PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 01:18:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Exnem Leaves (Again) with Zero Apples
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Exnem Leaves (Again) with Zero Apples  (Read 69742 times)
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
Exnem Leaves (Again) with Zero Apples
« Reply #225 on: 2007 January 05, 17:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
Quote from: "Soup Parrot"
I visited Bennys, and (who did all the plant stuff), and then Sim Interior, and Laura Ts. Those were the days. I gave those games to my nephew, almost reordered the deluxe set.

Persimmon Grove. *nods*

Oooh! I so miss his/her things. Some of the Artistic Habitats stuff in the booty is similiar, but it's not the same.  :cry:
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: 2007 January 05, 20:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh - Persimmon Grove and Bunny Wuffles - I loved those sites.  Even downloaded every single thing on 56K dialup - now that's devotion.

I had chickens and pheasants, and the gazebos, and the railway station - ahhh.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Captain Flint
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2007 January 05, 21:46:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Persimmon Grove's "homepage" can still be found here http://meanreds.com/persimmongrove/

I still use some of her creations when i play the sims

BunnyWuffles forum information can be found here http://sas.planetthesims.gamespy.com/bwsost/bwsost.htm

she can still be found at TSR as of this date as well,
she has been there since 2000 and her last post was December 21st, 2006

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/member.php?find=lastposter&t=321368

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/exnem]Exnem[/url] Exnem
Sims 2
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2007 January 05, 22:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing for TS2 there though, and therin lies the sadness...Sad

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: 2007 January 06, 11:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was still downloading their stuff right up to the time that I started Sims 2 - but I don't get to play 2 much, let alone 1.  I got the washer and dryer that Bunny Wuffles released later.  

I do so wish that they would create for ts2 - we need more verdant greenery - such as they did - and more grand houses and serious projects with 50,000 peices of cc to put them together  :shock: - weird huh?

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2007 January 06, 11:44:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Echoing on the issue of Fair Use, that you can, but you better be ready to pull it down as soon as they complain.

Adding:

Sometimes people put up content and think it's Fair Use because their site is free...but they have banner ads. Or a bandwidth tip-jar.
Any lawyer worth their salt will point this up as making money off the file. People came to the site to download, ergo their copyright is being illegally sold via the pageviews.

They could also claim that you're hurting their negotiation possibilities as a sponsored object in the game (Alienware computer, etc.)
After all, why should they pay/get paid to put their content in the game if the community downloads the same for free.

And if they did sue after you ignored their C&D, they don't have to win- they just have to make your life hell, and it'll serve as a warning to others.

Look how well it's worked for Disney, that people speak of their legal department in fear and awe.
yamikuronue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2007 January 08, 22:54:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "LesserOr"
Echoing on the issue of Fair Use, that you can, but you better be ready to pull it down as soon as they complain.

Adding:

Sometimes people put up content and think it's Fair Use because their site is free...but they have banner ads. Or a bandwidth tip-jar.
Any lawyer worth their salt will point this up as making money off the file. People came to the site to download, ergo their copyright is being illegally sold via the pageviews.

They could also claim that you're hurting their negotiation possibilities as a sponsored object in the game (Alienware computer, etc.)
After all, why should they pay/get paid to put their content in the game if the community downloads the same for free.

And if they did sue after you ignored their C&D, they don't have to win- they just have to make your life hell, and it'll serve as a warning to others.

Look how well it's worked for Disney, that people speak of their legal department in fear and awe.

so have them put it here. Ad-free!
karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2007 January 09, 00:21:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

some of the old sims1 stuff is being recreated by birgit at junipersun forum and you can find it in the muse cafe section

http://junipersun.planetthesims.gamespy.com/forum/index.php
cakewalk
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2007 January 09, 18:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great!  Cheesy I go to install The Sims 2 in my computer, It must be great to have those items for this game version too!  Cheesy
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2007 January 09, 18:31:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "karu"
some of the old sims1 stuff is being recreated by birgit at junipersun forum and you can find it in the muse cafe section

http://junipersun.planetthesims.gamespy.com/forum/index.php

Thanks so much for the link! Er I mean AAARRR!
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: 2007 January 10, 21:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to drag the thread back on topic and all but

EXNEM HAS A HARD TIME FINDING REAL FRIENDS :roll:

Oh and he is turning into some wannabe TSR encouraging people to create for the subscriber area and is making enough money to throw cash back at them!

http://www.exnemsims.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1267

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
FreakyBooty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2007 January 11, 01:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "PirateBooty"
Sorry to drag the thread back on topic and all but

EXNEM HAS A HARD TIME FINDING REAL FRIENDS :roll:

Oh and he is turning into some wannabe TSR encouraging people to create for the subscriber area and is making enough money to throw cash back at them!

http://www.exnemsims.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1267

Well, it would be hard finding & keeping friends with an attitude of "Screw you guys, I'm going home"

So basically, he only wants submissions that are fantabulous, so that he can say, see this "insert fantabulous item here"?  Well it was SO good, that we felt the creator deserved Cold Hard Cash and therefore, if you want this fantabulous goodness, you must pay US your Cold Hard Cash .... otherwise, no cookies for you  Tongue   Not to mention bragging rights, which I have no doubt would be employed.  We have this awesome thing here, and here only!  Want it, come and get it.  Oh, and bring your wallet.

Thanks, but no thanks.  Ickyness surrounds that place.

Do what I do, assume everyone at TSR is a cunt. Then, you can only be pleasantly surprised if they exhibit non-cunty behaviour.  -- Capucine
I is LadyGrainne, and I is a thug.  Can I has a cookie?
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2007 January 11, 01:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exnem: people don't want to be your "friends" because you demand they pay you for the privilege.

Now, I consider the pizza guy near my workplace to be a "friend" of sorts. I'm friendish with a few customers. But your customers are not generally going to be your OMG REAL FRIENDS. You have a business arrangement with them. Drop the poor-little me facade, you hypocritical jackass, and learn some customer service skills if you insist on running a business.

I know he probably won't see it, but I had to get that off my chest. I have to deal with customers face-to-face every day, blaming me for things that are in no way my fault or under my control, and sure I'll bitch about that, but not to the customers themselves! Gods, Exnem is an ass.

Jysudo
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2007 January 11, 03:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow...a  $100 buck tip ! How many will bite the bait, I wonder? But if you create that many meshes, you would be made an FA in TSR by then and receive a max of $300...

And another thing is, for clothing upload to be counted, they must be 6 in a pack?!WTF? Do they think clothes are THAT easy to made?  :evil:

o Away.
LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2007 January 11, 04:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How amazingly dickish. He wants his fans to create more content than he's done over the life of the site, at higher standards than he's upheld.
If they make it to 25 (not counting all the textures they'll have to make for it to count as one upload), then he'll "reward" them for stocking his shelves.
Asshole.
Quote from: "Jysudo"
Wow...a $100 buck tip ! How many will bite the bait, I wonder? But if you create that many meshes, you would be made an FA in TSR by then and receive a max of $300...

Considering how few responses are in that thread, probably not many.

My prediction: One or two of the most favored forum pets will get their payout.
The rest either won't make it to 25 from burnout, or will have a lot of their stuff disqualified for various "quality" transgressions.

Quote from: "Jysudo"
And another thing is, for clothing upload to be counted, they must be 6 in a pack?!WTF? Do they think clothes are THAT easy to made?  :evil:

6 textures for one mesh. If all you do is flood-fill one texture in 6 different colors, that's not hard.
Taken outside the situation, that's not a bad policy- how many people make clothing meshes and only provide one or two recolors for them?
Only counting it as one upload is shitty, though.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: