PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:44:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!  (Read 118721 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!
« Reply #135 on: 2008 June 30, 18:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No need to feel sorry, Souvenirs. I think you'll find that your feelings are shared by a large part of the simming community.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
silver
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2008 June 30, 19:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In theory, this idea might have been nice. Rather than buy a stuff pack that has, perhaps, five things you really want and tons of shit you don't, you can pick and choose which items you want and make your own stuff pack.

I can almost even see making it slightly more expensive than a stuff pack. It would be rather like store specials that advertise "3 for 5 dollars, or $2.00 each." The total would be a little higher than you'd pay if you got three items, but if you want only one, in the short term, it will be better for you to get just one thing at a sale price if the regular price is still higher.

But the totals quoted here are not slightly more expensive. They are much more expensive. And if the item borks up when you use it, what is the refund or exchange policy? If I bought a stuff pack in Target, and the thing is messed up, I could get an exact exchange with a receipt. Here? It appears I might be just SOL.

Too bad. Had the price been much lower, I might have actually considered getting a few of the items. But not at these prices. I don't want them THAT much. And absolutely not with some sort of special downloader thingie that is probably loaded with something I don't want on my machine. I'd be better off buying a used copy of Celebration and just putting up with the stuff I don't want. At least I won't get nasties on my computer.

It seems that my money would be much better spent if I just gave a great free site the cash and download freely from that site instead, knowing that I am helping a talented creator. Thanks for reminding me, EA.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 30, 21:16:17 by silver » Logged
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2008 June 30, 19:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And, oh look! It appears that the hairstyles only have one age group, too! Aaaand some of them are just recolors of the existing meshes! Do you get a discount on those items? Of course not. That's right: the same hairstyles that nobody wants to use because they are crappy now have a different color flower pasted to the side, or a brand new shiny beanie plopped on top. GIVE US YUR MONEEZ NAO PLZ.

Fucking charming.

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
Millie
ARR!

Mean, callous, Harpy.

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2008 June 30, 19:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not too bright with regards modding stuff etc, but isn't this going to hugely affect the free download side of things.

What I mean is, if a creator happens to buy an item off the site, then makes an object from that base, everyone else is going to need that object to get the created object, yes?  Huh

Every time a woman masturbates, God creates a kitteh. Think of the Kittehs people!
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2008 June 30, 20:07:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hadn't even thought of that, but I believe that's how it would work. That just means that creators are going to have to clone their objects off of items in the base game or, barring that, the expansion packs, just to be safe.

This is so fucked up.

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
Eilonwynn
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2008 June 30, 20:09:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, for the love of pete. Infinite sims is reporting that installation of the download manager downloads the latest patch, which in turn adds the latest Securom.

I had kind of considered it, until I read that.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2008 June 30, 20:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One person on the BBS calculated that it would cost $484.00 to get everything on the simstore.  Nice.

Yeah. That was me (I'm sims2madaddict). So far it costs nearly £600 ($1199.75) for everything on there apart from hair. I'll calculate that later and foot the final checkout bill later. I can't be that far off if only 6 items are free, which is around $6 at most.

Edit: OK, I accounted the hair which costs 12300 Sim Points ($123) altogether. The grand total is 132275 Sim Points, which is $1322.75 for EVERYTHING on there.

WTF??? I suppose there are people stupid enough to do that, but those prices are far beyond even the greediest paysites. Their stupidity and vileness knows no bounds I guess.

ETA: Yes indeed! Their downloader installs SecuRom! Fuck EA!
« Last Edit: 2008 June 30, 20:28:49 by redisenchanted » Logged
Mheyin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2008 June 30, 20:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I became curious about these "SIX FREE ITEMS!!!!" considering the fact that I see a lot of shit that I already own (via stuff packs and EPs) and sure enough, I already own 4 out of 6 of the free items offered to me, and the two that I don't own are fucking hideous. /golfclap EA

Also, when I went to register, I discovered that EA is as family-friendly as TSR:

Yo-ho, haul together,
Hoist the colors high!
Heave-ho, thieves and beggars,
Never say we die!
CodenameEndure
Landlubber

No site is better than its owner

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2008 June 30, 20:57:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder how Will Wright is feeling right now.. seeing his "child" slain/flogged/beaten half to death by EA..  Cry

I have this weird feeling that EA will be updating the store for ½-1 year and then shut it down again due to low sales and blame the pirates on that as well - either that or the store will manage to keep EA's boat afloat until Sims 3 take over the market.

*sigh* I need moar rum if I'm going to keep my hopes about a decent EA Games up..
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2008 June 30, 21:17:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow...that EA store has some pretty ugly shit for sale.

Panthpirate
ARR!

hai i can has intrawebz lawyer nao kthxbai

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2008 June 30, 21:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NOOO!! I wanted Dashikis for my sims so bad... DAMN YOU EA!!! Angry

*waits for someone to distribute downloads free*
satsuki-chan
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2008 June 30, 21:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder how Will Wright is feeling right now.. seeing his "child" slain/flogged/beaten half to death by EA..  Cry
They're prostituting his "child", that's the sum of it. I just told my little sister (who is real-twelve) about this, and she looked at me and said "Doesn't EA realize they're going to lose customers? They need some new businesspeople." Way to go, EA, a twelve-year-old can make more logical decisions than you.
The Shady Waffle
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: 2008 June 30, 21:22:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I became curious about these "SIX FREE ITEMS!!!!" considering the fact that I see a lot of shit that I already own (via stuff packs and EPs) and sure enough, I already own 4 out of 6 of the free items offered to me, and the two that I don't own are fucking hideous. /golfclap EA

Also, when I went to register, I discovered that EA is as family-friendly as TSR:

lol Maybe they thought it was ok since it's a euphemism, or maybe someone is trying to pull a Disney's The Litte Mermaid penis on the castle thing.  Cheesy (although there are better words that would give that affect)
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: 2008 June 30, 21:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NOOO!! I wanted Dashikis for my sims so bad... DAMN YOU EA!!! Angry

*waits for someone to distribute downloads free*

do you have university?

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
silver
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2008 June 30, 21:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I should thank EA.

I resisted arrr-ing for the longest time, thinking that it wasn't right to download an entire EP or Stuff Pack. But if I want only one or two items from a Stuff Pack that is in the store, arr-ing might be my best option. Getting $2 worth of Suckurom-infested crap just doesn't seem to be worth being "good". It just isn't. I know that certain moral-minded citizens might scold me. But there just doesn't seem to be any point. I could download just the two items, scan them to bits to check for viral or spyware naughtiness, and stick them in my game.

It is awfully tempting ...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: