PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 19:02:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 875312 times)
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #1980 on: 2009 February 26, 21:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to barge in, but I think I need some testers.

I've just spent yet another hour staring at these flower vases I'm working on, and I still can't figure out if I've got the sizes right. Must have scaled them up, then scaled them down, then scaled them back up again at least a dozen times by now. Most of the time I tend to think some of them are too small, but then I also think that they'll get too clumsy and presumptous if I make them bigger.  Huh

I could show you a picture (and I will  Wink ), but it doesn't really give you much an idea about the size, so I would really, really appreciate if somebody would take them into their game and have a look at them in comparison to other objects. And then of course let me know which ones should be bigger or smaller or are okay. I can email the files to any volunteers. Just send me a PM with your email address - or email it to me. I think my email address is in my profile or otherwise it's in the FAQ section on my site.

I'm about to head off to bed, but I'll be back tomorrow morning. Thanks in advance to anyone who'll give me a hand with this.

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Emma
Goopy Lover
ARR!

All Pescados Suck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1981 on: 2009 February 26, 22:15:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moune, they all look perfect Cheesy I'll take a look in-game though, pming you now.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1982 on: 2009 February 26, 22:19:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just judging from the scale on the bricks and the tables, they look lovely how they are.  But if you need someone to send them to, you can send them to me.  Let me pm you my email addy, in case its not on my profile.

fake edit: Or you can send them to Emma, since she typed faster than me. Smiley

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
pinkyfriend
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: 2009 February 26, 22:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Going by the pic they look pretty good. For my part it is not the size of the vase compared to other items, but the size of the vase compared to the flowers in them.
From that standpoint the vases look really good. I suppose the next fact would be the reality of the size of the flowers  Tongue Hoping you get them to where they suit you as I would love to have them! Very pretty!!

"The internet is like a petri dish...you drop one stupid spore in and it just grows like crazy" - my son
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: 2009 February 27, 04:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also wouldn't mind trying them out since they do look lovely.  Grin My only thing just by looking at the picture is that I feel the glass should be more transparent. It just seems to white to be glass.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1985 on: 2009 February 27, 11:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is great. Thanks for all the responses. I've sent them to Emma and ChemistryCourtney. Soggyfox and Missbonbon, your email adresses are listed as hidden in your profiles.

Maybe I'm too obsessed with this size thing (no, I'm not a man  Grin ). But the idea of making them came about because I had downloaded a set of flowervases from somewhere. They were very pretty, but they really annoyed me because they were way too small. So I decided to scale up the meshes. And while doing so I figured it could be fun to make my own. Only now I just don't want to make another set of too small flowervases.

Missbonbon, I actually settled on the white glass on purpose. My mom has a vase like that that I've always liked. But there will be a darker recolor that you might like better.

Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: 2009 February 27, 15:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I like the idea that you have done so many different sizes.  The perfect size would usually be determined by what you are using it for.  Having so many choices would allow for them to be used in so many ways it should guarantee that there would be a perfect choice for most people or most situations.  I think they are great.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: 2009 February 27, 16:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I like the white, don't get me wrong. I didn't think you were intentionally going for a semi white vase.  Wink Are the dark recolors solid or different shades of the glass?

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1988 on: 2009 February 27, 21:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry Missbonbon. I didn't mean to come off that defensive. Just trying to say that I was aiming to get the same texture that my mom's vase has in real life. And I think you might be right that it got a little too white. I've now toned it down a little. It's still white, but not as white as before, and it certainly looks better. Many thanks for the imput.  Smiley

Oh, and the recolors are a mix of different glass shades and solids. So far six transparents and eight solids. Just can't seem to stop once I start making recolors.  Roll Eyes

ETA:
Got your email addy. Sent the 'less white' version to you. Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2009 February 27, 21:51:25 by Moune » Logged

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: 2009 February 28, 03:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry Missbonbon. I didn't mean to come off that defensive. Just trying to say that I was aiming to get the same texture that my mom's vase has in real life. And I think you might be right that it got a little too white. I've now toned it down a little. It's still white, but not as white as before, and it certainly looks better. Many thanks for the imput.  Smiley

Oh your welcome. I don't think you were being defensive at all actually. Now if you would have told me that we are taking this outside and to bring some brass knuckles, then I would have thought you were to defensive.  Wink So no need for apologies.

Oh, and the recolors are a mix of different glass shades and solids. So far six transparents and eight solids. Just can't seem to stop once I start making recolors.  Roll Eyes

Thank you for the items. They look marvelous.  Grin But I just want to point out, that recolors = awesome.

Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1990 on: 2009 February 28, 22:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad to know that. Thanks.  Grin

Here are the recolors:

The transparents:

And the solids:

This is only the vase recolors, of course. The flowers themselves have entirely separate recolors.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1991 on: 2009 February 28, 23:49:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The scale seems perfect to me, Moune.  Can't wait til you put up the finished project. Smiley

*dashes off to eat real food, at a restaurant.*

www.thestormradio.com
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: 2009 March 01, 00:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*gapes*  Moune, I'm glad you barged in, those are lovely.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1993 on: 2009 March 01, 03:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They look as lovely in game.  Can't wait to use them, but first I need to catch up on my downloading.  Haven't been while on the laptop, but I'm now down mostly on my desktop and that's -my- computer.  I eated a sammich today and a crunchy cookie - and managed to get the spoon for my ice cream into my mouth - we even went out to eat - I felt almost normal.

www.thestormradio.com
Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: 2009 March 01, 06:08:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They look as lovely in game.  Can't wait to use them, but first I need to catch up on my downloading.  Haven't been while on the laptop, but I'm now down mostly on my desktop and that's -my- computer.  I eated a sammich today and a crunchy cookie - and managed to get the spoon for my ice cream into my mouth - we even went out to eat - I felt almost normal.

;DGlad to hear that you're recovering well, Soggy. Oh ze teeth, you never realize how much those fuckers can hurt till you get surgery on them.

Or haz me as your Dental Hygienist.... Wink

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: