PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 16:15:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 586197 times)
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #825 on: 2007 June 11, 00:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thomas is married? :shock:

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: 2007 June 11, 00:17:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Scratch"

What if Thomas's wife were to suddenly want out of the marriage and wanted a piece of TSR, Thomas could take the money and run and the "artist" couldn't do a thing about it because they have an illegal contract with him... I'm sure Thomas knows how legal/illegal the contracts are....
                                                                                           At this point in the game, if he doesn't his legal representation has shit for brains. And if Thomas's wife does leave him I hope it's for Pescado. (hee)
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: 2007 June 11, 01:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah Feverish, you didn't know? I'm sure there were large volumes of alcohol involved in that union. Maybe even passing of cattle.  :lol:  Or turtles?
Scratch
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: 2007 June 11, 02:06:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SnarkyShark"
                                                                                        At this point in the game, if he doesn't his legal representation has shit for brains. And if Thomas's wife does leave him I hope it's for Pescado. (hee)

This is what I mean... I'm sure Thomas is well aware of what rights the creators actually have versus what rights the creators think they might have... He could con one of them to turn out something real special and then not pay them and there's nothing they could do about it except bitch... I don't, for a moment, believe Thomas is a dumb business man...

Pescado....heeheeheehheee    :lol:
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: 2007 June 11, 05:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Scratch
Quote from: "SnarkyShark"

Pescado....heeheeheehheee    :lol:

Hasn't the poor woman suffered enough?  :cry:

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: 2007 June 11, 05:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Mac_in_Black"
Yeah Feverish, you didn't know? I'm sure there were large volumes of alcohol involved in that union. Maybe even passing of cattle.  :lol:  Or turtles?

It's really hard to keep up sometimes. I miss alot.
I actually thought he was kinda gay. I'm not quite sure how someone could be kinda gay. I suppose I wouldn't expect a straight man to touch Atwa with a ten foot pole. Or an 11 or 12 foot pole. Or any pole actually. Unless he was beating her with it. She's quite mannish in appearances. She actually reminds me or Kathy Bates in Misery. I could totally envision her kidnapping Tom-Tom and breaking his ankles. I wonder what his wife thinks of Atwa.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Treena
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: 2007 June 11, 10:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Steffor and Marilu are now SAs, along with Alyosha.

Surprise surprise.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: 2007 June 11, 11:01:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Scratch"
I don't think these artist realize what kind of trouble they could get in if the authorities started doing some investigating of the whole TSR business... If the artist were to actually claim an income to pay taxes then they are admitting that they are "selling" a product that they don't have the rights to sell... if they don't claim the income for taxes then they could get in trouble for tax evasion...

Umpf exactly  :roll:

Thomas must be really good at sweet talking to be able to fool them, and himself, that what they are doing is legal.... its madness

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

PutanginaMo
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: 2007 June 11, 16:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

that was totally madness...

These artist also prefer to go into that illegal thing rather than doing the legal thing.

Did they know EA's EULA? or is it just the money from ThomASS?
Roxelane
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #834 on: 2007 June 11, 17:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If TSR makes so high profit!!!!!?Huh,
as here written,
I think two possibilities:
'EA has portions of TSR?
EA slams shut sometime and takes TSR?

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: 2007 June 11, 21:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Molly"
If TSR makes so high profit!!!!!?Huh,
as here written,
I think two possibilities:
'EA has portions of TSR?
EA slams shut sometime and takes TSR?
Mmm. I'd say that if EA decides to take the next step (and recent developments are heartening) TSR should/would be their first target. And I would laugh. Oh, my, would I laugh. I'm also making it a project to gank everything I think I would possibly ever like from there as soon as possible, just in case. And so I can laugh more.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
FreakyBooty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: 2007 June 12, 06:42:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is someone a little snippy in one of these posts?

Original post:

I was going to post this in TSR Info & Discussions, but I guess I'm not allowed to post there.
Is there a particular reason why mesh creators are not required to post poly counts with their meshes? It just seems logical that they should, they created it, therefor they should know the counts. If I don't see the counts listed, I assume one of two things, either the creator is just lazy, or they don't want to advertise their meshes are high poly. I've already downloaded a few meshes that had no count listed, and when I took the time to check for myself, the counts were rediculously high. And so I deleted them. Not because my pc can't handle them (it certainly can), I just don't see the need for a gazillion poly mesh. So now my personal rule is, no counts listed, no download from me. I don't have the time or the inclination to check every mesh out there myself, when it would have taken the creator all of a few seconds to include that info.
I don't understand why this is not a requirement, it is at other sites, and it's the responsible thing to do.

FA response:

I would not like the poly count to be required on meshes. I will not post the poly count unless I feel~ like posting the poly count. Why I will not post the poly count is because most don't understand the poly count. I am so~ betting you are one of them. I usually don't like extra rules and requirement, as I find real life is full of enough rules and requirements. I would not like your idea of rules and requirements imposed into creating, by number watchers such as yourselves, who have spent way too much time reading about things they only hope that they understand.
Just like you have personal rules . . . I have personal rules
'Responsible thing to do' . . . is insulting to my intelligence and laughable to me. At what point in your life did you decide it is a 'responsible' thing to post poly count. Again, I would bet that it is just something that you have read (you left out moral obligation). Especially since you say you have never had a problem with your computer playing the game. What game are you playing. Does Maxis post poly count on their high poly things. No, they do not. Are you sure your computer can play their game. All of the 'free extras' they have on their site to download are huge in poly  
You are too funny  Should there be poly count police? We could call the phone police and ask them  

I should start a thread on cost of objects within the Sim game. And the 'responsibility' of posting the cost of a Sim object. What about all the poor Sim. We need cheaper Sim objects for the poor Sims!  

Speaks loads about her attitude towards her paying customers  :roll:

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=335599

Do what I do, assume everyone at TSR is a cunt. Then, you can only be pleasantly surprised if they exhibit non-cunty behaviour.  -- Capucine
I is LadyGrainne, and I is a thug.  Can I has a cookie?
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #837 on: 2007 June 12, 07:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm posting the OP's (ladygrainne) reply to that hissy fit by DOT and others here because I know it'll be deleted.

Thank you DOT, for such a lovely and well thought out answer. May I respond to some of your points?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOT View Post
I would not like the poly count to be required on meshes. I will not post the poly count unless I feel~ like posting the poly count. Why I will not post the poly count is because most don't understand the poly count. I am so~ betting you are one of them.
So basically you'se saying, you don't post a poly count because you don't like it, and/or don't feel like it. Fair enough, at least you're honest. True, many don't understand the poly counts, however, many do. Me, one of them? Perhaps you'd like to bet your paycheck on that.

Quote:
I usually don't like extra rules and requirement, as I find real life is full of enough rules and requirements. I would not like your idea of rules and requirements imposed into creating, by number watchers such as yourselves, who have spent way too much time reading about things they only hope that they understand.
Ah, a rebel, good for you! Unfortunately, it is true, real life is full of rules and regulations. And in real life, when one receives a paycheck for work performed, rules and requirements are generally part of the deal.
Oh, and while there are several things I could only hope to understand, poly counts are not one of them.

Quote:
Just like you have personal rules . . . I have personal rules
'Responsible thing to do' . . . is insulting to my intelligence and laughable to me. At what point in your life did you decide it is a 'responsible' thing to post poly count. Again, I would bet that it is just something that you have read (you left out moral obligation).
When you get paid for the things in my download folder, you are responsible for those things. It's unfortunate that you find it insulting to your intelligence and laughable. It hints toward the work ethic you posess, and you obviously have no problem with that, posting for all to see. Interesting though, your views in relation to your paying customers.

Quote:
Especially since you say you have never had a problem with your computer playing the game. What game are you playing. Does Maxis post poly count on their high poly things. No, they do not. Are you sure your computer can play their game. All of the 'free extras' they have on their site to download are huge in poly
You are too funny Should there be poly count police? We could call the phone police and ask them
Correct, I haven't had a problem with my game, because I choose not to have a 96,000 poly counter in my game. And I assumed we were all playing the same game ... or am I here for the sparkling conversation? I am also well aware of Maxis polycounts, along with their extras. I have managed to open up that there newfangled program called um, SimPE? I even figured out how to obtain poly counts! In the end, I know my pc can play the game, mighty well, I might add. Not everyone is so fortunate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwa View Post
I think that DOT has given the answers I would have given..
Of course she has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear7882 View Post
I agree with Spaik, forcing creators to post stuff like that is going to cause some awesome creators to leave TSR and head somewhere else that doesn't have these ridiculous requirements. Submissions take forever as it is, and I only upload recolors of other people's meshes! I can't imagine having to get into SimPE for every item I submitted to get some bit of information. There would be far less items for downloaders.
If a creator leaves TSR simply because they have to take an extra 5 seconds, well that's just sad. Besides, there already are plenty of reasons to leave TSR, without that being a driving force. And yes, getting the poly count takes like 5 seconds. The horror!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsmusic View Post
I think the MOST responsible thing to do would be to make meshes yourself and only use your own creations
I think I missed your point here.
If a creator is getting paid because I downloaded something, they should be responsible for the things they create. That includes informing downloaders that an object is high, or overly high poly, and could potentially bork your game.

Funny, I had been under the impression that the TSR forums were so pleasant and friendly. Then again, we all know what bubbles beneath pleasant and friendly. I'm surprised that FA's are encouraged to be so condescending to their customers. Doesn't look too good. That could maybe be one reason why subscriptions are on the decline. Ah, come on, we all know the other reason! Aaargh!

Passes ladygrainne a bottle of rum. Aaargh!  :lol:

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: 2007 June 12, 08:19:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reading that thread you linked to just completely reinforces my opinion of TSR. But what I do not understand is why the downloaders there (subscribers and normal downloaders) put up with that...yes, fair enough Dot does not want to post poly counts, but surely she should? Its important to know poly counts as they can make your game crash if you have too many high polys on the same lot  :roll: Nice to know TSR cares about their downloads games crashing....

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #839 on: 2007 June 12, 08:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice one, ladygrainne!

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: