PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 21, 20:20:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5285 Members
Latest Member: breakinme
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 27 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 618882 times)
naceygirl
ARR!

Pirate Petrillo on the High Seas!

View Profile
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #1755 on: 2007 September 15, 02:58:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is one of the first sites people get to when looking for custom content.  I wish I'd never subscribed (it was a couple of years ago now, I have no excuse other than not really thinking about it and not knowing about this place).  I wish I'd never spent that money now - I need it!  Sad  I know better these days.

Awesims: My Sims 2 blog with stories, downloads and CC recommendations.
Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: 2007 September 15, 03:35:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe we could do a Google bomb or something. Anything.  Just get tsr out of the top spot.  Then again I know nothing about that. :whistles innocently:

edited cause I suck at HTML tagging.  That'll teach me to use the preview button...

Why, hello thar!

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: 2007 September 15, 03:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "naceygirl"
It is one of the first sites people get to when looking for custom content.  I wish I'd never subscribed (it was a couple of years ago now, I have no excuse other than not really thinking about it and not knowing about this place).  I wish I'd never spent that money now - I need it!  Sad  I know better these days.

Ditto! I did the same thing, but at least were a couple of the smart ones. It was the first site I found of course from the fansite list. I took out a six month subscription. Downloaded a bunch of hair, some wings, and a couple other things. Opened up my game, puked because the hair looked like it was cut out of a magazine and pasted on my sim. Smudged, blurred, non animated, must have used a case of hairspray; just nasty. Deleted it all and thought if this is as good as it gets screw it I can live without CC and they can keep my money. Found MTS2 the next day, and never looked back. I wouldn't download their crap from the booty I don't care how good anyone says it is. I wouldn't download it with a free account giving kudo's to earn the pay crap. I've seen the pay crap it's not worth it.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1758 on: 2007 September 15, 04:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HawkGirl"
I don't care how good anyone says it is. I wouldn't download it with a free account giving kudo's to earn the pay crap. I've seen the pay crap it's not worth it.

I do think you're throwing out the baby with the bathwater though.

The truth is, there ARE some terrific creators out there who are not just greedy bastards...or who happen to work for greedy bastards. It's sad, but the truth is, some of the highest quality buy mode content I've seen is from Around The Sims, Simplan-X, Holy Simoly, and Caravan Shop. I think to not download ANY paysite content is closing your mind...and your game... to some amazing stuff.

Remember, part of our point here is about making sure ALL content is free for ALL....because for every piece of atwastic shit there's a stunning piece from Sandy or CycloneSue.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: 2007 September 15, 04:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is someone screenshotting it? I'm not at home and don't have the capabilities on this computer. I'd be interested to see how long this stands. So far, after they banned the OP (supposedly for repeatedly linking) it's been pretty civil. Yes, mostly a little love fest between a few mods and the best of the sheep with the normal "you're paying for quality" arguments.  But they haven't censored me. Maybe because I'm not being a blithering idiot, maybe because instead of getting deep into the debate I'm telling people to do a Google search and come to their own conclusion.

I love how tug basically prooved that they read here (not that we didn't know).

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: 2007 September 15, 04:55:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jeez, that thread is still going? I thought it'd be locked down by now. Guess I should drop by and see who's all fussing. Maybe I'll get a giggle out of it.
LilyLocksley
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: 2007 September 15, 05:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am taking some screens of the more comical stuff. I am not sure what anyone would want them for, but since I had not read the thing yet I figured hell why not.
blackmars
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: 2007 September 15, 05:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
Quote from: "HawkGirl"
I don't care how good anyone says it is. I wouldn't download it with a free account giving kudo's to earn the pay crap. I've seen the pay crap it's not worth it.

I do think you're throwing out the baby with the bathwater though.

The truth is, there ARE some terrific creators out there who are not just greedy bastards...or who happen to work for greedy bastards. It's sad, but the truth is, some of the highest quality buy mode content I've seen is from Around The Sims, Simplan-X, Holy Simoly, and Caravan Shop. I think to not download ANY paysite content is closing your mind...and your game... to some amazing stuff.

Remember, part of our point here is about making sure ALL content is free for ALL....because for every piece of atwastic shit there's a stunning piece from Sandy or CycloneSue.

No truer words have been spoken.

The knife in the chest for me though is when an FA tells me that we don't see eye to eye on the whole free community-file sharing thing.

It's the Otherworld invading...oh that's a paysite~

"In the end the crew became restless, petty and insolent. So we killed them."
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1763 on: 2007 September 15, 15:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow...reading that thread on the tsr boards made my head hurt.

I do have to say, given everything I've read here and elsewhere, was the orginal op really expecting any different response?  

I don't know...I would love to post something similar over there but I highly doubt the mods/sheep would come along and say 'Yes, this is an issue we need to discuss.  I encourage all you tsr subscribers to go over to this link and get educated'

Also, I was wondering.  Does downloading only free stuff from tsr actually help tsr in anyway?  

One girl mentioned she only downloads freestuff and then uses her kudos from her downloads to buy a shopping spree day.  Would that cost tsr money in the long run.  Espically if there were say, a group, that would download from the free artists in order to run their kudos up?  Especially if they had to keep paying their FA's for things people were downloading for free?

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: 2007 September 15, 16:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It wouldn't really cost them a lot.  Believe me, it takes a long time to earn enough kudos for a shopping spree, and the vast majority of subscribers don't download that much.  Let me put it this way.  I have about 3gigs of custom content from various sources.  If I downloaded that much from tsr (I'm not capitalizing them, I'm serious), I'd probably get enough kudos for a day.  However, most people don't have a bitchin computer that can handle all that content (like mine :mrgreen:), so they have a strict rule on how much custom content they'll download, some, as low as 250mb or less.  So most people will never get kudos, only a few.  They'll only lose less than $50 (and I'm really, really haphazardly guessing to give you an idea, so don't quote me on this.)

Why, hello thar!

ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1765 on: 2007 September 15, 17:13:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Redikolous"
It wouldn't really cost them a lot.  Believe me, it takes a long time to earn enough kudos for a shopping spree, and the vast majority of subscribers don't download that much.  Let me put it this way.  I have about 3gigs of custom content from various sources.  If I downloaded that much from tsr (I'm not capitalizing them, I'm serious), I'd probably get enough kudos for a day.  However, most people don't have a bitchin computer that can handle all that content (like mine :mrgreen:), so they have a strict rule on how much custom content they'll download, some, as low as 250mb or less.  So most people will never get kudos, only a few.  They'll only lose less than $50 (and I'm really, really haphazardly guessing to give you an idea, so don't quote me on this.)

Let me rephrase that then...is it really supporting them?  Do they profit anyway from me doing that?  Because there are some gems in the free content.  And I don't mind supporting those artists, especially if it helps them get free stuff too.
In otherwords, I know it won't screw them in any big way, but if it screws them in some small way I find that very satisfactory.

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1766 on: 2007 September 15, 17:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

& the thread @ TSR has been closed by Steve. He left a long & winded rant about how TSR has been in contact with EA & if you believe that any one from the pirate site has been in contact with EA Legal you take it on their own credibility and merit.

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=342608&page=4

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: 2007 September 15, 17:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know.  I suppose if you got a large group of people (very large, like more than a few thousand) to download a lot of free content (like a few gigs) without subscribing it would screw them.  You'd have to convert a good number of those sheeple though (OMG, I HAZ TO SUSCRIBE NOWZ TO GET THAT HAWT HAIR BY XANDER!!!101) But, as one person, the impact would probably be tiny, and I'm only guessing, with as logical a though process I can have.  Someone smarter should put their head to this, cause I'm certainly not a math person Cheesy.

Why, hello thar!

Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: 2007 September 15, 18:03:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "WB"
& the thread @ TSR has been closed by Steve. He left a long & winded rant about how TSR has been in contact with EA & if you believe that any one from the pirate site has been in contact with EA Legal you take it on their own credibility and merit.

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=342608&page=4

I couldn't even finish that closing statement.  It made me throw up my food a  little.  More yada yada blah blah from them.  And so many of them are saying, "If they had a problem with paysites, they would have taken action against them."  But they haven't taken a step against us either, so what does that say?

edited for clarifamacation and cause I can't spell when I'm pissed

Why, hello thar!

ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1769 on: 2007 September 15, 18:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Redikolous"
You'd have to convert a good number of those sheeple though (OMG, I HAZ TO SUSCRIBE NOWZ TO GET THAT HAWT HAIR BY XANDER!!!101) But, as one person, the impact would probably be tiny, and I'm only guessing, with as logical a though process I can have.  .

lol...I wonder how quickly I would get banned if I suggested it on the forums there (Hey!  Here's how we can all get free stuff from TSR!)

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: