PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 09:32:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 876196 times)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #1680 on: 2009 January 08, 01:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd have to look and see what sizes you can get a way with, but yes, you just put the image in your paintings folder - right now I've got several sets that were done for defaults that I converted back, some japanese stuff that was done as painting files, and some Olivia paintings I shrunk down myself.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
pinkyfriend
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: 2009 January 08, 02:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess the next question would be how to make them defaults. Any tutorials on this or is it too easy (except for me  Tongue )
I learn so much on this site!

"The internet is like a petri dish...you drop one stupid spore in and it just grows like crazy" - my son
Rum_Pig
Landlubber

Oink!

View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: 2009 January 08, 02:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was never able to get into Buffy, it bored the livin shit out of me, but that's just how I am.

Same here. Firefly on the other hand...

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1683 on: 2009 January 08, 03:47:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess the next question would be how to make them defaults. Any tutorials on this or is it too easy (except for me  Tongue )
I learn so much on this site!

i'm fairly sure there is a tutorial over on mts2 - but it might be in an odd place - try doing a search for default and it should bring up the paintings and how to make new defaults

www.thestormradio.com
gayle_afcb
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1684 on: 2009 January 08, 11:48:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have kind of a silly question but since this is a creation thread I'm gonna ask anyway. To get your sims to paint personalized paintings you just put pics in the painting folder??
And if so, what size do they need to be? I've always wanted to do my own set of paintings for my sims to do, but I've never known how! I would share too  Kiss

I don't think the size matters too much.  I have about 30/40 paintings in my paintings folder and the images I added range from 100x100 up to 1000x1200.  The only thing to remember I guess is that they need to be rectangular with the short side top and bottom or they end up being painted all squashed up! As for defaults I don't know but agree with soggyfox, if any has a tutorial it will be MTS2.

It's official - I haz a crazy, paranoid, psychotic internet stalker... Waves to Atwat Tongue

Sims2Artists S2A forum
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: 2009 January 08, 22:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was never able to get into Buffy, it bored the livin shit out of me, but that's just how I am.

Angry Stupid husband watched stupid Firefly and eventually stupid me had to watch and stupid me now loves stupid Firefly and it's stupid. Cheesy
Same stupid thing happened with stupid Cowboy Bebop. Stupid husband!

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1686 on: 2009 January 08, 22:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Angry Stupid husband watched stupid Firefly and eventually stupid me had to watch and stupid me now loves stupid Firefly and it's stupid. Cheesy

And now you have to watch Nathan Fillion in his extremely tight pants - cry me a river of tears. Cheesy I think it's pretty obvious I love BTVS - I have a page devoted to the characters on my site. I love Angel and Firefly as well. Why'd they have to cancel it? WHY? Stupid cheap tv stations.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: 2009 January 08, 23:01:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Firefly was the bomb, I loved that series. I will agree, why in the hell do they always cancel the good ones and leave the shit on the air? WHY?!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
TapThatBooty
ARR!

yey me, im in the 20's club!!

View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: 2009 January 08, 23:06:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a weird Buffy fan - the show was good enough, but I -way- prefer the movie.

Ewwwww, Soggy, that is a terrible thing to say. I mean, it's just so gross and icky. The movie was a joke, it was produced as a joke and got treated like a joke. Joss had this taken over by a lot of other producers, who decided to change most of the script, dropped the horror aspect and go with the comedy. Joss gave up eventualy. It was just a big joke lol.
The TV show on the other hand, THAT was where it was good, the way the show is is how Joss wanted the movie to be. The movie was redone in comic book form to fit in better with the show, and it works so much better that way. While I'm not 100% happy with how they are developing Buffy as a character, I must still get every issue for my new fix in Buffy lol.
Now, I must go and scrape my eyes out after reading what you put there Tongue.

When the show first came out, I hated it, thought the concept was a terrible idea and it just bored me too. Then during the summer holidays oh so many lifetimes ago, I went round to my bestmates hous and she was watching it on tape, I sat with her, and then it began, my long lasting love of Buffy. I dunno what happened, but I became hooked, a few weeks after that me and my mom were in the American PX(I lived in an army camp in germany, some of them contain stores that sells only american products, like candy, chips, soda, DVD players, DVD's, clothes, was a fantastic place), and I spotted the Bible, the first season of Buffy on DVD and it was the last one and I knew I must have it, so I got it. Fast forward to present day, my room is a shrine to the show, I have soooo much memrobilia of the show, 1:6 scale action figures, 6" action figures, a premium format satue of Buffy (number 16 of 350 made), original autographs, a signed last episode script with Sarah Michelle Gellars autograph!! Pieces of clothing worn by the actors, I could go on and on, and I will put up some pictures of my old room 2 houses ago. I am gutted though, When we moved to our own house in Hamilton, Scotland, my bedroom there is HUGE, so I put out all my stuff, it was like walking into a Buffy shop, then we moved over here, and my room is very small, I could probably only just swing a cat in it, so I only have a little amount out.

I have never EVER watched a Firefly episode or the movie, I don't know why, I love science, and I love space, but the show just never appealed to me.

And now you have to watch Nathan Fillion in his extremely tight pants - cry me a river of tears. Cheesy I think it's pretty obvious I love BTVS - I have a page devoted to the characters on my site. I love Angel and Firefly as well. Why'd they have to cancel it? WHY? Stupid cheap tv stations.

Nathan Fillion is quite the dish isn't he, he was in last seasons Desperate Housewives. I noticed your Buffy page, I stole Faith. OH OH!! That reminds me actualy!! The tattoo you added to Faith, would you be willing to make a male version of that skin, pretty please, with a bottle of rum on top, I have that tattoo, like a real one, in the same place, and it would go great for a self-sim. It is actualy a very interesting tribal design and the meaning behind it is a beautiful one, and actualy suits me down to a T, and the character of Faith. My next tattoo is my initials in the Buffy font, im still not sure where I am going to get that one, im thinking my wrist, but I am also wanting to get Chinease(SP) symbols, the ones that David Boreanaz*Swoons, dramatic sigh  Kiss* has on his. And then the Mark of Eyghon on the fold of my inner elbow, just above my forearm.
With Buffy, I knew that the cast's original contracts were only agreed for 7 season, when the cast were approached about extending their contracts, all were in agreement apart from Sarah, she wanted to persue other things. She then Said she would never make a Buffy movie, that the way Buffy ended was a nice closing for the show, and to reopen it, would kill it. She has now changed that, and has hinted at the prospect of a  movie, I can only pray.

OH OH!! Sorry, I have got all excited talking about Buffy, but Joss Whedon and Eliza Dushku's new show, Joss is the director, Eliza is a producer and the lead role, starts next month on the 13th I believe, it is called Dollhouse, and the show is about people, Actives, who have their minds removed. They are then hired out to people, be it for companionship, to assasinate someone, attend a party or dinner with someone, rob a bank etc, they can be programmed to do anything, know anything and be anyone. When their assignment is over, their memory of it is wipped clean. Eliza's character, Echo, starts to remember things that she has done. The show just sounds soooooo very good, and it is something I will be watching religiously.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1689 on: 2009 January 08, 23:14:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Firefly was the bomb, I loved that series. I will agree, why in the hell do they always cancel the good ones and leave the shit on the air? WHY?!

It was fiscally driven - 1 million to make Big Brother dross, but 2.2 million per episode for Firefly.  Still sucks though - but at least I have my collector tin DVDs to stroke.  Cheesy

I have never EVER watched a Firefly episode or the movie, I don't know why, I love science, and I love space, but the show just never appealed to me.

Watch it - the snappy dialogue is great.

OH OH!! That reminds me actualy!! The tattoo you added to Faith, would you be willing to make a male version of that skin, pretty please, with a bottle of rum on top, I have that tattoo, like a real one, in the same place, and it would go great for a self-sim.

You got it - Maxis or my own defaults as the base?

OH OH!! Sorry, I have got all excited talking about Buffy, but Joss Whedon and Eliza Dushku's new show, Joss is the director, Eliza is a producer and the lead role, starts next month on the 13th I believe, it is called Dollhouse, and the show is about people, Actives, who have their minds removed. They are then hired out to people, be it for companionship, to assasinate someone, attend a party or dinner with someone, rob a bank etc, they can be programmed to do anything, know anything and be anyone. When their assignment is over, their memory of it is wipped clean. Eliza's character, Echo, starts to remember things that she has done. The show just sounds soooooo very good, and it is something I will be watching religiously.

I know - I can't wait for it to get out here, and nor can I wait to buy Dr. Horrible on DVD.  *Don't tell me to buy it on iTunes - I already tried - not available in bloody bloody Australia.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
TapThatBooty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: 2009 January 08, 23:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Watch it - the snappy dialogue is great.

If I ever notice it on TV then I will, but here's the shocking part, I don't watch TV, but if I ever flick through the channels that isn't music ones, then I'll watch it.

OH OH!! That reminds me actualy!! The tattoo you added to Faith, would you be willing to make a male version of that skin, pretty please, with a bottle of rum on top, I have that tattoo, like a real one, in the same place, and it would go great for a self-sim.

You got it - Maxis or my own defaults as the base?

Thank you! I don't think I have your defaults, only the Faith skintone, so the maxis one? The first or second tone if that'ok? I'm not in any rush for it though, so only do it when you have the time if you want.  Wink

I know - I can't wait for it to get out here, and nor can I wait to buy Dr. Horrible on DVD.  *Don't tell me to buy it on iTunes - I already tried - not available in bloody bloody Australia.

I always thought you lived in America for some reason  Embarrassed. I know, it looks so good, plus I think Eliza is a fantastic actress, I have Tru Calling on DVD too, it's a shame that show got canceled. I don't know what Dr. Horrible is *takes a trip to youTube*. OMG! I just watched a few videos there, it looks awesome, is it a musical? And it has Felicia Day in it, and Nathan Fillian, who were both in Buffy, playing Vi and Caleb. I must watch this show not too hehe. I wonder when it comes out on DVD here.

« Last Edit: 2009 January 09, 17:47:13 by TapThatBooty » Logged
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: 2009 January 09, 02:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy I was just watching Dr. Horrible on my I-pod on the way home from work. I was sent home because I'm too sick to work...my boss saw me and told me to go home and get my ass in bed.

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
ekrubynaffit
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: 2009 January 09, 10:54:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just finished this house if anyone wants it. No cc requires nightlife, seasons, Freetime, Apartment lfe, Kitchen and bath and Mansion and garden, has 3 floors, 6 bedrooms 5 bathrooms

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e2f2b347ed1ce18491b20cc0d07ba4d2c4acb20d361ba788

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1693 on: 2009 January 09, 17:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, what a lovely house!

And I know the movie was a comedy - but I don't -like- horror, and I do like Donald Sutherland, and Rutger Hauer - neither of whom were in the TV show.  And its not like I didn't -like- the TV show.

www.thestormradio.com
TapThatBooty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: 2009 January 09, 17:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is a lovely house there Ekrubynaffit. There is one problem that I can see with it, and that is the mailbox, You have placed it with it overlapping a fence, and I don't think that the Sims will have the brains to relise that they can, in fact, still go over that tiny wee fencing there. And I would suggest adding replacing a few of the trees for mor variety of them. Other than these tiny things, it is lovely.  Cheesy

Soggy, the movie was originaly supposed to be a horror with comedy elements through it, but after the wolves got a hold of it, they completely changed it. I'm not attacking you for liking the movie *checks to make sure my imaginary stick is hidden well behind my back*. I just feel that the TV show is what Joss's original concept of the movie is what he wanted. There is a propper sentance in there somewhere.
I am seriously lacking in sleep this week, it's my first week back at college and on Tuesday night I was reading over an assignment I had done for my Environmental Science class and decided I hated everything about it, so I was redoing it, then my computer restarted itself to install updates and I lost EVERYTHING, so i had to reredo it again, I finaly got it finished at 6:20am, 40 mins before I was due to get up, so I didn't bother going to sleep. I did, however, get to catch 40 winks in my english class because my lecturer was late in. She didn't recognise me because I wasn't wearing my beanie hat and had my hair all spikey. I wasn't impressed when I handed in my assignment as I was the only one to meet the deadline and my lecturer extended it so the other students could get it finished, so I spent the class sat at my desk twiddling my thumbs, and to brass me off even more, they used the extra time given to them to listen to music, play games and talk, and then produced next to nothing. So I wasn't very pleased, now I am just very tired, I think I may just sleep all weekend. Grin

I watched Dr. Horrible, it was absolutly fantastic, I have it on my iPod, and I am waiting for the DVD release of it. The ending is so sad though, typical Joss though I guess. I actualy prefer this musical to the Buffy musical Shocked, I know, shocking, but I felt that this was a better written piece, with a more complete story structure. And how good does Felicia Day look with long hair?

Has anyone caught her online web series, The Guild? It is fantastic too, you can watch it on the web site or youtube, also on DVD. I may get that too.

Well, I just went on and on there didn't I? I'm sorry about that.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: