PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:41:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 581662 times)
harlequingirls
Landlubber

View Profile
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #45 on: 2006 December 14, 00:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would actually be a law case worth to watch... either if TSR gained all rights due to that permission and/or if this permission is a rightful part of their TOS.

Pity that nobody will bring that affair to court, though.
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 December 14, 01:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
It'll be 'We can't allow creators to remove their stuff, they might try and do a runner with it, it's like, OUR STUFF NOW BITCH!'

Its nobody's stuff. Pescado shares it, Thomas charges for it. Once it is "set free" on the internet, kiss control goodbye.

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 December 14, 01:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Mac_in_Black"
Loophole!

Disclaimers & Important Information
Do not submit any files that are not your own creations. You should also be sure not to use other creator's bases for your own work without gaining their permission first, and properly crediting them. Any submitters sending work that is not rightfully their own may have all of their work removed from TSR and be banned from submitting in future.

That's more of a dodge, really, You just create a fictitious personage upon which your work is stolen from, and then complain, as this fictitious person, about your "theft". Tongue

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
dahvyd
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 December 14, 01:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two great minds must think alike Pescado - I was just about to suggest this myself  :shock:
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2006 December 14, 01:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"

That's more of a dodge, really, You just create a fictitious personage upon which your work is stolen from, and then complain, as this fictitious person, about your "theft". Tongue

I was thinking the same thing, only you'd have to have somewhere that the stuff was stolen FROM.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
dahvyd
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2006 December 14, 02:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm... It just occured to me that it may be hard to get all the dates lined up, ie. uploading them to another site/forum and making it appear that they'd been there all along. Is there any way to do that?
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 December 14, 02:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, that person puts up a site containing your content, and claim they were the ones who originally made it. TSR's all like 'Dude, this person says you pinched their shit, which is odd, cos I never saw their site before',
And then you're all like 'Yeah, it's true, I did, they sent it all to me over AIM one time before they opened that site, cuz we was friends, and then I said it was mine, and they were all like 'YOU BITCH!' and we ain't friends no more but I'm gonna keep taking their stuff, innit...'
And then they're all like 'GTFO, THEIF!!'

Or perhaps a less retarded version of that dialogue.

*bows*

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 December 14, 03:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno, that's pretty good dialogue jess.  :lol:  But TSR is PG-13 ya know so they'd keep it clean.

Perhaps...
"Pardon me miss, but it appears you have goods that do not rightfully belong to you on this site. This was brought to our attention by some lads over yonder hill that find you quite nice to look at but can't deny you are a petty thief. My apologies, but I must remove you and your contents from my site this instant."

And then say some Our Fathers and Hail Marys and you're good to go.  :wink:
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 December 14, 03:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "anoramic"

I have a sub there but after my two months is up I'm not going to give them any more money, heh.

Don't. Because TSR MUST BE DESTROYED!
blackmars
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 December 14, 04:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Mac_in_Black"
I dunno, that's pretty good dialogue jess.  :lol:  But TSR is PG-13 ya know so they'd keep it clean.

Perhaps...
"Pardon me miss, but it appears you have goods that do not rightfully belong to you on this site. This was brought to our attention by some lads over yonder hill that find you quite nice to look at but can't deny you are a petty thief. My apologies, but I must remove you and your contents from my site this instant."

And then say some Our Fathers and Hail Marys and you're good to go.  :wink:

I nearly sprayed water all over my computer I was laughing so hard.

I have only two things over there and they can have them because I've done better. It's ashame that they have some whackjob in charge now. That site has gone to the hellhounds.

It's the Otherworld invading...oh that's a paysite~

"In the end the crew became restless, petty and insolent. So we killed them."
Jysudo
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 December 14, 06:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, firstly is this Thomas guy a staff who is paid by TSR or what?

Secondly, TSR is quite civil about giving refunds. I asked for one and got it less than 24 hours later.

o Away.
toomanyguppys
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 December 14, 06:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "wicked_one"

and the archive is umm like right beneath the menu lol look right under the search bar and you'll see SIMS2 252637 Total Sims 2 Files 188707 Free Sims 2 Files SHOW ARCHIVE <<<click that Smiley

If I "click that" I see, simply, "the archive", which includes everythigng by everyone.

What I'm talking about is the stuff that is currently listed as "Creator: TSR_Archive" rather than as the actual creators.  Basically, if you want to see what FA items are currently free, check out that "creator's" page (http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/TSR_Archive/)  rather than using the filter.  

It strikes me as shady because #1, they don't exactly tell you about it, and #2, if TSR can temporarily claim FA's work for a fictional creator, what's to stop them from permanently claiming anyone else's work under a fictional creator's tag?  

It would not surprise me if, instead of removing a banned user's items, they simply gave them a new creator name and let them get lost in the vast and smelly heap.  And after seeing the turn this thread has taken--that TSR claims ownership of everything uploaded to it, and that people can't remove their own uploads, it seems even more shady.

on't play leapfrog with unicorns
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 December 14, 07:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Jysudo"
Ok, firstly is this Thomas guy a staff who is paid by TSR or what?

Secondly, TSR is quite civil about giving refunds. I asked for one and got it less than 24 hours later.

I believe Thomas *is* TSR.

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 December 14, 08:06:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The owner is Steve Bonham.   But it's someone else entirely has their names on the subscriptions receipt...

Our lil friend must be stopped.
torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 December 14, 11:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, anyone know what happened to the FA Chrissie or Chrissy or whatever she is? Cause TSR says that there is no Chrissie or Chrissy. I'm going through the booty right now, so I wanna know if she had good stuff or not? Half of the FAs make shit.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: