PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:18:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 581708 times)
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« on: 2006 December 13, 03:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am feeling rageful right now.  I can't believe how much of an asshole Thomas is, and to delete all the comments about these stupid changes that are less than stellar is such a low move.

That site is going downhill superfast and I can't wait for the implosion.  I hope the good FA's (Cyclonesue, Cashcraft) get out now and get their own websites for free.

Hell, you know what?  For both of those artists, if they read this, I will host a free website for you for one year if you leave TSR and the festering stinkhole it's become.

Edit:  Actually, any artist at TSR is welcome to approach me about potentially hosting them for one year (or helping out with hosting).  I'll look at your work and if I like it, I'll do it. Smiley

Just had to get that off my chest.

Oh, netseeker apparently feels the same way:

About Me: I can see the truth hurts and so the admin had to remove what I had written on my profile page, as
if I'm the only one with eyes around here that can see what's happening and everyone else is too
blind to see for themselves. Trust me people aren't all that blind and stupid and can see and
figure things out for themselves without having me to tell them. When they do it'll be the site
that feels it and not me. I'll be really surprised if these new measures don't alienate all the
good non-FAs on this site and all the aspiring artists on here as well.
cleveralias
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 13, 03:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thomas seems to live in his own little world, where only what he thinks and feels matters. He's the main reason TSR sucks, and will continue to keep sucking more and more.

Why in the hell do they have the BIGGEST ASSHOLE on the board interacting with people?! He annoys and alienates everyone who isn't on his payroll, and a lot of people who ARE on his payroll (and who leave because of that.)

And why do they keep getting more tyrannical with the people who are still visiting the site? Don't they get it?! How is alienating the remaining people who haven't wised up yet a good business move?

Oh right, they have a pseudo-businessman/petty thug in charge. Who doesn't even play the damn game.  There is something seriously wrong with the two biggest fansites being adminned by men who don't even play the game.

I wish people who have had their subs renewed without permission and/or banned without refunds would also complain to Maxis/EA in addition to Paypal. With enough complaints they'd do something, even if it was just ceasing to list them on the official site news, which can seem to be an endorsement. The official site certainly shouldn't endorse a site which bans based on hearsay and shares the private information of paying members.
Super_Pirate_Dude
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 13, 04:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That site would be awesome to destroy, but evern better to watch them crumble into obscurity themselves.
CARLYMICHELLE
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 13, 04:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy  iam glad  i got the TSR items off the booty serves em right
Solowren
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 13, 04:36:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad I never got involved with TSR.  :x

quoth my brother-in-law:
"Boobs are way better than video games. I don't care what game or whose boobs."
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 13, 04:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR MUST BE DESTROYED!
CARLYMICHELLE
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 13, 04:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dr. Macabre         Today, 11:56 AM  Post #104
Just Registered
You Rock TSR

I just wanted to but my two cents in on this new rating system. I think it's a wonderful idea. I have always disliked the number system, so this is a great difference!!!! I even like the cup system. I mean sure there are bugs to iron out, but in general this should stop the rate hating and all the bad feelings that have become so clear as of late. Personally I never blamed you folks at TSR.

So keep up the great work, and I'll keep creating things!
From the mind of the sick and twisted to your sims home. :devil:

eww that makes me wanna puke talk about sucking up
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 13, 04:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Surelyfunke"

wahooooooooooooooooo!

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 13, 05:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Surelyfunke"

Wheeeeee!

andygal
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 13, 05:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It never fails, any site that gets taken over by businesspeople goes down the tubes fast.

These people are only concerned with making money and not with making people happy, they don't seem to understand that if they don't make people happy eventually they will not be making anymore money.

tis rather sad, but predictable.

am the original Deformed Freak. Accept no imitations!
dahvyd
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 13, 05:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a sub at TSR *ducks*

I really enjoy having access to things by great creators like Cashcraft, NoFrills, Cyclonesue, Windkeeper, etc, etc, etc. There's a lot of shit there, but if you find a few artists you like I think it's worth it... :O

I guess the key for me is to not get involved at all with people there. I sweep in every couple of days, download what I like, make a few nice comments and ratings, and fly back out. I don't even know who Thomas is (but I think I have an ok idea from the posts above).

I would love to see TSR go free, but I don't think it's going to happen. The FA's all seem to be so loyal to TSR, so they must be doing something right, right?

I personally have never had any reason to be unhappy with TSR in the year or so I have sub'd there.
AnneBonny
ARR!

Currently doubting your existance

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 13, 05:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Netseeker's comments were deleted allright and not only from the news thread but also from her profile. She is always outspoken against TSR and was offered a perma-ban. Thomas thinks her stuff to be shit. Cutting her off is no sweat off his back.  From her profile before she had listed a rant about TSR hiring offsite artists to become FAs while ignoring the loyal TSR submitters that have been uploading creations since the start. He removed the original type to prevent people from reading the truth. The bastard is a dick and greedy as a person can get.

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 13, 05:51:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I download, I don't rate or thank or comment.

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 13, 07:09:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "dahvyd"
I have a sub at TSR *ducks*

Stop subbing. TSR is evil and must be destroyed.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
toomanyguppys
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 December 13, 08:03:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aside from crappy, evil, etc., TSR is also a damn weirdly designed site, apparently.  I commented yesterday (I think) in the "I Smell Bullshit" thread on the amount of FA content that was free.  But everything isn't as it first appears.

If I go to their front page now and use the filter to find downloads that are ONLY by FA's and are free, it finds 20 files.

However, if I go to http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/TSR_Archive/downloads/sims2/ I find lots of downloads that are free, and are by FA's.  The difference is that they are credited to the artist "TSR_Archive," instead of their actual creators.  So of course the filter didn't find them when looking for FA's.  

What's up with this?  I guess it can just be a way to make sure the FA's don't make any money for their items that are currently free, maybe. I only found this "archive" by accident though--I might be blind and simply overlooking it but I don't see any link to this archive of stuff at all from the front page.  It might be some new thing they are in the middle of implementing or something but it seemed kind of shady to me.

:roll:

on't play leapfrog with unicorns
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: