PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 08:56:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Exnem Leaves (Again) with Zero Apples
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Exnem Leaves (Again) with Zero Apples  (Read 69823 times)
bethgael
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Exnem Leaves (Again) with Zero Apples
« Reply #255 on: 2007 January 12, 01:22:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"
Quote from: "Marhis"
Perhaps it's because I'm italian, but every time I see the word "friend" in such a greasy statement, I think of mafia and it makes me puke.  :|

That's the impression I got also, although puking is not the corresponding reaction.

*snickers* I shouldn't ask, I suppose. Wink

I keep getting images of Exnem and those pooh bear dolls being shot down a la Gangs of New York.

Yeah. Thanks for that. I'm sure I wasn't quite that mentally disturbed before I started visiting this site.  :lol:

lordrichter
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2007 January 12, 01:36:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "sugapeach at exnemsims.com"
I agree that there needs to be guidelines/ terms in place for the items and that they shouldn't be posted elsewhere for free as that would be unfair to donators.
I'm thinking if someone made a set and offered an item from the set for free elsewhere that would be different, people would have to donate to get the rest of the stuff.

Sigh.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: 2007 January 12, 01:43:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't read that.  what did she say?

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2007 January 12, 05:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TS;DR version:

The 25 meshes shouldn't be posted elsewhere/for free because that would be unfair to donators.
But it would be a good idea to put just the textures up on other sites, because then people would have to donate to get the mesh.

TSR logic, IN ACTION!
lordrichter
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2007 January 12, 12:30:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What impressed me the most about that is that she says it is unfair to the people who donate but really she means that it is unfair to the people collecting the donations.

People are always paying more than they have to for stuff.  That is part of how the system works.  Most of the time, they don't even notice it.  When they do, and it is important, it is called a lesson learned.  Hell, some people do it on purpose.

She obviously thinks that creating Sims content is a commercial enterprise and she talks like a paysite owner.

It makes me wonder if she is just an avid Kool-aid drinker or if she is a plant to counter the other comment in there.
Steerpike
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: 2007 January 12, 16:32:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exnem is a 'Select Artist' at TSR. I did not know this till today.
His blog is kind of sickening to read, he can asskiss with the best of 'em.

PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: 2007 January 13, 04:48:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

exnem makes me ill. Do select artists get paid on TSR or just featured artists? I'm sure he'll be featured soon enough, what with TSR growing the collective as rabidly as they have been. Surely he'll be able to augment his income from exnemsims soon enough.

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2007 January 13, 05:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Select Artists do not get paid.  They get shit all.  Still, it's the first step into becoming an FA.  Unless he were to close down his site and work as an FA directly.
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2007 January 13, 05:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Select Artists don't get paid, only Featured and Retired Artists. H.Lin, an SA, is becoming FA soon though, so I reckon SAs could be considered a pool of potential FAs?
LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2007 January 13, 08:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Surelyfunke"
Select Artists don't get paid, only Featured and Retired Artists.

I didn't realize RAs got paid. Though I'd bet that's "selective", depending on how they retired.

Quote from: "Surelyfunke"
so I reckon SAs could be considered a pool of potential FAs?

Yes- an SA is someone who worked their way up through the community (meaning they have a high download count). Before, becoming an FA was just the next tier.
Now with this headhunting and paid work bullshit, being an SA means one of three things:

1. They're on their way to becoming an FA, with more downloads / a higher DL count.
2. They refused the invitation to be FAs (various reasons.)
3. They have a lot of downloads / high DL count, but aren't really good enough for TSR to pay.

The headhunted ones go directly to FA. You can imagine how happy this makes the SAs.

EDIT: rereading, I now realize that was rhetorical. Oh well.
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2007 January 13, 10:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh. I should clarify. RAs got paid as FAs, but I don't know if they still receive cash as RAs. Their FILES are still pay though, so TSR is effectively making money off them even after they stop creating for the site. Sorry for the confusion.
BlackPearl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: 2007 January 20, 22:17:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"
Quote from: "PirateBooty"
The food code he stole was something to make the food not rot

That's not code! That's not-code! You can't steal code REMOVAL.

lol poor fucker thot u could steal that?  rofl

I'm an asshole in real life too, so now what?

Visit Pirate friendly Sim~Antics
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2007 January 20, 22:57:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just cant see someone like Exnem giving up his own "operation" to be lacky to TSR while they get rich, he would get peanuts compared to what he's getting now. His food I think just the cookies were put there just as advertisements. Its going to be interesting Insim and MTS2 change policies, he may be forced to submit more food over there to get subscribers. He's not dumb, he doesnt want to be a FA he got his own site, he wants to be big like TSR get all the money for himself. Anywhoo, I think the quality over at TSR except for a couple artists is wavering. So will they promote next to FA? Beosboy?
Ms. Barrows?

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: 2007 January 20, 23:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems to me everytime they make some one an FA their work starts to suffer  :shock:

Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2007 January 21, 03:19:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your right Red. Or it seems they stretch the FA releases out more, and you end up with more free stuff. Morale over there is suffering I think.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: