is off a hallway, but there aren't any windows on the front face (except one I added for the bathroom), and if I put some in it looks funny because they intersect with stairs and stuff. Totally not an issue as far as gameplay (the only dark room is the little computer room upstairs), but since MTS2 requires a screenshot of the house from the street, should I jazz it up a bit, and if so, how? Tack on some pointless windows? Move the palm tree so it fills more of the dead space? Or does it not really look that terrible and I'm just being over-sensitive?

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
ValkyrieProfile
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2008 July 16, 18:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I've got one more question. The front of the house looks really... bland I guess. I'm assuming it's because the entry is off a hallway, but there aren't any windows on the front face (except one I added for the bathroom), and if I put some in it looks funny because they intersect with stairs and stuff. Totally not an issue as far as gameplay (the only dark room is the little computer room upstairs), but since MTS2 requires a screenshot of the house from the street, should I jazz it up a bit, and if so, how? Tack on some pointless windows? Move the palm tree so it fills more of the dead space? Or does it not really look that terrible and I'm just being over-sensitive?

A few patches of flowers would add a bit of color (next to the mailbox, and on the right side of the tree), and one or two wall lights would break the greyness of the wall.
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2008 July 16, 18:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and one or two wall lights would break the greyness of the wall.

*smacks head*

Wall lights! Why didn't I think of that. Roll Eyes One day I'd like to figure out where my brain gets to sometimes...

pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2008 July 16, 19:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and one or two wall lights would break the greyness of the wall.

*smacks head*

Wall lights! Why didn't I think of that. Roll Eyes One day I'd like to figure out where my brain gets to sometimes...

I tend to forget lightning all together in my houses. I spend hours building and decorating, move the Sims in, and when the first evening comes I get the unpleasant surprise of having to make room for lamps and find matching ones. Doh.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2008 July 16, 20:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I've got one more question. The front of the house looks really... bland I guess. I'm assuming it's because the entry is off a hallway, but there aren't any windows on the front face (except one I added for the bathroom), and if I put some in it looks funny because they intersect with stairs and stuff.
Been there. My only thought is to perhaps use a wallpaper that has a large horizonal stripe across it, at least on the lower floor, forwards portion. You know, the one-square-back-from-door portion. I think that would be enough to bring interest without adding anything on the top floor. That would involve making something custom, though, and even though it would be a quick creation, it would break your no-cc status.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2008 July 16, 22:32:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yo the hair is up at GOS Smiley

Inactive
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: