PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 05:36:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 876139 times)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #1515 on: 2008 December 22, 22:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few years ago, I found it - could be a massive cavity, or I could have cracked it grinding my teeth - usually doesn't hurt, but when I went to get it yanked, they wanted to charge me a non-covered cost for bone transplant.....

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: 2008 December 22, 23:28:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few years ago, I found it - could be a massive cavity, or I could have cracked it grinding my teeth - usually doesn't hurt, but when I went to get it yanked, they wanted to charge me a non-covered cost for bone transplant.....

That sounds odd to me. I would maybe see another dentist. I've not heard of bone transplants for cracked teeth. Granted I'm only a student, but that just seems kinda off to me. I would definetly get a second opinion.

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1517 on: 2008 December 22, 23:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, what they do is replace the bone where the roots of the teeth have left a hole, so teeth can shift around - sounds good, but didn't have the 300$ to afford it.  Figure maybe the oral surgeon taking my wisdom teeth might be willing to yank it too while they're in there.  I've got a tiny jaw, so the idea of my teeth having a little room to spread out sounded good....but foxes are not rich.

www.thestormradio.com
pinkyfriend
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: 2008 December 22, 23:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would rather give birth than go to the dentist...seriously. I hate dentists as much as I hate spiders (massive arachnophobia). Once, when I was in the dentists chair he walked in the room & I informed him that he must first slay the spider up in the corner or slay himself as I could not tolerate the 2 of them in the same room at the same time! That dentist had no sense of humor either so now I have a different one that - kinda - understands my phobia. 

"The internet is like a petri dish...you drop one stupid spore in and it just grows like crazy" - my son
EmilyTwitch
Mentally Retarded
ARR!

is still in 12-school...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1519 on: 2008 December 23, 06:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would rather give birth than go to the dentist...seriously. I hate dentists as much as I hate spiders (massive arachnophobia). Once, when I was in the dentists chair he walked in the room & I informed him that he must first slay the spider up in the corner or slay himself as I could not tolerate the 2 of them in the same room at the same time! That dentist had no sense of humor either so now I have a different one that - kinda - understands my phobia. 
You'd hate me. I love spiders, and dentists don't bother me.  Smiley

I've never had a cavity, and I just got my braces off after SIX FRIGGIN-FRAGGIN YEARS in November. Over those six years I've had a palate expander (the weird thing mentioned earlier in the thread), some thing called a Herbst appliance (shocks from a 57 Chevy, more like), and full mouth braces and rubber bands. I'm just lucky I made it out without headgear.  Tongue

Oh look, I get a speshul title. Thanks Pescado.
Artwork?
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: 2008 December 23, 06:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love spiders, and dentists don't bother me.

You actually like spiders? Amazing...
Yeah, I usually am okay with going to the dentist. I have a very nice one. I can actually tolerate oral shots from him (even though I cannot tolerate shots in any other part of my body) because of the way he does. When he administers them, they don't hurt much at all. I will be very sad when he retires.  Sad

EDIT: To get this subject somewhat back on track, I wanted to show some really boring eyeballs I made. These are far too crappy for me to upload anywhere but I'm using them for my ugly sim experiment, and thought you all might just like to see them:
« Last Edit: 2008 December 23, 08:05:30 by heartless » Logged
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1521 on: 2008 December 23, 13:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like spiders too - interesting creatures, and they kil bugs *shudder*

And I love the colour on those eyes.  I don't think they are boring or ugly.

www.thestormradio.com
Mheyin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: 2008 December 23, 14:42:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love spiders. They're so beautiful!

Dentists, on the other hand, I am deathly afraid of. I also have a giant hole in one of my molars which has been there for about 15 years now (I got punched in the face and the thing broke, for those curious about its origins), and my dentist seems to take too much pleasure in discussing how he wants to fix it. I've been using my lack of funding as an excuse to avoid him for 6 months now. He's started mailing me little cards telling me I should come back. I'm pretty sure that he'll show up at my house one of these days to finally do the crown. I guess that's my fault for having a dentist who looks awfully similar to Dr. Giggles.

And I think those eyes are pretty too, Heartless. You should upload them!

Yo-ho, haul together,
Hoist the colors high!
Heave-ho, thieves and beggars,
Never say we die!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: 2008 December 23, 16:55:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should tell him that you don't want the damn thing fixed, you want the fucking thing pulled. Much better to get it yanked than put up with the pain. How do I know? I have one where the filling is buckled and the molar broken, with a fucking abscess under it that keeps filling and breaking and making me barf. The worst thing is that there is only one dentist in this little village and getting in can be a royal bitch. Shows what happens when your damn mother-n-law doesn't check the walnuts for shells before making the brownies... Bitch has it in for me, I'm telling you.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: 2008 December 23, 17:43:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should tell him that you don't want the damn thing fixed, you want the fucking thing pulled. Much better to get it yanked than put up with the pain. How do I know? I have one where the filling is buckled and the molar broken, with a fucking abscess under it that keeps filling and breaking and making me barf. The worst thing is that there is only one dentist in this little village and getting in can be a royal bitch. Shows what happens when your damn mother-n-law doesn't check the walnuts for shells before making the brownies... Bitch has it in for me, I'm telling you.

Ouch! That sucks Paden, I'm sorry. Hopefully it'll get resolved. Abscesses arent fun Sad

heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: 2008 December 23, 19:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eeek! Teeth abscesses! You have my deepest sympathies.  Sad
Hmmm... Maybe the eyes do have potential than.  Tongue
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: 2008 December 23, 20:07:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also am terrified of the dentist. I haven't been to one for a couple of years. My teeth aren't super straight at all, so I shudder to think they're probably going to be like "BRACES!" The thing is, I grew up in a really poor family, so we never had the money to get my teeth fixed. It's kind of an embarrassing issue when I meet new people, too. One of my front teeth is pushed upward, so it looks shorter than the other. I have insurance through my dad right now, but I dunno what that would cover, and I'm working for just above minimum wage in one of the US's most expensive cities. 'Tis my plight. I am a compulsive tooth brusher, however, so I'm sure I don't have cavities.

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1527 on: 2008 December 23, 21:27:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thing is, when I went in, they refused to -just- pull the tooth, and since insurance covers that completely, but not the other crap, the tooth is still in my mouth.

And abscess....yewoch.  Get that pulled and dealt with asap, Paden, apparently the stuff can cause other problems, some serious.

I need a root canal too, bot another tooth with a cavity - and a crown.  Honestly, I expect they'll want to crown my other teeth too - I've been grinding my teeth for years and they are cool sensitive now.

I also need to get scaling done, which scares the crap out of me, not to mention my insurance covers less than half of the 1300 bill this dentist wants to charge [ I'm so checking around on the few other dentists under my plan.

www.thestormradio.com
Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: 2008 December 23, 21:37:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am a compulsive tooth brusher, however, so I'm sure I don't have cavities.

Add compulsive floaaing you should be all set Wink, I'm sorry but they drill this stuff into me at school.

And abscess....yewoch.  Get that pulled and dealt with asap, Paden, apparently the stuff can cause other problems, some serious.

I agree. There are many other heath problems that can occur because its very easy for infections to spread throughout the head and neck, a lot easier than other parts of the body due to the structure of the veins in that area.

I also need to get scaling done, which scares the crap out of me, not to mention my insurance covers less than half of the 1300 bill this dentist wants to charge [ I'm so checking around on the few other dentists under my plan.

Not to make light of your fears, but I start scaling patients who arent in the dental program next semester and I'm wicked excited!

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1529 on: 2008 December 23, 22:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to make light of your fears, but I start scaling patients who arent in the dental program next semester and I'm wicked excited!

Yes, but you won't be the one feeling the pain...I've got sensitive gums and a tiny mouth. /whine Smiley

www.thestormradio.com
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: