PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 01:22:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5285 Members
Latest Member: breakinme
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 626055 times)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #1905 on: 2007 September 26, 09:05:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "sherrie"
it's nothing to do with the fact 'TSR' called my creations crap, to be fair, I dont think they did, ATWA actually said that

You're right sherrie - sorry - I just remember that indignity when you tried to get your stuff removed.  My bad  :oops:

If they cant hack a site, they will smear the owners name.

You got that right - nohead demonstrates those dirty tactics again and again.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: 2007 September 26, 09:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So headless Thommie, did you have the decency to delete my account from TSR? Haven't checked.
I shouldn't really be surprised that every little sick thing they told me about you were actually true.

My apologies to Sherrie for thinking you were exaggerating or even crazy at times. Everything you told us about these folks Thomas and Atwa is 100% true.

Inactive
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: 2007 September 26, 10:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi. Checking in on the thread and Sherrie, you have the absolute right to be angry. I don't really use swear words, but anyway here's my rant:

I found out that the Elmazzz skins included with their sims have nipples! Also, some fetish stuff on their site (clothes, not hacked items) seriously.

Who would want they're kids to get that? Oh, TSR's such a great PG-13 site. They claim that MTS2 is adult- and they're so right! Omigosh, totally!

The thing that really pisses me off is that TSR claims they're PG-13, whereas MTS2 doesn't say it is. So it's okay for MTS2 to have skins with nipples (like Enayla's).

TSR never contributes much to the community does it? They credit CEP and such but they cut off all other links to MTS2 besides meshes since they think MTS2 is an 'adult' site. And most of the good meshes are pay at TSR, while you can get plenty of good, alpha-editable, VERSATILE and FREE ones at places like MTS2 and Parsimonious!

Monkey6758 has become an FA by the way. At the rate they're going, there'll be 7540 FAs the next time I drop by! And besides, TSR's all 'Hey, we're free! And awesome! Family-friendly too! All the things we do are contributions to the community!' but it's the other way round.

They accepted hacks before, have little good free artists, and they're PAY. Need I say more? The bandwidth thing is so fake I can't believe it. And the comments people are giving these days to get Kudos are even faker.

And a lot of people will lick ass to get to the FA position. Oh please, the 'I love what I do so I'm doing it!' is so believable. A lot of people ALSO post a lot in the forums thinking TSR is so wholesome...that's just the tip of the iceberg for me.

Most people are directed to TSR as they're first site so they think 'Oh it's okay to be pay, since the best site is doing it!' So they think free sites are worse and if they set up paysites because they 'can'.

quote="Black Rose"]
Maybe I should change my name to "Penny" and mesh some ugly hairs to get by. LOL[/quote]

Jess Maree's unofficial stalker; because CookiePirate isn't cutting it anymore.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: 2007 September 26, 11:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "pinksmoke"

TSR never contributes much to the community does it? They credit CEP and such but they cut off all other links to MTS2 besides meshes since they think MTS2 is an 'adult' site.

Of course TSR never contributes to the community. The community is their competition.

Also, the "adult" MTS2 excuse is pure unadulterated bullshit, yet another bald-faced lie. MTS2 is their biggest competitor; linking to them would be like McDonald's linking to Burger King. Or, more aptly, McDonald's telling you to go home and cook your own dinner. And lookie here:

MTS2 is winning, and it just keeps pulling ahead.

Thoma$$/nohead is scared for his bottom line. He's afraid he'll have to get a real job -- or maybe that he'll have to start servicing grannies fulltime for money, since he's incapable of living a non-parasitical life.

nohead
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: 2007 September 26, 11:25:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Touchy subject it seems, that's the passion i was talking about!
I don't know the full story to this, i just thought it looked a bit funny that's all Smiley.

I'm cant answer to the TSR slander but this little gem i can answer:
(no head feeling he has to answer every post I make while ignoring others shows his personal obsession)

I can't recall i've ever replied to you before?
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: 2007 September 26, 11:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "tomato"

FA's are paid by the number of subscriber downloads.  So much for each block of 10,000 downloads.  They might also get a certain amount for each set submitted, but I am not sure about that.  

FAs get $10 for each 10 000th download...this means around $300 a month, and they also can get $30 Bonus.

I really do not like the way he talks about Jirka there...Bleh.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1911 on: 2007 September 26, 11:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "CapnJojoba"

FAs get $10 for each 10 000th download...this means around $300 a month, and they also can get $30 Bonus.

That is assuming that they all make the same.  Isn't there some debate about some making more than others?

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: 2007 September 26, 11:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ModtheSims2 is a far superior site. I can't see them even being in the same league as TSR. Their philosophy is vastly different.
I believe they are helpful (even though it may take ages for them to get back to you.. they do! And with tons of wonderful advice). It may not be perfect but they are upfront about everything.  TSR....all the ugliness is covered up... and I was so poorly uneducated on the matter. I didn't know! And I subscribed for years!!!  :cry:

I think there HAS to be away for people to be educated! I tell you... we all love free sites and we love justice.. there has to be a way! I am telling anyone that talks to me about Sims (which is such a rare few, noone I know personally plays, I'm so lonely! haha) about this site and about evil TSR.

Knowledge surely is power... isn't it?

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: 2007 September 26, 11:58:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "tomato"
Quote from: "CapnJojoba"

That is assuming that they all make the same.  Isn't there some debate about some making more than others?

In making more than others, yes they get Bonuses on the normal $10 per 10 000th downloads

It was an FA who told me this...and judging by the amount of Bonuses she gets, I'd guess that a creator like Windkeeper would most likely get one every month.

Hmm ot: although there are some SAs which have pay sets, I dont think they actually get money for those...I will look into that..

eta:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/news.php?ID=2636

Hmm well theres that new makeup FA we have been waiting for Wink

LOL they seem to be trying to be very hard to now make FAs from tsr creators...rather then snagging people from other sites. They are o so very predictable..

etaa:

No comments on this?! Have you guys not seen it?

http://www.thesimsresource.com/news.php?ID=2638

:lol:  We needz ur moneyz plzz!

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1914 on: 2007 September 26, 12:09:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't agree more, TSR uses the adult content argument simply to avoid linking to a free site with better quality than tsr. they wouldn't want any new blood finding out about great free content before they have paid for subs would they?

Besides what's with all the so called morals?, they are prudish about showing children semi naked sims cartoon characters, however it's ok to teach them stealing is good, so good in fact you can get rich from it. also lying is good too, it gets you out of problems, and if someone says something you dont like, then stalk and threaten to kill them, remember children bullying is good. and if in doubt always get a dumber and socially inept kid to take the fall for you. Bribary is your friend too, if you dont want to get caught doing something, get a greedy kid to do it for you, just promise them something that acually sounds better than it is.  yea TSR have really great family morals. (anyone ever see oliver?... "concider yourself one of the family")

Tsr are such a family friendly site (said with sarcasm)
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/8430/88782tw9.jpg

anyone notice they have just raised their subscription price? GREEDY!
ETA: sorry CapnJojoba, our posts crossed.

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: 2007 September 26, 12:29:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they raised their prices because word of the booty is spreading?
Isn't it a capitalist mantra that if their subscriptions/cash flow is dropping, they still have to maintain their profit margin and the only way to do that is to up the price of subscription/marchandise?

Did you notice that they have The Sims Resource tshirts on one of their new Hiking sets? (clothes)

Like I'm going to give my Sims anything with TSR on it  :twisted:

pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: 2007 September 26, 12:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, but I hate the TSR merchandise thing. All you get is a fugly t-shirt for a few bucks and WTF does that have to do with Sims?

Also on Thoma$$' profile-

'I'm the person in charge of all visuals on TSR and I'm learning as much as I can about object creation and skinning too at the moment. I hope you like what you see, otherwise I'm the person to blame! Smiley I'm happily married to Anna and I love pets! We have 3 fishtanks, two with ciklids in them and one with seaturtles. On top of it all we also have a furry little rabbit called TinTin too Smiley Cya in chat!'

No I don't like what I see, so you are to blame. (to the words in bold)

To tell you the truth, Steve's quite innocent, isn't he? Actually not really innocent, more like naive. Doesn't Thoma$$ control money-making mammoth that is TSR?

Also, TinTin is NitNit spelt backwards, Atwa's Thoma$$' rabbit, eh? -snicker-

quote="Black Rose"]
Maybe I should change my name to "Penny" and mesh some ugly hairs to get by. LOL[/quote]

Jess Maree's unofficial stalker; because CookiePirate isn't cutting it anymore.
blackmars
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: 2007 September 26, 15:32:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And then people wonder why I hate TSR so much.

That false sense of community pisses me off. I read the FAs' profiles and they all go on about how happy they are. About how TSR has given them so much advice and it's so friendly.

What a load of horse poo.

They have FAs that have no right being FAs but they are because they know someone or are going down on someone.

They make money off a community that has already put almost $300 dollars (and more if you count computer upgrades) into this game.

They smear the names of people who only want to help and they censor those who want honest discussion.

Their tactics make me sick to my stomach.

It's the Otherworld invading...oh that's a paysite~

"In the end the crew became restless, petty and insolent. So we killed them."
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: 2007 September 26, 16:02:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How accomodating of the dollar!  Falling just in time to provide an excuse to make up shortfalls caused by people wising up to TSR's inherent illegitmacy and creepy practices.

They had to raise prices to make more money off of filesharers.   Cool

ETA:  I don't think Steve Bonham is at all innocent; he pulls a paycheck from TSR, yes?  And please correct me if I'm mistaken, but was he not a Maxoid or simmaster at one time?  So he's the conduit into EA?

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: 2007 September 26, 16:06:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I work in a big city and if I have NEVER seen anyone wear a TSR shirt.
or a Holy Simoly tanktop.

What's with the shirts?

I mean I love the GAME ... but gaming and my fashion sense are two different things.

AS for money... shit yeah.. I have been playing this game for 8 years! 8 years!! I have gone through 3 computer upgrades, 4 video card upgrades, bought every single Sims 1 + 2 EP, and I have subscribed and donated to virtually every paysite at one time or another. (Apart from a select few due to bad reputation). I've had to go without....my partner has had to pull me out of silly budgeting hell because I have gone nuts with the donating, I'm very lucky I don't have kids. And then I think of all those stay at home mums who love being armchair interior decorators and architects... they are limited in their gameplay. Everyone who can't afford it is limited.
It's sad.
Because I don't care what anyone says... variety in CC is what keeps this game alive.

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: