PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:15:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 581618 times)
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 13, 09:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if you look at netseekers profile now, everything is gone, except the creations....how nice of them!

and the archive is umm like right beneath the menu lol look right under the search bar and you'll see SIMS2 252637 Total Sims 2 Files 188707 Free Sims 2 Files SHOW ARCHIVE <<<click that Smiley

also they just promoted Madisim (aka Madison) to FA status even though he primarily makes lots (their new system is anti-lot/wall makers). God he should have been an FA ages ago.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 December 13, 09:35:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course this brings me back to my favourite theme - stop all these conglomerate sites then you'll stop all these huge costs and the need for subscriptions.

Let people who can afford $5 a month have their own sites (they can press the "set up a forum" button on their cpanel if they can't write html pages).   Let those who can't afford $5 a month upload to The Exchange, Yahoo groups, Myspace or their small free space that nearly everyone gets with their ISP connection service.

Or they can use one of the email file sharing systems such as POBS at N99 or just generally post a picture somewhere, mail to the first applicant and ask that person to share.

WE DON'T NEED PAYSITES!  There is nothing a paysite brings us we couldn't achieve for free.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 December 13, 13:00:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pssh. Huge costs? Conglomerate sites? We've conglomerated tons of sites here now. There are no huge costs. Claims of "huge costs" are nothing moe than lies and propaganda created by the infidel paysite dogs.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Vaughna
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 December 13, 15:03:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"
Pssh. Huge costs? Conglomerate sites? We've conglomerated tons of sites here now. There are no huge costs. Claims of "huge costs" are nothing moe than lies and propaganda created by the infidel paysite dogs.

What, no tales of how you have to beg on the street corner to keep this site going?  And the terrible hardship of how your kids and your dog are starving due to the huge bandwidth?  And the server costs are going to force you to live in your car?  I am shocked!  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 December 13, 15:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR is kind of like the Walmart of TS2, except the quality/value roles between wallyworld and the homegrown stores are reversed.  Doesn't really make sense.

I had a site that I paid for a while back, and it cost $100 a year to keep, the domain name was $15.  I don't even KNOW how much bandwidth I had since I never came anywhere close to it.  Unless these people are just stupid (which begs to be argued) I won't believe that any of these sites really need to beg for donations.  If you're that strapped for cash there are plenty of free hosts.  And if you're REALLY that strapped then you need to get a job, not sit at home making shit for TS2.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 December 13, 15:23:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"

So what are we smelling when MTS2 begs for donations because it costs them more than $1800/mo for bandwidth.... :roll:
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 December 13, 16:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It probably does cost them quite a bit.  And I don't begrudge Delphy getting a wage from it (if he does) as he does actually work actively on the site.  But anyway at least no one is excluded from enjoying the content because they can't afford to pay.

BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 December 13, 16:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He only works actively on coding of the site, not actually monitoring or moderating it.  If he wanted to work on coding, he should get a job in that industry instead.

But no, Delphy, while deceitful and duplicitous, is not the most evil.  I used to donate there but I stopped when I found out about the secret board that was hosted to share my personal information and that LyricLee was given free reign to ban anyone who dared to speak against her or her hypocritical viewpoints.

Now that she's gone (ding-dong, the witch is dead), I may consider donating again, but really, only to get access to the faster server.

Anyone knows how the faster server works on the weekend, btw?
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 December 13, 16:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I rarely download stuff (at all) so I don't think I have had a chance to judge that.  What I do wish is that I could have a fast server for posting!  I see a thread I can help with some info for or something and by the time it's uploaded to the thread, the info is about 2 months out of date Cheesy

redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 December 13, 17:03:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "teadrinker"
It probably does cost them quite a bit.  And I don't begrudge Delphy getting a wage from it (if he does) as he does actually work actively on the site.  But anyway at least no one is excluded from enjoying the content because they can't afford to pay.

That's true, but donating to help someone so they don't have to pay $1800/mo out of their own pocket is quite different from donating so someone gets a wage. It doesn't violate the EA EULA, so it's not in the same camp as TSR or another actual paysite.

Kind of dishonest though, to borrow from Delphy: "morally wrong" though not  illegal.

Meh, I guess no one has to donate if they don't want to.
Steerpike
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 2006 December 13, 17:12:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a TSR subscription when I first got Sims2, because everyone I asked said 'OMGgetTSRtheyaretehbest11!!1'.

So, being small and naive as I am, I did. Only to then discover I had paid money for a steaming pile of fail.

Never listen to other people.

blackmars
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 December 13, 17:49:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love to see TSR implode upon itself. That fate would serve that site right.

It's the Otherworld invading...oh that's a paysite~

"In the end the crew became restless, petty and insolent. So we killed them."
Ghanima Atreides
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 December 13, 18:44:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once long ago submitted some things to TSR (old crappy stuff but nonetheless). After learning more and more about this site I wanted to remove them but -unless I'm missing the obvious- I see no way to delete my own uploads. Kinda gives the message that he "owns" anything placed on that site, no?

Anatidaephobia - the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 December 13, 19:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've talked to a couple of TSR creators in the past day that say they are unable to remove their content from the site.  It's most definitely a silent "I own you" statement.
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 December 13, 19:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well... if memory serves, on the submission page, at the bottom, in a box, there is a disclaimer (and, uh, DISCLAIMER is spelled wrong too, like discaimer or something retardo) and in there it basically says TSR owns your shit and they can distribute it any way they so please.

I'd like to remove my shit from there as I'm working on my own site now. The recent changes have pushed me over the edge. I agree with netseeker. I'm surprised she's still on there and not dead by the T Mafia. Oh well, I don't have that much up there and I can put better stuff on my site. I still have a sub, but I think I'll be contacting PayPal about that soon enough.

Ok, I looked. Here's the shit at the bottom when you submit something:

Disclaimers & Important Information
Do not submit any files that are not your own creations. You should also be sure not to use other creator's bases for your own work without gaining their permission first, and properly crediting them. Any submitters sending work that is not rightfully their own may have all of their work removed from TSR and be banned from submitting in future.

By submitting files to us you are giving us (The Sims Resource) permission to host those files permanently and to be distributed via any media (electronic or physical). Files sent in a different format may not be used on the site due to the amount of work involved building previews and correcting errors. If you want your work featured here, please take the time to submit it properly.

I have read and agree to the dislaimer

Even better, it's misspelled as DISLAIMER, like dis is laimer dan anyting.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: