PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 09:25:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 585775 times)
littlemisspirate
ARR!

View Profile
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #1335 on: 2007 August 02, 19:02:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "nohead"
How do you think this destroying of sites business helps with the diversity?

Diversity is only so desirable before certain acts become unacceptable.  Acceptance and appreciation of illegal behavior don't fall under that umbrella.  It's like saying we should tolerate people who run red lights or roll through stop signs because we should respect their right to drive in a way special and unique from everyone else on the road.
nohead
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: 2007 August 02, 19:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "littlemisspirate"
Diversity is only so desirable before certain acts become unacceptable.  Acceptance and appreciation of illegal behavior don't fall under that umbrella.  It's like saying we should tolerate people who run red lights or roll through stop signs because we should respect their right to drive in a way special and unique from everyone else on the road.

The analogy would work better if you could come up with something that didn't hurt or endanger other people.
If you find it unacceptable to pay for sims2 content then by all means don't, it's very simple Smiley.
HideTheRum
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: 2007 August 02, 20:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The analogy works perfectly as it is because it's about illegal behaviour, and illegal behaviour is exactly what we are talking about. If I find it unacceptable to pay for sims custom content it's because it's immoral and, as of now, whether you like it or not, it's illegal. Dismissing the whole thing saying, like you do, "If you find it unacceptable to pay for sims2 content then by all means don't, it's very simple" just sounds rather irresponsible...You're entitled to your opinions, of course, but the way you're doing it I fail to see your point. It's pretty obvious that what you have in mind is not to thoroughly understand the issue of free vs pay, but just to stubbornly defend paysites no matter what.

It was the least I could do. I always do the least I can do.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1338 on: 2007 August 02, 20:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HideTheRum"
It's pretty obvious that what you have in mind is not to thoroughly understand the issue of free vs pay, but just to stubbornly defend paysites no matter what.

And to drag it into every fucking thread on the board. I've already been avoiding certain threads because nohead has posted. You aren't even TRYING to see other viewpoints. You are just saying "I agree with you" or "I see where you are coming from," then you continue with your shit. I agree that we may be trying to do the same thing you are but at least if we don't agree with someone we give them our reasonings. You just keep bombarding us with more questions. Point: Keep the shit in one thread.

Blame the rant on the fact that I burnt my fucking tongue on a hotdog.

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: 2007 August 02, 20:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The analogy would work better if you could come up with something that didn't hurt or endanger other people.
If you find it unacceptable to pay for sims2 content then by all means don't, it's very simple Smiley.

And if someone believes that those who support file sharing (a commen practice in almost every other gaming community) are being either hurtful or dangerous, then they've wandered onto the wrong site. And there's an easy solution for that as well. Leave. Otherwise, being a member here is pointless.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: 2007 August 02, 21:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pardon me for fucking posting, but who the hell has a right to own a business making profits through fansites?  Fansites are not chartered to be businesses.  It's supposed to be in support of fans.  

I don't give a rat's ass if you have to work at McDonald's (no offense to those who do), you shouldn't take the copyright and license of an entity, modify it a little and slap your name on it to sell it.  

You know where paysites err, it is in arrogance.  The reponse you get here, the shove it up your ass response, is due to it being shoved down the throats of so many for so long.  And now, the whiny and bitchy - "it's not fair you have my "intellectual property" for free for everyone so now I can't sell it.  You are just mean bad pirates."  So while your here, save us time and go ahead and update your shit.  That'd be great.  Help feed my chilluns for once.  Or better yet, become a free site, we'll remove you from the booty.  Don't pitch shit-fits because a large portion of this community is fed up with paying for a lot of crap that fucks up our game and doesn't even work properly - you sold it, didn't warn us, Photo-shopped most of it, and gave no guarantees as to quality.

So fuck off.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
nohead
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: 2007 August 02, 21:15:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HideTheRum"
The analogy works perfectly as it is because it's about illegal behaviour, and illegal behaviour is exactly what we are talking about. If I find it unacceptable to pay for sims custom content it's because it's immoral and, as of now, whether you like it or not, it's illegal. Dismissing the whole thing saying, like you do, "If you find it unacceptable to pay for sims2 content then by all means don't, it's very simple" just sounds rather irresponsible...You're entitled to your opinions, of course, but the way you're doing it I fail to see your point. It's pretty obvious that what you have in mind is not to thoroughly understand the issue of free vs pay, but just to stubbornly defend paysites no matter what.

For me it is exactly that simple and i can't really see why it would be irresponsible, no one is being forced to do anything.
When someone pays it is being made by free will.

If EA silently approves of what paysites are doing even though it doesn't exactly comply with the EULA, is it still immoral?

I've never really understood why some people have a desire to ruin things for others, why can't we just let people do what they want with their life  as long as it don't hurt anyone else?

Isn't it fantastic if someone is fortunate enough to be able to make a living off of creating sims 2 content?
No? Well then maybe you should try to figure out what that feeling is and see if it really does any good.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: 2007 August 02, 21:20:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make a living on Sims 2 creations?  Are you smoking crack?  Download a fansite kit, why don't you?  

Better yet, how about not relying on a game that is licensed by a publically traded company and get a fucking job.  I have one, you can too.  Damn, I have to get a new one in a different city, state about every 3-4 years.

I don't need to examine the "feelings".  Mine are quite clear and to even propose that people make a living and support their households on game content, they should go to www.ea.com and apply online.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1343 on: 2007 August 02, 21:24:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me it is exactly that simple and i can't really see why it would be irresponsible, no one is being forced to do anything.

Agreed - no one is forcing you to watch these debates, or fileshare, or be here.

When someone pays it is being made by free will.

When someone shares it is being done by free will.  When someone sells knowing that there are filesharers, that is done with free will.

If EA silently approves of what paysites are doing even though it doesn't exactly comply with the EULA, is it still immoral?

Yes. Still immoral.  For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing.

I've never really understood why some people have a desire to ruin things for others, why can't we just let people do what they want with their life  as long as it don't hurt anyone else?

Bring me the starving chilluns of paysite owners, and I will feed them.  Other than that who is it hurting?  Someone who's well off enough to buy the same things I've bought - about $3,000 worth of equipment and games to play the sims and create - PLEASE - they're hardly at death's door.  They should go ask TSR Thomas for a handout - he's raking it in.

Isn't it fantastic if someone is fortunate enough to be able to make a living off of creating sims 2 content?

Isn't it fantastic if someone is fortunate enough to have so many people share with them - like the pirates do here?

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: 2007 August 02, 21:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No? Well then maybe you should try to figure out what that feeling is and see if it really does any good.

You are definatly on the wrong site. And no, it's not fortunate that the sims community, unlike other gaming communities, has been infested with a bunch of worthless parasites, hell bent on making a profit off of someone else's legal property. I suggest, respectfully, that you take your uncreated magic tools and find others who share your views. We DON'T.
nohead
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: 2007 August 02, 21:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "armywife"
Make a living on Sims 2 creations?  Are you smoking crack?  Download a fansite kit, why don't you?  

Better yet, how about not relying on a game that is licensed by a publically traded company and get a fucking job.  I have one, you can too.  Damn, I have to get a new one in a different city, state about every 3-4 years.

I don't need to examine the "feelings".  Mine are quite clear and to even propose that people make a living and support their households on game content, they should go to www.ea.com and apply online.

So what if someone does exactly that, why does that seem to offend you so much?
nohead
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: 2007 August 02, 21:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SnarkyShark"
You are definatly on the wrong site. And no, it's not fortunate that the sims community, unlike other gaming communities, has been infested with a bunch of worthless parasites, hell bent on making a profit off of someone else's legal property. I suggest, respectfully, that you take your uncreated magic tools and find others who share your views. We DON'T.

Oh, so it's shut up unless you agree we're playing here?  :?
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: 2007 August 02, 21:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's your answer:
1.  There is no recourse if items do not work properly or have been altered without notice
2.  There are no control mechanisms in place, ie, polycount, etc.
3.  If I am unsatisfied, I cannot get a refund
4.  If a site chooses not to make updates, closes, etc. I am out the money I "donated" for a month's access
5.  If I need help or cannot get something to work in my game as advertised, there is no guarantee that the site owner/creator will repair it
6.  If my harddrive fails, I can reload all these damn cds from EA, but can't go get the pay content (except you can thank the booty snatchers for solving this problem for you)
7.  If an item is fixed or updated, if I have no sub there is no guarantee that I can obtain the update to a file

Those are just what I came up with in the 2 minutes I answered, should you need more, I will supply.

It pisses me because of these reasons and because there are other ways to sustain and pay for bandwidth.  But to force a community to pay you to support your family or yourself because you are too fucking lazy to get employment is wrong.  EA condones Fansites.  EA is a business they don't hide behind any fascade.  They don't say, "Well we have this game and we just want you to play and help us pay to keep it on line and feed our chilluns".   I have yet to see where EA has ever said that you can have a Sims business and make money in any written context or statement.   But remember, if you profit from their business, and you use it to support yourself, it could come down at some point that you must pay royalties to EA for original content and subject matter.

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1348 on: 2007 August 02, 21:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but you say the same thing over and over again - be nice - do what paysite owners want - leave them alone.  Blah blah blah.  It's all the fucking same.  

In case you haven't noticed, we aren't nice, we don't want to do what paysite owners want, and we couldn't give a shit about bothering them - oh except to offer them free hosting to go free (we're such bastards).

So if you want us to leave them alone, why don't you do the same and FUCK OFF!

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: 2007 August 02, 21:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nohead, the point is, WE all know our feelings on the subject and that's why we're here. Do you? Maybe you should think about THAT. Why would you join an established site and almost immediately fly in the face of everything they stand for? Attention?

edit for grammar AND spelling
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: