PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:15:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 869958 times)
cookiepirate
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #1905 on: 2009 February 20, 13:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need some feedback on this:

It's from a mesh by Carnaby Sims and made by a friend of mine.  Since I haz no skillz for making stuffz, I hoped maybe to get some suggestions here.

~ the happy little cookiepirate ~
Cookie Cannibal
MONDAYS - A terrible way to spend 1/7th of your life
Megabolt
Landlubber

I am the handsome devil of the Hidden Leaf Village

View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: 2009 February 20, 21:15:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly cut the sleeves back to 3/4 length, and lose the fishnets to make it more summertime.  Adjust the colors to fit.  I'm not so great with this stuff so if that idea sucks, just ignore me.

Megabolt the Great
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: 2009 February 20, 21:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly?  If it were me (and I could mesh, of course) I'd make the skirt part a little longer, or else I'd put pants under them and turn them into those dresspant outfits.  I'd also drop the bodice a bit, and bring it in to give a slight suggestion of a waist.  I have no fashion sense at all, and maybe I'm behind the times, but the women to me, look like all bust and legs, no waist at all. 

But, I like the colors and the textures.  The skirt part looks satin-like and the knit part  is terrific. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1908 on: 2009 February 20, 21:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like them - don't often see empire waisted outfits anymore.  I would move the knit part up a bit though, to match the mesh a bit better.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
novastar
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: 2009 February 21, 06:57:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should have recolouring knowledge - I didn't take it all the way back to basic never created before at all level - so a working knowledge of what SimPE is, and how it works (like importing pictures into the file etc.). Smiley

Boo, I didn't read all of your post when I volunteered, no wonder why I was "lolwut" at points. Sorry Cala. Someone cat me *lowers hand and meanders away* ._.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1910 on: 2009 February 21, 08:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should have recolouring knowledge - I didn't take it all the way back to basic never created before at all level - so a working knowledge of what SimPE is, and how it works (like importing pictures into the file etc.). Smiley

Boo, I didn't read all of your post when I volunteered, no wonder why I was "lolwut" at points. Sorry Cala. Someone cat me *lowers hand and meanders away* ._.

I shall macro you because you asked for it, however, said macro will not tell you off - but be random.  Like so:

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
novastar
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: 2009 February 21, 09:58:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shall also dilate pupils you won't get that unless you read Cyanide and Happiness often
cookiepirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: 2009 February 21, 16:08:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I passed on all the suggestions, she says "Thanks".  She doesn't know how to mesh (this was actually her very first recolor), but she is going to work on them a bit more.  Maybe make the whole sleeves with the sweater texture, and change the polka dot hose (I thought it was fishnet as well...LOL) to either solid leggings or make the dots match the color of the sweater.  And raise the skirt waistline a bit higher. 

~ the happy little cookiepirate ~
Cookie Cannibal
MONDAYS - A terrible way to spend 1/7th of your life
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: 2009 February 21, 22:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been learning!  Grin *shocker!* I need some feedback because I'm stuck. The first one is an Agustin hair that came with his new simmie!

I wanted it to look kinda chunky. My issue is the bottom of the hair has random curly bits that I'm not sure I should edit off. I know it can't be seen very well in the pictures, but I've tried warpping the crap out of the texture to fit the curls and it comes out distorted. It can kinda be seen on the front. Any ideas?

Next one is a Nouk hair I have been working on since it came out!

The lovely Nouk helped me fix the reason why I couldn't get rid of the braids, but I'm having issues lining up the highlights. I want a halo effect as seen here:

http://www.noukiesims2.net/tiny/index.php?topic=53.0

But no matter which way I turn the highlights and warp the the textures, they never go the way I want them to.  Huh Any one of pure genius available to help? And I know the color on the top and bottom portions is a bit off. At the time I was more concerned with the highlights and trying to get the strands looking like they are pulled back and just magically back in a bun.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
pinkyfriend
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: 2009 February 22, 00:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the way the back of the top one looks & don't think the few curls in front distract at all. I would def dl!! (not so subtle hint)

"The internet is like a petri dish...you drop one stupid spore in and it just grows like crazy" - my son
Beth
ARR!

Random writing.

View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: 2009 February 22, 00:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried De-braiding that hair too lol Bonbon! I gave up though because Nouk has meshed the hanging bits of hair so that they're thick enough to look like braids so I didn't think it fitted, but you've made it look lovely!
I really like the fiorst hair too, can we have a closer pic?

Updated April 30th!
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: 2009 February 22, 01:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks guys. Unfortunately if I try to get a closer picture of it, the then bottom ends get cut off. Seeing as that's where my issues lie, it doesn't really help.  Sad I can promise it's weird as fuck looking. If I fire up my game again, I'll try to import that hair and take some pictures of the hair.

I tried De-braiding that hair too lol Bonbon! I gave up though because Nouk has meshed the hanging bits of hair so that they're thick enough to look like braids so I didn't think it fitted, but you've made it look lovely!
I really like the fiorst hair too, can we have a closer pic?

Cheesy Yeah I kept trying and couldn't get rid of the braids. Of course it took Nouk to tell me that I had to get rid up the bump map. *Head desk* Without the braids, it makes me think more of dreadlocks, but I can't get the darned highlights to match up.  Cry

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: 2009 February 22, 02:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the head part: what you could try (but you're probably doing that) is using the braids as a guide on how to bend the straight hairtextures. You paste several parts on top of eachother and use the eraser to make them blend into eachother.
As for the alpha: you will need to create a hairline to make it look natural.
You can grab a working hairline from this hair: http://www.noukiesims2.net/tiny/index.php?topic=12.0

For the braidy part: if you alpha out the ends you can make it look more like strands of hair. I'll try to illustrate it. One sec. Smiley
Grab image here: http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9813/forbraids.jpg
« Last Edit: 2009 February 22, 03:05:05 by Anouk » Logged

Inactive
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: 2009 February 22, 03:47:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did use the braids at first, but somehow I would always end up with a "V" highlight across the top. What I have in that picture is by me taking each section of the texture and placing and warping it and making sure the hair at least was "rounded" towards the back. I haven't tried the eraser trick since I'm just using Pooklet's warping tutorial on GOS. Might help if I actually played around with photoshop.  Cheesy

Now when you saw working hairline, what do you mean? I get that mine is very crappily done since I just filled in the braid alpha, but would I just take the alpha from the mowhawk and add it to this one?

Not to mention I never thought about alpha editing the ends. I shall try that now.  Grin Thanks you again Nouk.

Edit: Okay so I slapped on the alpha you had. I liked the looked but it left a weird greyness on the ends whenever the head was viewed from behind.

So I tried shortening it to see if maybe it was just hitting a highlight.

Still ended up with the greyness and the shorter I made the strands, the more the top part of the bun disappeared. It's not as noticeable with the original length, but there is still a small hole where the top part of the bun meets the head.

I would love it to be more choppy on the strands, but unfortunately it creates holes.  Cry
« Last Edit: 2009 February 22, 04:12:00 by Missbonbon » Logged

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: 2009 February 22, 04:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, with a working hairline I mean a hairline that is not a straight line, but looks more natural. You would have to edit and nudge the mohawk hairline a little bit but it should fit. Use that as an alpha and see what it looks like. Smiley
I would send you the mapping for the part you are editing but I'm not at home... you['re definately on the right track though.

Inactive
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: