PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 14:12:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!  (Read 119887 times)
Squidly
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!
« Reply #165 on: 2008 July 01, 05:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no typo inpunded there, lights a cigarette  Grin oh 2 S's  Tongue has plenty of time at this moment  Shocked

these will be the files i will be using in my downloads folder  Wink

http://i31.tinypic.com/2wobn1u.jpg

goes off to make a Sim in Body Shop, gee that took some loading!
« Last Edit: 2008 July 01, 06:56:21 by Squidly » Logged

To sit alone with my conscience will be judgment enough for me.
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2008 July 01, 09:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just been to the ea store considering you have to pay per download eeech ran straight over to mts2 to browse the good stuff just to rid the images from mind. It is only for american and canadian at the moment.  I tried to find faqs but couldn't so went to register to find out what 50 ea points were worth ( crappy chair) but you have to register before you can get to the next bit about buying sim points.  So they aren't making it easy to suss out.

Edit any one feel like me or am I just a whinge.  I am totally sick of Ea they are surrounded by so much drama with their downloads, sp, three eps straight off the cuff, securerom, I really can't be bothered anymore. When I first bought the sims 2 I thought this is brilliant but it is really getting on my nerves.  I love the idea of apartments etc but I am not a millionaire and can't afford to let them screw over my pc.  What happened to the days when you liked a game bought it put it on pc and played it no worries.  Now the paysites even if I wanted to buy individual downloads I now have to worry about if I did what else would they be sending me in the package that I don't know about.  Its so stupid turning your customers into paranoid wrecks.  If you think I am just a whinge feel free to not say so lol.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 01, 09:40:12 by justso » Logged
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2008 July 01, 11:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps this song will put your mind at ease? Or maybe this one? A lifestyle change may be in order.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2008 July 01, 11:46:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

omg. Don't you just know your in for a spanking like the naughty twelve year old you are when Pescado posts after you.  oops sorry
divinebovine
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2008 July 01, 11:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I see. I didn't go near that app. I saw the link to download them free before I even saw a link to the store. Haha.

http://hosted.mavrev.com/sims/

There are two links for each section. Do I click both or is one just a backup link in case the first is made of fail?
ADCO_Tae
ARR!

Civil official from TH & Banned ex-FA of TSR

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2008 July 01, 11:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I see. I didn't go near that app. I saw the link to download them free before I even saw a link to the store. Haha.

http://hosted.mavrev.com/sims/

There are two links for each section. Do I click both or is one just a backup link in case the first is made of fail?

They are just backup links.

I changed a lot from a stupid teen working for TSR to a civil official ( Position : Assistant District Chief Officer ) working for my country.
idtaminger
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2008 July 01, 12:40:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh. This whole debacle makes me so mad.  At this point I honestly hope someone will infect the site with a virus or launch a DOS attack on it or something. Give those little sheepie stupid enough to patronize it a wakeup call.
spenalzo
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2008 July 01, 13:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also love that they're selling these two separately, despite the fact that they're both exactly the same except that one has a crown and some bangs tacked on (and the bangs aren't even the same color as the rest of the hair Huh):

Taking one hair, making a tiny alteration & attempting to sell it as a brand new item afterwards is so Peggy-ish Cheesy Obviously EA learned their paysite lessons from the biggest rip-offs of this community.
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2008 July 01, 13:22:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the worst part of it is, despite the fact that EA has been been displaying an ever increasing disregard for the customer along with those shiny new money-suits they've been sporting, I still feel a little bit shocked and betrayed. Not a lot, as I feel this sort of thing has been a long time coming, but at least a little. I mean, EA has the right to do whatever they desire with their files (as opposed to paysites). However, they're becoming less and less friendly to the average player as time goes on. If this is how they choose to treat their paying customers and their loyal fanbase, then I haven't even the slightest reservation regarding the rapidly expanding group of players who arr their stuff. They're getting what they deserve, at this point.

Normally, I'd be arring all of this stuff right now just to make a point, to myself if nobody else. But quite frankly, from what I've seen, none of it looks nice enough to go through the trouble.

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
ADCO_Tae
ARR!

Civil official from TH & Banned ex-FA of TSR

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2008 July 01, 13:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can not believe that someone already bought 90% of the 'exclusive' items.
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=227931

She must spend a lot on that.

I changed a lot from a stupid teen working for TSR to a civil official ( Position : Assistant District Chief Officer ) working for my country.
fhat cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 2008 July 01, 14:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention the previews are so small you can't even see what you're buying.. Huh
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2008 July 01, 14:10:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trust me, there's a reason for that. I've had the chance to check out a bunch of the hairstyles in-game, and overall they are pretty bad. Classically "Maxis Bad," which shouldn't be surprising. You'd think that they'd eventually stop making hairstyles that look intensely pixelated or helmet-like, but I guess that's just wishful thinking.

I defended the curly haired style in an earlier post, saying it didn't look too bad to me. I'd like to rescind that comment. It's awful.

So far, I've found two of the female hairstyles to be okay: the ones with the upswept bangs and barrettes are decent looking and seem to be pretty well-animated (particularly the wavier, fuller one), but they still have pixelated, unnatural textures and are far from great. If I saw them on a freesite, I would pass them by without a second thought because the quality isn't even close to some of the free hairs out there (Nouk, anyone?). The rest of the styles run the gamut from pretty crappy to utter garbage.

I'll try to post some pics soon.

Edited, because I just saw the link, to add my thoughts on this:

Ew. Ew ew ew. I saw maybe one thing in that entire slideshow that was even useable. Perhaps some of the clothing meshes could be put to good use but a talented creator, but other than that, I see very little of legitimate value. Almost all of the clothes are complete fug as they are now, and the furniture and decor items are particularly appalling. Who the hell would want that crap in their house, even if it is just in The Sims?
« Last Edit: 2008 July 01, 15:21:28 by glasscigarette » Logged

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
hauntedphx
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2008 July 01, 14:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm becoming increasingly anti-EAxis.   I used to be such a die-hard fan, but they've lost my business for good.
At best, I would have expected some tolerable downloads from their official paysite.....blech. 

They picked an awesome time to launch their stupid site anyway.... the way the economy is, and the way they've already pissed off their customers with the whole Securom thing.  Even if I was still a sheep, I don't think I'd be rushing over to register and blow money on that crap.   Then again, the fine folks over at the BBS seem to like crap judging from the threads I'm seeing "zomg the download manager won't install on mah PC...halp!!!1!"

Roll Eyes
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2008 July 01, 14:34:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blergh. Just went through her album. The new EAxis stuff: DO. NOT. WANT!!!
No wonder the preview pics are so small. Roll Eyes

I defended the curly haired style in an earlier post, saying it didn't look too bad to me. I'd like to rescind that comment. It's awful.

Ditto.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2008 July 01, 15:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not impressed. I even spent some time changing numbers in SimPe to get the objects to show up in my game. The shit isn't that great. I don't like any of the hair, yuck, they really need to make better hair.

However, I am real proud of myself. SimPe usually scares the crap out of me. I've actually learned how to use it for more than checking poly counts of items.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: