PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:18:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  More reasons for destroying paysites
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More reasons for destroying paysites  (Read 5224 times)
cleveralias
Landlubber

View Profile
More reasons for destroying paysites
« on: 2006 December 13, 20:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-ads on the official site

-overpriced stuff packs

-no longer getting objects on simdays at the official site

Can anyone think of more?

I remember the days of the original sims and it has sickened me to watch the franchise turn into what it has. Even though I love seeing the game go 3-D, so much of it is worse in terms of the online community aspect, and the contents of the expansion packs. I didn't think 125 objects was enough back then! And now I'm expected to pay more for even less.

I've already made up my mind that I'm not buying into the Sims 3 or Spore. Which is why I'm keeping the above list to remind myself of why I've made that decision.
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 13, 21:26:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you saying 'The Official site must be destroyed'?

LOL!

I'm with you, although I don't think the official site needs to be destroyed, but Maxis/EA sure needs to see what they've done to this community by not offering stuff the way they did, the freebies, , the no support, no anything and the outrageous prices of Stuff Packs. IMO, they have 'led the way' for the greedy creators.

They HAD the number one game and they took it and trashed it. Of course, the greed of the paysites hasn't helped the community either.

People like Pescado, Quaxi and all those that have helped over there with SimPE, so many names I can't remember them, Darkmatter, Inge, Pinhead, JFade, Twojeffs, LizzLove, Crammyboy, oh so many! Those people have helped the community and always are glad to help and never ever ask for a cent. And last but in no way least: all the folks that have contributed files here and at SFV and helped make the game fun for everyone!
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 13, 23:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YOU'RE NOT BUYING SPORE?!

I can't not buy Spore.

Solowren
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 14, 00:20:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Plum"

I can't not buy Spore.

Agreed. That game is going to kick ass.

And about the Stuff Packs- I don't think they're worth the money either, and I refuse to pay for them. *cough*IhavetheHolidayPackthough*cough*.

quoth my brother-in-law:
"Boobs are way better than video games. I don't care what game or whose boobs."
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 14, 00:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even my husband wants Spore, and he normally hates simulators.

Stuff Packs Must Be Destroyed... or downloaded off BitTorrent.  Whatever.

cleveralias
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 14, 01:01:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love to destroy the official site if they'd replace it with one like the original sims site!

But no, I meant that because of paysites and the community putting up with them, and even causing them to flourish, has created a domino effect back to the official site. I hate watching this franchise change into what it has: although occasionally they've given me reason to believe that they are more aware of the community than the paysites are, and will make changes more readily to accomodate the community. So I hope that by boycotting paysites, the effect paysites have had on the official site will be reversed.

There, does that sound more sensible? Smiley

(And well, if I see really awesome screenshots of Spore, and it has overwhelming good reviews, I could easily change my mind. Which is why I'm making the list now, lol!)
Vaughna
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 14, 02:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "sickpuppy"

People like Pescado, Quaxi and all those that have helped over there with SimPE, so many names I can't remember them, Darkmatter, Inge, Pinhead, JFade, Twojeffs, LizzLove, Crammyboy, oh so many! Those people have helped the community and always are glad to help and never ever ask for a cent. And last but in no way least: all the folks that have contributed files here and at SFV and helped make the game fun for everyone!

Some names left out:  Carrigon, Numenor, PLJones, Xanathon, Morague, MutantBunny, Echo, Wes_H.  There are more as well.  Carrigon is one of the biggest freedom fighters in the community.  She has fought against paysites from the beginning, and she is the reason we even have SimPe.  Numenor may mostly post to MTS2, but he keeps it free there.  PLJones is Inge's husband and he is a major reason we even have SimPe working as it does.  The others have mostly been free creators as well, but I think Xanathon went pay if I remember right.  Most of the people who work on SimPe were free, but some branched off into pay.
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 14, 04:13:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Plum"

I can't not buy Spore.

I'm not buying spore.

I'll play it but I'm not buying it.

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 14, 19:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Vaughna"
Quote from: "sickpuppy"

Some names left out:  Carrigon, Numenor, PLJones, Xanathon, Morague, MutantBunny, Echo, Wes_H.  There are more as well.  Carrigon is one of the biggest freedom fighters in the community.  She has fought against paysites from the beginning, and she is the reason we even have SimPe.  Numenor may mostly post to MTS2, but he keeps it free there.  PLJones is Inge's husband and he is a major reason we even have SimPe working as it does.  The others have mostly been free creators as well, but I think Xanathon went pay if I remember right.  Most of the people who work on SimPe were free, but some branched off into pay.

Yes. Thank you for the additions! (You have a better memory for names than I do! )
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: