PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 16:28:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 585984 times)
littlemisspirate
ARR!

View Profile
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #780 on: 2007 June 05, 17:45:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "alia"
The only creator TSR hasn't ruined (quality wise) is IMHO Aikea_Guinea. Her stuff might be pay and it is at TSR, but it is always top quality.
When you compare her stuff to the rest of the new FAs... Meh.

I have a theory that creators who either still play the game, or at least have some sort of use for their items (Deception Pass, in aikea's case), tend to put out higher-quality and more useful content than those who don't play the game but just churn out stuff.  It makes a lot of sense - people who genuinely enjoy playing will create items that work with their game experience, which will mirror the desires of more players, and make sure the items fit well into the game.  People who churn out items for the sake of cash, on the other hand, aren't motivated by a satisfactory gameplay experience = they just want it to pass the sniff test, so people will open their wallets.

That's definitely not universal, but it is a trend I've noticed.  The creators who *are* in it for the money will be more attracted to TSR, which guarantees them a cut.  Sentiment against paysites is growing, and that has to be cutting into smaller sites' bottom line.
darkangel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: 2007 June 05, 19:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We are sorry for any inconveniance caused by this problem.

No wai :lol: . That's a professional site? I thought TSR was native English.  :roll:

And I personally couldn't stand Aikea less. Gosh I'm sick of her emo shit.

pescado's fangirl*

sharing the free love, no hidden catch, no strings attached...just free love
<3
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #782 on: 2007 June 05, 19:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "darkangel"
We are sorry for any inconveniance caused by this problem.

No wai :lol: . That's a professional site? I thought TSR was native English.  :roll:

Isn't TSR registered in Sweden somewhere - and where did you get the weird and crazy idea that it's professional   :shock:.

I find that many people who don't speak English are better than us lazi Engrish speakers - Ghanima has better English than mine.

Damn that's small

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: 2007 June 05, 19:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, they are from Sweden.

(And I'm not trying to defend them, but it just pisses me off when people nitpick the spelling or grammatical mistakes of non-native speakers.)

And AG's stories make me giggle, but I really like the clothes she makes.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
darkangel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: 2007 June 05, 19:32:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well then I take it back. Sorta. Asking money for something should make somebody at least that much professional to spell correctly imo. That's how business' work. I don't ask money for anything so I mai maik äs mäni mistäckes äs ai wont tu.  :lol:  (swiss german pwns  :lol: )

pescado's fangirl*

<3
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: 2007 June 06, 11:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only creator TSR hasn't ruined (quality wise) is IMHO Aikea_Guinea. Her stuff might be pay and it is at TSR, but it is always top quality.

I completely agree. TSR no longer seems to be making FAs because they are high quality creators, but just to get more money...its sad really, TSR was at one point a fan site with a community, now its just money grabbing... :roll:

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: 2007 June 06, 15:50:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "littlemisspirate"

I have a theory that creators who either still play the game, or at least have some sort of use for their items (Deception Pass, in aikea's case), tend to put out higher-quality and more useful content than those who don't play the game but just churn out stuff.  It makes a lot of sense - people who genuinely enjoy playing will create items that work with their game experience, which will mirror the desires of more players, and make sure the items fit well into the game.  People who churn out items for the sake of cash, on the other hand, aren't motivated by a satisfactory gameplay experience = they just want it to pass the sniff test, so people will open their wallets.

That's definitely not universal, but it is a trend I've noticed.  The creators who *are* in it for the money will be more attracted to TSR, which guarantees them a cut.  Sentiment against paysites is growing, and that has to be cutting into smaller sites' bottom line.

I don't really like playing Sims 2, because it becomes predictable. I like the designing, testing and sharing of stuff. So that's what I use it for. Like drawing, paining, etc.
Sometimes I play the game but I usually abandon families within the first generation. Then they become testobjects for hair and clothing and whatever I decide to create. So there's a third type or creator too! :lol:

Inactive
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #787 on: 2007 June 06, 17:40:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But that's still playing the game.  My families rarely get past a first generation either, but I do love building houses and decorating them, and that's what the game started off as doing anyway Cheesy

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: 2007 June 07, 15:37:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Random question.

I just noticed in the news at SFV that they've found how TSR were tracking files and banninating people - but the link to the article that explains how they were doing it isn't working for me. So can someone tell me how they tracked the files?
littlemisspirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: 2007 June 07, 16:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "N0uK!!EINZ"
I don't really like playing Sims 2, because it becomes predictable. I like the designing, testing and sharing of stuff. So that's what I use it for. Like drawing, paining, etc.
Sometimes I play the game but I usually abandon families within the first generation. Then they become testobjects for hair and clothing and whatever I decide to create. So there's a third type or creator too! :lol:

It's good to hear from an actual HQ creator on that account!  And I'm glad you enjoy doing it.  I still think the defining moment comes when a creator decides to charge money, because that's when they start the long slide down to doin' it for the mortgage/chilluns to feed, and game functionality goes by the wayside.  TSR is the biggest example of that mentality.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: 2007 June 07, 20:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Minolia"
Random question.

I just noticed in the news at SFV that they've found how TSR were tracking files and banninating people - but the link to the article that explains how they were doing it isn't working for me. So can someone tell me how they tracked the files?

There was a thread in the Treasure Chest also, but, it is gone now.  They must have a reason for taking it down.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: 2007 June 07, 21:28:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It said something along the lines of the files having different "Date Modified" entries for every time it was downloaded, so they know exactly who downloaded it because no two files have the same "Date Modified" entry.

Or something.

ETA: If this is sensitive information, I will edit it out.  TSR is probably finding a new way to catch people anyway.
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: 2007 June 08, 00:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Changing the file date is child's play. If thats the best they can do, they are desperate indeed.

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #793 on: 2007 June 08, 03:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is this thread:

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?p=3444281#post3444281

That has this reply at the bottom:

FoxyPink33

"This is is actually in major violation of EA Games copyright laws. In simple terms, what they mean is that a site cannot not charge money for Sims content that was used by EA tools or free for the person to make. If they ask for donations and don't charge money for the downloads, that's perfectly legal. The staff members are not making the content themselves, so therefore they are running an illegal operation and should be shutdown effective immediately."

Copied and pasted because it won't last long.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
darkangel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: 2007 June 08, 04:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gosh I can see sheep sheep bah bah...those stupid suscriber annoy me all the time. I've had enough discussions now with them to explain that no one needs THAT much money to maintain a site... not even in Soviet Russia.  :roll:

pescado's fangirl*

<3
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: