PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 07:35:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 586104 times)
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #75 on: 2006 December 15, 02:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims2sisters as well.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: 2006 December 15, 03:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never go to TSR so I was just curious.  I do remember Drews posting about not having enough time or energy to devote to sims anymore.  But I was under the impression that the artists at sim sisters wern't making any excuses.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2006 December 15, 03:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No you're right, they didn't. I thought you were talking about free sites that got offered more money at TSR and close down.
AnneBonny
ARR!

Currently doubting your existance

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006 December 15, 03:24:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whatever excuses the artists give as to why they shut down their sites...the one thing that is obvious is that Tom is hoping that the fans of the artist will go over to TSR to subscribe to get their stuff again. Classic equation for TSR. He'll see the site shut down or struggling with their webspace/bandwidth and make them an offer that can't be refused. Once accepted the artist will shut down their site to move to TSR where they will become an FA.  Won't be a shocker to see that Jirka becoming an FA soon either....

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2006 December 15, 03:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, this was being hinted around at in that thread too. The "little people" creators were starting to put T on the hot seat about why some people have become FAs and weren't even part of the site before that but other creators have been there for years pumping out really nice stuff and aren't FAs yet or even SAs.

Um, gosh, T didn't answer.

So then they went on to ask for criteria to become an SA/FA. Um, well, he didn't really answer that one either. Basically whoever the admin feels like bringing on as an FA. I think you're going to see more creators leave TSR. Nobody said life was fair, but that's just bullshit.

Boy, it sure has put a damper on my motivation to create, let alone share my stuff.
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006 December 15, 03:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That just makes me sick. I mean, I know why I hate TSR, but this is an all new low. I had no idea Thomas was fucking over the "little people" like that. Way to shit all over the community that made your site what it is today, you asshole.  :evil:
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2006 December 15, 05:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Mac_in_Black"

Um... I think the name on my receipts is Jan Isaacson? Something like that. I was curious as to who that was too. T's Mom?

LOL. Not to be nitpicky or anything, but Jan is a man's name in Scandinavia. It's pronounced "Yan" as opposed to J-forJesus. Wink
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2006 December 15, 08:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe that I paid a 6 month sub and spent the entire 6 months on probation and not allowed to post in the forums!  That's not really gonna have endeared me to them.

My "crime"?   I had to start a 2nd account as my first one had got messed up and I couldn't log into the forums.  After they tried and failed to fix it over a period of time I took matters into my own hands.  I felt entitled to take measures to get the access I had paid for.

Anyway 2nd accounts are apparently automatic probation.  They did finally fix me up, but effectively I was unable to use the service I was paying for fully for about one year.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2006 December 15, 11:22:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Jysudo"

Secondly, TSR is quite civil about giving refunds. I asked for one and got it less than 24 hours later.

Well, lucky you. He still has $8.95 mine held hostage because I failed to cancel via Paypal.
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2006 December 15, 14:30:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so learn to pronounce Js. Jan schman, maybe it's a brother or his dad. I could give a rip less.  Tongue

Here in the states JAN is like Jan Brady. Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!

I read the staff page once at TSR and I think I fell asleep.  :lol:
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2006 December 15, 14:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it makes you feel any better, you can call him Jan Brady if you want! I don't really care.  :lol:
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2006 December 15, 14:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok.  Cheesy  Jan Brady it is. Thomas, Thomas, Thomas!
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2006 December 15, 15:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well Windkeeper who was the main reason I was subbing to TSR has lost my loyalty because she supports the idea of some content being pay-only.

I am these days meshing doors and windows, and while I would not set out to deliberately copy a particular mesh, if there happens to be any overlap between my work and hers I won't go out of my way to avoid the overlap like I do with other creators whose work I know.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Jysudo
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2006 December 15, 17:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Surelyfunke"
Quote from: "Jysudo"

Secondly, TSR is quite civil about giving refunds. I asked for one and got it less than 24 hours later.

Well, lucky you. He still has $8.95 mine held hostage because I failed to cancel via Paypal.

I wrote a civil email explaining that their slow ass servers makes me call it quits. I had one month left on a six months sub and after they asked me to confirm if i indeed want to cancel (because they JUST FINISHED ANOTHER SERVER UPGRADE)...they cancel mine after I fucking say yes.

Are you on 2 months auto sub? If you are, maybe that's why you are still being screwed. As far as I know, they don't return recurring 2 months folks money.

o Away.
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2006 December 15, 17:30:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah it was the 2 month auto sub. I wonder how much money Thomas makes off people who forget to cancel their sub?

It seems I have found the best way to exact my revenge. In any case, I get immense pleasure out of it. Hehehe. I think I got more than my $8.95's worth! :lol:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: