PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 23:55:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 873917 times)
Kaitlyn
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #1845 on: 2009 February 04, 17:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad you find them useful.  Smiley  Like TapThatBooty said, they do make the ultimate OMSP.  The first time I used that wall shelf in Al with the snaptogrid cheat on I thought if it only had an invisible recolor (and a few other tweaks) it could be the most awesome thing ever - well, for slot addicts like me, anyway.  I'm in the middle of making a huge set of interesting slot thingamajigs, and I'm so excited about it I can hardly sit still.  Cheesy

SoggyFox, your town sounds nifty.  I'm trying to do that, too, have many different stores for my sims to go to.   I'm also working on a set of store-type shiftable shelves that I can post later, if you like.  I was trying for something that looked more like the standard shelves like you find in most major grocery stores.  They are made, but they only have one color, and it's kind of sucky because I don't texture well; but they are also shiftable, so you can have many shelves instead of just two like the OFB shelves. 
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1846 on: 2009 February 04, 19:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since you executed your invisible shelf better than mine, i turned it into another shelf for counter culture matching. Once I manage to get the energy to make modular sofa meshes and stuff, it will allow for shelfs that work in the kitchen, living room and bedroom [I'm going to make a bed too - I like matching and recolouring easily.]

And thanks - just figured maybe I'll have more fun playing with my sims if I start with setting up the town itself.  Not sure how I'm going to handle vacations - as I understand it, the vacation areas can't be set to one of the three types, so it'd just be generic.  I might go in, set up all three, then tweak the buildings a bit to make them look better.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1847 on: 2009 February 04, 20:22:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, and if anyone wanted my neutral witch nursery recolours and the baby bedding curtains - they're up here - http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=316965

www.thestormradio.com
Kaitlyn
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: 2009 February 04, 21:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since you executed your invisible shelf better than mine, i turned it into another shelf for counter culture matching. Once I manage to get the energy to make modular sofa meshes and stuff, it will allow for shelfs that work in the kitchen, living room and bedroom [I'm going to make a bed too - I like matching and recolouring easily.]

Excellent, do what you want with them, totally.  Strict TOUs annoy me.  Moar shelves!   Cheesy

And thanks - just figured maybe I'll have more fun playing with my sims if I start with setting up the town itself.  Not sure how I'm going to handle vacations - as I understand it, the vacation areas can't be set to one of the three types, so it'd just be generic.  I might go in, set up all three, then tweak the buildings a bit to make them look better.
Sorry if this is completely obtuse on my part, but what do you mean by 'the vacation areas can't be set to one of the three types'?  Do you mean the lots, or the hood itself or what?  I have only just started on the vacation hoods in my neighborhood.  It's slow going.  I wanted to hand-make the locals this time around, and it turns out that I'm just terrible at making believable looking Asian sims.   So it keeps getting put off for easier things.   Roll Eyes
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1849 on: 2009 February 04, 22:10:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To the best of my knowledge [and it could be I'm comepletely wrong or someone clever made a fix] the only have to have the asian vacation stuff is by going to the premade asian area, etc.

Thing is, about the only thing I don't like in the various vacation areas are the vacation homes.

www.thestormradio.com
eternal_darkness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: 2009 February 04, 22:23:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I converted my first mesh today..of the talking table...from a tutorial. Undecided I'll post pics, assuming all goes well and that I can get it into the game. Kudos to the pros. This s**t takes forever!

The World Will Look Up and Shout, “Save Us!” And I’ll Look Down and Whisper, “No.”
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1851 on: 2009 February 04, 22:28:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It can, yes - but there is a certain satisfaction that comes with having it work.

www.thestormradio.com
Kaitlyn
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: 2009 February 04, 22:28:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SoggyFox, okay, now I see what you're saying; that's the way I understand it to be also.  I don't think I've ever actually played any of the pre-made vacation homes yet.  My sims are poor, mostly, so they just buy cheap, empty, tiny lots and camp out.   Cheesy    

I converted my first mesh today..of the talking table...from a tutorial. Undecided I'll post pics, assuming all goes well and that I can get it into the game. Kudos to the pros. This s**t takes forever!

Hehe, it does get easier, promise!   Wink
soulpatrolmn
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: 2009 February 05, 03:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably nothing special to you guys, but it's the first time I've created a decent looking house.

I spent all day learning how to make 4 click walls and that, and I'm still not entirely happy with it. I can't get rid of the brown outline around the top rectangle.

Also, my Sim can't go swimming otherwise she gets caught, so I had to put an invisible fence around it. Otherwise, I'm pretty proud.

Rum_Pig that house looks great. Will you be uploading it anywhere?
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1854 on: 2009 February 05, 04:05:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I meant I'd modified my own invis-shelf to be a maxis match shelf for the counter culture counters [since with the add-ons by Numenor and Mary Lou, its about the only kitchen I use anymore....]. Smiley

No point in having multiple invisishelves out there and you did them better - I just need to unzip them and put them in my game folder.

www.thestormradio.com
Rum_Pig
Landlubber

Oink!

View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: 2009 February 05, 04:22:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rum_Pig that house looks great. Will you be uploading it anywhere?

I will once I figure out why my game won't load and keeps giving me a blank error. It was working a few hours ago. I dunno. Maybe it has something to do with me installing SimCity 4 on here :/

dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: 2009 February 05, 04:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rum_Pig, try deleting your groups.cache and your accessories.cache in your Sims2 folder.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Rum_Pig
Landlubber

Oink!

View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: 2009 February 05, 04:45:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rum_Pig, try deleting your groups.cache and your accessories.cache in your Sims2 folder.

Cheers dusdeedawn! That did the trick! I ended up uninstalling simcity, and updating everything on here and it still wouldn't work. Then I saw your reply and tried it and it worked a treat!

keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: 2009 February 05, 05:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do that every-once-and-awhile, Rum Pig. That way it won't get corrupted.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: 2009 February 05, 05:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wind up doing it every time I go on a downloading spree... Let's see, that's what, four times in as many days... Hi, my name is Paden, and I'm a Sims 2 custom content download addict...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: